white people

homi29

Negrepped for being white.

who ever said that I was white? i think you mean neg repped for not being anti-white.

smh@jetlenoir. i kno u hate jews but no reason to come up in this thread defending the master race.

????

what do jews have to do with anything?

NEXT STOP: ROCKET SCIENCE

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say that, as a white person, I fucking love expensive sandwiches. I could eat $20 sandwiches for every meal for the rest of my life. I'll pay even more if the sandwich is grilled, or contains a cheese I can't pronounce.

That is all.

i am not a white person but i whole heartedly agree with this statement.

I would like to say that I'm sitting here drinking wine with a funny name, watching arrested development, and chatting on AIM.

Ha ha this is so funny. Just before I saw this post, I made myself a latte, nestled into the couch and watched 4 episodes of Arrested Development. Then talked to my bud on the phone and told him he needed to finally watch Rushmore and Juno. That blog is pretty spot on. Oh and I love expensive sandwiches.

how the hell can you not like sandwiches?

also i just found this

"But not all white people love bicycles in the same way, there is much diversity. First up, we have the younger urban white folks who absolutely love their fixed gear bicycles. These are seen all over college towns, Silverlake in LA, Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Queen West in Toronto, and Victoria, British Columbia. Fixed gear bicycles meet a lot of requirements for white person acceptance. They can be made from older (i.e. vintage) bicycles, thus allowing the rider to have a unique bike that is unlikely to be ridden by anyone else in town. They are also easily customizable with expensive things Aerospoke rims, Phil Wood Hubs, and Nitto Parts. The combination of rare bicycles and expensive parts makes it easy for white people to judge other white people on the quality and originality of their bicycles. This is important in determining if someone is or isn’t cooler than you."

hahahahahahaahhaaha

Man, this blog is talking about a very specific type of white person. What about the white people that go to megachurches and shop at wal-mart? Or the ones that live in planned communities? Or the ones who wear tweety-bird sweatshirts? I would bet cash that any white woman over 30 that owns a tweety-bird sweatshirt has never paid more than $7 for a sandwich.

Man, this blog is talking about a very specific type of white person. What about the white people that go to megachurches and shop at wal-mart? Or the ones that live in planned communities? Or the ones who wear tweety-bird sweatshirts? I would bet cash that any white woman over 30 that owns a tweety-bird sweatshirt has never paid more than $7 for a sandwich.

true. i was thinking the same.

in fact if you think about it more, it isn't really talking only about white people but mainly rich people. people within the same class tend to be more similar to eachother than with their richer or poorer counterparts. too many times people view the divisions by race.

the reason the blog seems to relate primarily to white people though is due to the fact that the upper class is mainly composed of white people.

Talk about being as transparent as ghost paper.

"YOUR near exclusive world view."

Well, it appears as though you're the racist, assuming that I'm white because my non-leathal comment (which in no way defended "whiteness") struck a nerve.

When I wrote YOUR I meant your...you directly not white ppl generally.

"Who the fuck do you think brings that shit up"

You've got to be kidding me. Maybe you should stop banging away angrily on the keyboard and read about an entire northern european world which was completely erased through genocide and intellectual ethnic cleansing by the romans, the catholic church, the ottoman empire, moores, and countless other invaders into eastern and central europe throughout recorded history. white people aren't innocent, but they're no more guilty than anybody else. As a former history major, I've noticed that white people, while sometimes flawed in perception of their history, have a rather firm grip on it. The only people really "bringing up" criticisms containing your level of ANGER are those people requesting the complete eradication of white ethnic identity and observation of complete blame for all of the worlds problems. Traditionally, we call these people 1) Racists and 2) Propagandists or 3) Paranoid.

You're stuck in the 90s with the "who's more oppressed" whining. Everyone anywhere has gotten owned by someone else, but to make broad sweeping statements of how much better white folks are because they are occassionally reminded and supposedly know about their atrocities is ignorant. In your statement you ignore the people of color, poor folks, outspoken women, true white allies, etc who make these things issues for all of us and question the 'master narrative'/status quo/default. This isn't a spotaneous process that proves how much better white folks are coz they come w/ a guilt default--which is how you framed it earlier.

Also, you attack white people and "their" perception of "normalcy."

Considering the fact that normalcy is a relative notion and the fact that todays society views normalcy as old-fashioned and essentially wrong in many ways... You choose to view normalcy as white. Therefor you relate whiteness to being inherently bad which is itself relative to your own insecurity and confusion. You make sense of your confusion through an expression of racial bias (which is very easy and very common). You made out well, because you found an entire community of people with the same simple answer to all of the worlds problems. Congratulations.

Next time, ask questions rather than assuming things about me, e.g. most of the paragrah above.

Normalcy...you underestimate normalcy's importance and widespread reach..and if you think that normalcy isn't white in US society (even w/ Will Smiths)--google the "doll test".

Since the human brain works via shorthand/seeing patterns/groupings it's easier to simplify, but there are motives for why certain entities (elite, media, masses) in a society would want to manipulate perceptions. And an example of this process is racialization which can work for or against anybody. For example this anti-Latino "invasion" sentiment occured 150+ years ago but against Asians, and during the depression with Okies in California.

Race doesn't really matter it's the process... and this me.me.me.I'm the victim!!! stuff is stupid, misses the point and is ultimately a big waste of time: "Are black ppl more oppressed than women?!" is a classic example of how the suffering/oppression dick measuring contest. So what's your point of white ppl suffering too...so what?

For future reference--if you'd like a more current example of some white folks being "oppressed" you can make a really shallow argument w/ South Africa or Zimbabwe. :rolleyes:

I can see this thread is getting out hand.

I seem to more-or-less get "hit" one out of about every six or so, and it's usually things like "enjoys Arrested Development" or the fact that I like my dog. I would say that I can name two-hands worth of people who would actually base their lives on this blog if they were not informed that it was a special sort of satire.

Reading your post again this morning just made me chuckle, and I discovered even more sparks of genius in your post than I did late last night. I had to add a few things.

When I wrote YOUR I meant your...you directly not white ppl generally.

reread your post. you were writing directly to me about my alleged "white world view."

You're stuck in the 90s with the "who's more oppressed" whining. Everyone anywhere has gotten owned by someone else, but to make broad sweeping statements of how much better white folks are because they are occassionally reminded and supposedly know about their atrocities is ignorant. In your statement you ignore the people of color, poor folks, outspoken women, true white allies, etc who make these things issues for all of us and question the 'master narrative'/status quo/default. ****That made absolutely no sense. "True White Allies?" Allies against who exactly? What the hell are you talking about?****This isn't a spotaneous process that proves how much better white folks are coz they come w/ a guilt default--which is how you framed it earlier. ****Beam me up! Nothing like this was ever said...****

I never said anyone was better. I never said one person was more oppressed than another. You're putting words into MY mouth. Stop hoisting your dead argument back up onto cheap crutches. How was I ignoring anybody of "color" (whoever they are. unfortunately, this label is very out of date and was used to refer to people outside of the realm of whiteness by both whites and non-whites to alienate them from or unite them against whiteness. good going, genius.), and why should I address them? in the context of YOUR ACCUSATIONS why address any plight (and for the record, i stated bluntly that nobodies "plight" was any more severe than that of anyone else like you accuse me of doing) other than that of certain white ethnic groups in a thread titled "white people?" Also, when did I say that whites possessed a level of self-reflection that other groups lacked? you're choosing to see my post as racist so that you can justify argument for arguments sake.

Next time, ask questions rather than assuming things about me, e.g. most of the paragrah above.

Take your own advice, butt-brain.

Your heated attack left you open to criticism. If you don't want your bad morals and mob-mentality bigotry to surface, then i suggest that you stuff it back into your closet. that is, unless your closet is VERY FULL. Which i'll "assume" is probably the case as I didn't defend a single thing about "white people" and in no way claimed that any race was "better" in any way. That's simply how you saw it because it appears that to you, any positive or neutral comment about white people is directly linked with some kind of perverse racism.

Normalcy...you underestimate normalcy (as projected via pop culture, education, gov't) importance and widespread reach..and if you think that normalcy isn't white in US society--google the "doll test". **** the doll test didn't do a thing for your argument and it supported mine. tell me, which baby did you pick?****

Since the human brain works via shorthand/seeing patterns/groupings it's easier to simplify, but there are motives for why certain entities (elite, media, masses)**** Woops, there went your argument stating that the white collective whole is uniquely responsible for... Wait. I just remembered that you didn't really say anything substantial. Nevermind.**** in a society would want to manipulate perceptions. And an example of this process is racialization which can work for or against anybody. For example this anti-Latino "invasion" sentiment occured 150+ years ago but against Asians, and during the depression with Okies in California.

Race doesn't really matter it's the process... and this me.me.me.I'm the victim!!! stuff is stupid, misses the point and is ultimately a big waste of time: "Are black ppl more oppressed than women?!" is a classic example of how the suffering/oppression dick measuring contest. So what's your point of white ppl suffering too...so what?

Again, putting words into my mouth. In the second paragraph you actually proved my point again, an argument that looked absolutely unlike any you've posted before. Oh, and my only point in pointing out that white people suffered too was because you said, and you DID say, that the only people talking about white atrocity is the rest of the non-white world that white people (as a whole) oppress and actively try to "intellectually" cleans and "shit all over." I was simply pointing out that you completely missed the point, as you do over and over again, by consistantly claiming that white people are the perpetrators of all non-white suffering. You didn't just imply that, you came out and said it. thanks for that. Also, if you actually took the time to read what i wrote, i never said anybody was a victim or perpetrator here. you were able to acknowledge the role of the ruling classes in all of this, which rendered your previous argument completely false. good job.

Let's just be finished with this. Servo is right, this is getting out of hand. lets just stop now.

reread your post. you were writing directly to me about my alleged "white world view."

I never said anyone was better. I never said one person was more oppressed than another. You're putting words into MY mouth. Stop hoisting your dead argument back up onto cheap crutches. How was I ignoring anybody of "color" (whoever they are. unfortunately, this label is very out of date and was used to refer to people outside of the realm of whiteness by both whites and non-whites to alienate them from or unite them against whiteness. good going, genius.), and why should I address them? in the context of YOUR ACCUSATIONS why address any plight other than that of certain white ethnic groups in a thread titled "white people?" Also, when did I say that whites possessed a level of self-reflection that other groups lacked? you're choosing to see my post as racist so that you can justify argument for arguments sake.

Your heated attack left you open to criticism. If you don't want your bad morals and mob-mentality bigotry to surface, then i suggest that you stuff it back into your closet. that is, unless your closet is VERY FULL. Which i'll "assume" is probably the case as I didn't defend a single thing about "white people" and in no way claimed that any race was "better" in any way. That's simply how you saw it because it appears that to you, any positive or neutral comment about white people is directly linked with some kind of perverse racism.

Again, putting words into my mouth. In the second paragraph you actually proved my point. thanks for that. Also, if you actually took the time to read what i wrote, i never said anybody was a victim or perpetrator here. you were able to acknowledge the role of the ruling classes in all of this, which rendered your previous argument completely false. good job.

Why do white people like spicy mustard so much?

#18 Awareness

Poverty700.jpg

An interesting fact about white people is that they firmly believe that all of the world’s problems can be solved through “awareness.†Meaning the process of making other people aware of problems, and then magically someone else like the government will fix it. This belief allows them to feel that sweet self-satisfaction without actually having to solve anything or face any difficult challenges. Because, the only challenge of raising awareness is people not being aware. In a worst case scenario, if you fail someone doesn’t know about the problem. End of story.

What makes this even more appealing for white people is that you can raise “awareness†through expensive dinners, parties, marathons, selling t-shirts, fashion shows, concerts, eating at restaurants and bracelets. In other words, white people just have to keep doing stuff they like, EXCEPT now they can feel better about making a difference.

Raising awareness is also awesome because once you raise awareness to an acceptable, aribtrary level, you can just back off and say “Bam! did my part. Now it’s your turn. Fix it.â€

So to summarize - you get all the benefits of helping (self satisfaction, telling other people) but no need for difficult decisions or the ensuing criticism (how do you criticize awareness?). Once again, white people find a way to score that sweet double victory.

Popular things to be aware of: The Environment, Diseases like Cancer and AIDS, Africa, Poverty, Anorexia, Homophobia, Midde School Field Hockey/Lacrosse teams, Drug Rehab, and political prisoners.

white-centered. sorry i wasn't explicit enough for you.

I never said anyone was better. I never said one person was more oppressed than another. You're putting words into MY mouth. Stop hoisting your dead argument back up onto cheap crutches. How was I ignoring anybody of "color" (whoever they are. unfortunately, this label is very out of date and was used to refer to people outside of the realm of whiteness by both whites and non-whites to alienate them from or unite them against whiteness. good going, genius.), and why should I address them? in the context of YOUR ACCUSATIONS why address any plight other than that of certain white ethnic groups in a thread titled "white people?" Also, when did I say that whites possessed a level of self-reflection that other groups lacked? you're choosing to see my post as racist so that you can justify argument for arguments sake.
you said, "at least white people ....x,y,z." that is what i was responding to...
heated attack? mob mentality? bigotry? sorry your world is so insulated if i come off as militant to you. and no, it's not how i simply saw it--it's how shoddily you wrote, "at least white people...". :rolleyes:
Again, putting words into my mouth. In the second paragraph you actually proved my point. thanks for that. Also, if you actually took the time to read what i wrote, i never said anybody was a victim or perpetrator here. you were able to acknowledge the role of the ruling classes in all of this, which rendered your previous argument completely false. good job.
Uh, ok, so you just added that stuff about Romans, the Church, and the Ottoman empire to fill up some space online? No real point there to make? Haha, you and the half white guy I neg'd and had flame back at me are funny folks....y'know, taking stuff personally and saying yer point is made w/o actually proving anything.

Another epic response with very little to say... :]

everybody likes sandwiches. anybody who says otherwise is in denial, or been eating subpar sandwiches.

no other explanation.

haha see. this is what white people think

what's so great about bland bread surrounding cured meat with mayo on it? nothing haha

even choosing from the bland american food canon, sandwiches are last on my list. I would rather have pasta, a steak, bbq, fries, fish and chips, and on and on.

this is why this blog is comedy

white-centered. sorry i wasn't explicit enough for you.

you said, "at least white people ....x,y,z." that is what i was responding to...

heated attack? mob mentality? bigotry? sorry your world is so insulated if i come off as militant to you. and no, it's not how i simply saw it--it's how shoddily you wrote, "at least white people...". :rolleyes:

Uh, ok, so you just added that stuff about Romans, the Church, and the Ottoman empire to fill up some space online? No real point there to make? Haha, you and the half white guy I neg'd and had flame back at me are funny folks....y'know, taking stuff personally and saying yer point is made w/o actually proving anything.

Another epic response with very little to say... :]

You're right. You win. White people are subhuman. Sorry for letting this go on for so long and subjecting you all to such malarky.

haha see. this is what white people think

what's so great about bland bread surrounding cured meat with mayo on it? nothing haha

even choosing from the bland american food canon, sandwiches are last on my list. I would rather have pasta, a steak, bbq, fries, fish and chips, and on and on.

this is why this blog is comedy

102998949_931a61406d.jpg