Canada

Lothario

Quote:

Toronto's a wannabe San Francisco filled with kids who want to pretend like they're from NYC.

Haven't been to Vancouver, but I'd love to.

--- Original message by minya on Sep 12, 2005 02:28 PM

I totally agree with minya. Toronto is getting more and more pretentious and overrun with hipsters...maybe a by-product of the cookie-cutter-condo boom? Shopping in Toronto is aight, but boutiques, rather than opting for avant-garde lines, tend to jump on the fashion bandwagon and stock whatever brand is the flavour of the month (when I went last summer it was a lot of 7 Jeans, Juicy Couture, Diesel) In other words, unimaginative selection. I've never been to Vancouver so I can't comment there, but anyone who wants to get ANY kind of shopping done in Canada HAS to go to Montreal!!! Great selection, wicked eye candy, awesome nightlife. Je te manques MTL!!!

Montreal is ok. I have never been to any dope shops out there though. I guess maybe because I am American and dont speak French accounts for the limted traveling I do in the city. So where could I find some ill shops in Montreal then?

I am looking for Timbs and rare kicks. Are there any good clubs? I hear this place called Circus is tight.

Out.

ha! for the toronto haters: you know how outside of new york (for the most part) americans think new york is some obnoxious stanky place - and how outside of america people hate on it for being the world's policeman and whatever? canadians who hate on toronto simply have no idea what's good and show a pathetic insecurity. vancity and the m are both amazing too, but lets be real people. there's a reason centres of attention bare that name.

to the original poster: the best 'boutiques' in toronto are nomad, uncle otis, the goodfoot, reset, del-phic, model citizen. most are in the queen west neighbourhood which is downtown-west, others are in yorkville and on college street (midtown). parkdale (queen west west) is also worth checking out - and for the best vintage shopping possibly on the planet go to kensington market (which is off spadina avenue between college and dundas).

peace! and enjoy your time up here...

ager.

Quote: Toronto is getting more and more pretentious and overrun with hipsters...maybe a by-product of the cookie-cutter-condo boom?

i am not a fan of these hipsters with their stupid tattoos, bandana around the neck, beer belly from drinking stella artois last night at the Queenshead or some uber fag art show, looking like a terry richardson photo shoot and super fake bandwagon jumping fondness for Cam'Ron and the Diplomats. damn, like whats up with y'all...

Quote: I'm currently stuck in Winnipeg...uber-boring town, boutiques absolutely suck, no one here has heard of raw denim, and the best place to chill is sub-urban malls

ouch. wouldn't wanna be you. you lost the jets to the coyotes too. hopefully the city will recover, it's no worse than toronto, or 'tdot" for the posers.