What is your Wallet?

john11f

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have a line on a good travel wallet? I've been idly keeping an eye out for something that does a good job of holding a passport and boarding pass, plus the requisite random other travel shit (multiple currencies, cards, SIM cards would be nice...). The closest I've found:

1. Nau "Fluent Doc"

808u01_002_2_11.jpg

- I dig the compartmentalization

- I have a Nau backpack and the construction is good and aesthetic pleasing

- zipper makes sense

- $65 doesn't seem too bad

- buuut a boarding pass would awkwardly stick out the top of the passport pocket, or have to be folded in half (not ideal in my experience)

2. Bellroy "Travel Wallet"

travel-wallet-cocoa-2.jpg?100537

- Designed to fit a boarding pass but not crease it when folded

- Understated design is probably a good thing

- includes a pen!

- leather is good

- Nowhere for SIM cards (I have about 8 at this point)

- I wish the design was a little more... interesting. At least more interesting leather?

- $120 is a lot

at the moment Im using this terrible Country Road credit card holder wallet because its small and fits in my front pocket with ease. I dont like big bulky wallets.

I have this Comme des Garcons coin wallet just sitting in my draw gathering dust because its too large for my pocket and I dont carry a bag or anything around with me but I wish I could get some use out of it. Ill start smoking weed so I can put it in there maybe.

img4728f.jpg

I'm interested in buying one of the CdG zip wallets but they seem kind of large aswell

anyone have a line on a good travel wallet? I've been idly keeping an eye out for something that does a good job of holding a passport and boarding pass, plus the requisite random other travel shit (multiple currencies, cards, SIM cards would be nice...). The closest I've found:

1. Nau "Fluent Doc"

808u01_002_2_11.jpg

- I dig the compartmentalization

- I have a Nau backpack and the construction is good and aesthetic pleasing

- zipper makes sense

- $65 doesn't seem too bad

- buuut a boarding pass would awkwardly stick out the top of the passport pocket, or have to be folded in half (not ideal in my experience)

2. Bellroy "Travel Wallet"

travel-wallet-cocoa-2.jpg?100537

- Designed to fit a boarding pass but not crease it when folded

- Understated design is probably a good thing

- includes a pen!

- leather is good

- Nowhere for SIM cards (I have about 8 at this point)

- I wish the design was a little more... interesting. At least more interesting leather?

- $120 is a lot

Get this http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/38461?feat=203-GN1&productId=597792

when do these come out?

i don't know exactly, i would say soonish though! the picture comes from the tres bien blog a trip to the comme paris store/showroom?

http://www.blog.tresbienshop.net/search?updated-max=2011-10-24t18%3a02%3a00%2b02%3a00&max-results=10

trying to get the buyer from my work to get them so i can buy a new one on staff discount :)

• 4 months later...