I'd Like To Introduce My Online Magazine

So recently I have been working on putting together an online magazine, called DEJOUR. I just released the second issue today and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It's basically going to be covering a lot of my interests from style, photography, art, music, culture and whatever else I am interested in at the time.

I'm pretty excited about the second issue. We have a lot of good content including:

An interview with Donald of The Virgins + Videos

An interview with Tim Hamilton

Two fashion photo shoots (Disheveled and The Young American)

Spotted: A style on the street section featuring some current (and banned) members of Superfuture.

A feature on Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Undead - an indie flick that just wrapped up filiming in the East Village featuring Jake Hoffman (Dustin's son), Devon Aoki and Waris Ahluwalia

A feature on photographer Phil Toledano

A retail profile on a store in Toronto called Jacflash and a Mixtape by none other than onemancult himself.

as well as lots of other good stuff.

A few of the Toronto guys know about this but if you are looking for an outlet to contribute anything from writing to art to whatever, let me know.

Check it out here at www.dejourmagazine.com - make sure to click to the contents on the top for all of the features. You can also see the January Issue in the Back Issues section.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really cool site. however I just wanted to make you aware that I do not believe "Copyright Dejour 2008" actually means anything. To the best of my knowledge you need to use the symbol. © if you are editing your html this is the code : ©.

best of luck.

looks allright, I'd tweak some small things to make it look more professional, like links which are now blue and underlined on some pages, and some linked images have blue borders. also, on the cover page the introduction to the cover story is a bit close to the image, add some spacing to the table. article/feature pages I'd add an empty line in between the navigation and the content.

its a good start, keep it up

however I just wanted to make you aware that I do not believe "Copyright Dejour 2008" actually means anything. To the best of my knowledge you need to use the symbol. © if you are editing your html this is the code : ©.

dude what? "Copyright" means exactly what it reads. theres no requirement for a copyright symbol, however it can be used to replace the word. besides that, the copyright notice hasn't even been relevant for work done since the late 80's, you automatically have rights to your own material. most publications still use it to emphasise it, but it doesn't change the rights you have.

Very cool, I just read the Tim Hamilton interview and liked the inclusion of the last question, it isn't abstract by any means but I bet it's a question that most people don't usually get.

E: In "The Talented Mr. Toledano" interview, I think there is a type in the last sentence of "How did you come up with this idea" response. Should it say

"If it were just a book of pictures it wouldn't have been nearly as good as it is."?

Right now you have it saying would instead of wouldn't.

Very cool, I just read the Tim Hamilton interview and liked the inclusion of the last question, it isn't abstract by any means but I bet it's a question that most people don't usually get.

E: In the "The Talented Mr. Toledano" interview, in the last sentence in the "How did you come up with this idea" response, I think there is a typo. Should it say

"If it were just a book of pictures it wouldn't have been nearly as good as it is."

As it is you have it saying would instead of wouldn't.

I had to read that 3 times to understand what you were saying.

yea there were a couple of typos here and there

regarding the interview questions, some of them could be a bit more original, like try to use a slightly different sentence, or two sentences in the question. for example the first 6 questions in the Virgins interview all start with words like Who/What/How/Where... outline the question a bit to make it more interesting, a bit less questionnaire feeling.

just some random thoughts :o

i enjoyed your magazine. nice work.

besides that one chinese guy who always takes pics in his sneaker stockroom, i couldn't really recognize anyone from sufu (banned or not).

Guest Pettibon

i see a homie lost but not forgotten. needless to say this is probably the only online magazine i'll pay attention to. outstanding job.

edit: i like how mike lowery will delete my constructive criticism but keeps his. my constructive criticism is "don't listen to mike lowery."

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu

i got two mails from you linking the mag. thanks.

i haven't looked at shit yet, but thanks. who does the blogs?

edit.

just looked. good job. no hate, but just another richkids musical selections were kinda wack. whatever.

So recently I have been working on putting together an online magazine, called DEJOUR. I just released the second issue today and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It's basically going to be covering a lot of my interests from style, photography, art, music, culture and whatever else I am interested in at the time.

I'm pretty excited about the second issue. We have a lot of good content including:

An interview with Donald of The Virgins + Videos

An interview with Tim Hamilton

Two fashion photo shoots (Disheveled and The Young American)

Spotted: A style on the street section featuring some current (and banned) members of Superfuture.

A feature on Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Undead - an indie flick that just wrapped up filiming in the East Village featuring Jake Hoffman (Dustin's son), Devon Aoki and Waris Ahluwalia

A feature on photographer Phil Toledano

A retail profile on a store in Toronto called Jacflash and a Mixtape by none other than onemancult himself.

as well as lots of other good stuff.

A few of the Toronto guys know about this but if you are looking for an outlet to contribute anything from writing to art to whatever, let me know.

Check it out here at www.dejourmagazine.com - make sure to click to the contents on the top for all of the features. You can also see the January Issue in the Back Issues section.

you interviewed my pal upso.