Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Just picked up some raw grey Slim Guys at Sydney's. They seem great for the price. I was happy to find grey raw selvedge denim, I'm been searching for a pair that fit me for a while now. Those grey NDGs that came out last season were a weird fit on me . . . and they cost 4 bills here.

• 2 weeks later...

Im visiting fam out here in cleveland and was looking for a good denim spot and bam! So im in this store, and the worker was so helpful and friendly, its not even funny. So he introduces me to naked & famous cause i was looking for slim raw denim. He himself had a pair of Weird Guy deep indigo raw, low rise tapered leg? Well it was a great fit, so imma pick up a pair soon, weird guy deep indigo size 28 sizing down 2 from 30. ill put up fit pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my Wierd Guy Deep Indigo Raws from Blue in Green. I'm around 5'10"-5'11" and around 140 lbs. My true waist is somewhere between 31"-32" and I got a size 29. Fits me perfectly, denim is almost like cardboard. I'll try and get some fit pics up when I find my damn camera.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a pair of the Slim Guy in Black Selvage today at Deep Sleep in Philly.

The fit was nice, but I'm not a real big fan of the zipper, the lack of hidden rivets, exposed selvage coin pocket, and it seemed like there were some construction details lacking. But the fit and fabric were right for the price.

Just had the feel of the actual denim and all i can feel is cheapness. Fact that they are selvage denim doesn't mean they would have costed so much in production, there are cheap selvage fabric denim available. For the price i would have expected something more.

Just had the feel of the actual denim and all i can feel is cheapness. Fact that they are selvage denim doesn't mean they would have costed so much in production, there are cheap selvage fabric denim available. For the price i would have expected something more.

For the price? these are cheap as fuck!

I've been wearing a pair of vintage blue weird guys since february, and although the construction is questionable, the denim quality is fine. I'll post pictures once I get a chance.

The fabric is fine. There is a little more grin after wearing them for a couple days than I generally like, but it's fine just not super-special. It's the construction that I find lacking, but that's where they save on price, it says so on their hangtags.

I think what will decide if these are a good deal or not is how they wear and fade. APC, LVC, and similarly lesser priced denims have shown to wear well, but these are new and no one has had them for a year yet so we don't know. But I am willing to take on the challenge. Besides if these are a bust, then I can just concentrate on the Dry Bones X SE collabs

• 2 weeks later...

interesting ddd...while I do take issue with the poor construction (but hey what can you do at that price) and the company's intent as a whole (just another marketing scheme) for what its worth they aren't so bad...and I'm liking the whiskers you got going on...be sure to post evolution pics in a few months!

Honestly, they're decent jeans for what you pay for them. Of all the pairs I've seen, the newer pairs like the weighty, stiff, 15oz Weird guy (pink selvage line, dark indigo w/ orange stitching) seem to have improved construction over the older models (felled inseam, more chain stitching). The newer jeans really look pretty good construction-wise, all the basics are there. The hardware still seems a little shitty, and the sewing is maybe not what you'd find on an upper echelon jean, but still not complete shit.

Really though, if you're after a premium qual jean with top finishing (hidden rivets, etc.) then why would you be looking at these? At $120 and up, most of the people out there who are looking at these are looking for an alternative to what most on here would call "entry-level" denim such as APC, Nudie, Cheap Monday, etc., and that's the niche where I'd place these. Affordable, and still decent looking raws. And as others have mentioned they can sometimes go on sale for pretty damn cheap. I grabbed a pair of the 21oz back in July for a $100 bucks.

The 21oz uses a denim that seems very similar to Iron Heart's. Very weighty, but still soft.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have the same pair but in a Sz30.. Have had it for about 2 months I'd say.. washed them once already actually because I wanted to keep them all dark (I think fading overdyed jeans looks weird).

They actually haven't really stretched at all for some reason, if that helps...

I do like them, but I can't really get over the fact that maybe I could've spent way less on a pair of Cheap Mondays if I just wanted overdyed skinny jeans LOL

Then again I haven't tried CM yet so maybe they don't fit as well. These N&F ones have a GREAT fit.

this is a perfect example of how the name and marketing image chosen can ruin an otherwise great product.

they look like great cuts with nice fabrics and in an excellent pricepoint, but i would feel like i'm 13 years old(and corny) buying a brand called "naked and famous".

the silk denim color is splendid though, something to look into...

• 2 weeks later...

Curious how the different cuts fit.

I'm assuming they're in order of slimness?

Weirdguy - standard

Slimguy being trimmer (maybe like a slim jim)

and Skinnyguy being real skinny?

I feel like their descriptions don't give enough details . . .

and how much are they stretching out in the waist/hips?

• 4 weeks later...

^^^

So I was in Chicago today...wearing my dry bones...then go to barneys with some friends...stumble across these deep indigo selvedge n&f....gotta admit i always thought n&f would be a crappy brand...

put them on because they were on sale for 89$...blown away by how great they felt...the denim is sick and they are just so stiff and solid...i'm excited...

got my mommy to get me them for a christmas present booo yaaa!

didn't need em...had to have them opps!

i just got the weird guy selvedge indigo today

DSC00903-1.jpg

DSC00886-1.jpg

height and weight? what size are those? mind posting a better fit pic? they look dopefresh from what I can see.

I ordered black powa skinnies in 28 for xmas I'll post pictures maybe in a couple weeks.