Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Bought some stainless steel N&F

http://www.nakedandf...l-selvedge.html

Was I wrong to size down 1? Want a slimmer fit, but not skin tight. I like my APC NS (which I sized down 2), but I would like more room in the crotch area.

Also, should I soak before I wear?

Hem them now or later? I'm assuming after a soak if I do decide to.

Sorry for the noob questions. Don't want to waste my new purchase.

How much should I size down, if any for Weird Guy Nep selvedge? My levis waist is 30 which is still a little loose

Also are they Sanforized? Should I soak them?

First of all, stating your size 30 Levi's are too loose doesn't warrant that a size 29 or smaller for WG's will fit you correctly. In this case I would suggest you measure the waist and not trying to judge by tagsize.

Second, WG run 2 sizes larger than tagged (most of them). And almost every jean that N&F produces is sanforized, so that means minimal shrinkage... In that case soaking them isn't needed, only if you want the starch out of them.

Wussup guys,

I'm interested in buying a pair of elephants 2, but I find the skinny guy fit a bit too baggy (I've got some 29 momo collabs)

So I'm probably going to get the 28 and I was wondering if it's possible to bring them to a tailor, so he can make the legs tighter.

Would that be possible without fucking up the denim ?

Thanks!

Anyone have some good fades going on their elephant2s?

I have worn mine about 40-50 times over the past two months. I have some wear on back pockets and some combs coming in but nothing too serious as of yet. Have a couple other jeans in the rotation though so not an everyday wear.

Wussup guys,

I'm interested in buying a pair of elephants 2, but I find the skinny guy fit a bit too baggy (I've got some 29 momo collabs)

So I'm probably going to get the 28 and I was wondering if it's possible to bring them to a tailor, so he can make the legs tighter.

Would that be possible without fucking up the denim ?

Thanks!

For sure you can, but to be honest, I'd say just buy a correct waist size and not worry about. They have as much denim to work with as there is on the selvedge inseam, which is about, less than half an inch, so like I said don't worry about it will probably look fine. (:

Just got my N&F WEIRDGUY NEP in the mail today, stoked. Even though they're a size 31 the fit isn't too loose, since my ass and thighs are really big. Thinking about hot soaking them to get them to be tighter. If I do, how should I go about it? Do N&F soak much? They're 12oz

Just got my N&F WEIRDGUY NEP in the mail today, stoked. Even though they're a size 31 the fit isn't too loose, since my ass and thighs are really big. Thinking about hot soaking them to get them to be tighter. If I do, how should I go about it? Do N&F soak much? They're 12oz

I was wondering if anyone can help me out on this. I bought some WG Elephant 2s the other day in a size 31. I currently wear a size 32 in Unbranded Skinny. Should I have sized down to 30 to get a fit similar to my Unbrandeds? The Elephant 2s haven't gotten here yet, so I'm a bit iffy on how they'll fit. My waist size right below my navel is 32" if it makes any difference.

I was worried about the fit being to tight. Considering sizing up even. I guess I'll give them some time to loosen up. I'm looking for a somewhat relaxed fit. Thanks for your help.

I did get these from revolve, so I'm thinking about getting a pair a size up just to see how they fit.

Edited by dirtydan

i'm kind of hesitant to order a pair of the 32oz denim due to the fact that n&f doesn't have as much experience with heavy denim as say iron heart who deals with 18-21oz denim on a regular basis to the point where their quality is seriously on point with every pair of heavy denim. does anyone who has seen/handled the 32oz pair have any insight on the quality of the denim? i really want to give it a legitimate chance in terms of wearing it on a (somewhat) daily basis rather than keeping it as a gimmicky pair for collection because it seems pretty fantastic to me. thanks guys!

yoo, long time lurker here, finally got a working account thanks to new sf upgrade. anyways, anyone know where i can find some good pics of the tweed fill denim that got released this fall? thinking of buying it but most pics i find dont show the tweed well so i dont really know what it looks like upclose

i'm kind of hesitant to order a pair of the 32oz denim due to the fact that n&f doesn't have as much experience with heavy denim as say iron heart who deals with 18-21oz denim on a regular basis to the point where their quality is seriously on point with every pair of heavy denim. does anyone who has seen/handled the 32oz pair have any insight on the quality of the denim? i really want to give it a legitimate chance in terms of wearing it on a (somewhat) daily basis rather than keeping it as a gimmicky pair for collection because it seems pretty fantastic to me. thanks guys!

I don't think you really have to worry, I doubt very much that Brandon would release a product that doesn't measure up. N&F hasn't grown by leaps and bounds these last couple years by cutting corners. I have purchased a lot of N&F products and have been happy with each of them. Two of them were the 26oz and 21oz stiff denim. Both held up with no problem and I am really rough on my stuff.

I have seen Brandon's demo pair of the 32oz, and they look great. He has been carting them around everywhere he goes and showing them off on TV and trade shows. If there was something wrong or less than 100% with the jeans the denimheads that are checking them out would more than likely see it.

I also hope to pick up a pair of the 32oz and plan on beating them up. No point in spending that kind of coin on something that will just sit in the closet.