Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

You get what you pay for at that price. N&F are fine for their price. In terms of construction, their quality does not come close to the japanese brands (made in japan).

If you are making the step up from G-Star, then i'm sure you will be impressed.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, i_denim said:

Hi,

Does anybody have pictures of N&F Easy Guy Jeans? I am planning to pickup my first pair of Raw/Selvedge jeans and tilting towards N&F Easy Guys as it seems to meet my requirements (Japanese Selvedge Denim+High Rise+Tapered Fit).

How does N&F compare to some other brands here that people seem to like - Sugarcane, orSlow, Edwin etc?

Be sure to look at size charts again. The Easy Guys are not high rise jeans by anything but the use of highly relative marketing terminology. They are higher than any of N&F's other men's cuts (IIRC), but they're not high on an absolute level. They're definitely mid-rise jeans. My 34 Easy Guys (which are actually 37's due to a healthy amount of vanity sizing) have a 12 inch rise, which is actually a tad low for that size waistband. That's exactly how Gustin sizes their Straight cut jeans (12" rise with 37" measured waist). Both my Easy Guys and my Gustins have a slightly lower slung feel than all of my 501's...and those 501's are mid-rise jeans.

All the so-called "high tapered" cuts I know of are not *actually* high rise jeans; they're just "higher" rise jeans than most of the other stuff the company makes. If you want a truly high taper, you'll probably have to buy a high-straight cut and then have it altered.

1 hour ago, 428CJ said:

Be sure to look at size charts again. The Easy Guys are not high rise jeans by anything but the use of highly relative marketing terminology. They are higher than any of N&F's other men's cuts (IIRC), but they're not high on an absolute level. They're definitely mid-rise jeans. My 34 Easy Guys (which are actually 37's due to a healthy amount of vanity sizing) have a 12 inch rise, which is actually a tad low for that size waistband. That's exactly how Gustin sizes their Straight cut jeans (12" rise with 37" measured waist). Both my Easy Guys and my Gustins have a slightly lower slung feel than all of my 501's...and those 501's are mid-rise jeans.

All the so-called "high tapered" cuts I know of are not *actually* high rise jeans; they're just "higher" rise jeans than most of the other stuff the company makes. If you want a truly high taper, you'll probably have to buy a high-straight cut and then have it altered.

That is a very helpful response, thank you. I am glad I did not order N&F or the Unbranded Brand UB601 Loose Tapered. Both brands seem related.

My Levi's 501 is probably the shortest rise I own and I hate it. I have proper High rise, tastefully tapered jeans from G-star (poor denim quality) and some very good ones from Nudie Jeans. Nudie makes a cut called 'Brute Knut' and its 13" rise. G-Star is probably 14" rise. I guess both of them may have some Japanese raw selvedge on offer, I should look there as I am familiar with the fits.

Some people suggested Warehouse 800 and Pure Blue Japan etc but none of that stuff is available on reliable online stores like Amazon, Nordstrom or Rakuten. It doesn't help that I live in India.

BTW take a look at these as this is a N&F thread & Unbranded is probably owned by them

https://theunbrandedbrand.com/collections/relaxed-fit/products/ub601-relax-tapered-fit-indigo-selvedge?variant=21914154501

@i_denim don't be constrained by using Amazon etc, and sticking to G Star/ Nudie theres plenty of reliable sites you can trust to order from who I'm sure will deliver to India. We can chip in with advice on sites etc. I'd bet money on Denimio shipping to India!

Have you looked at Japan Blue for a high rise tapered fit?

On 2/3/2018 at 12:53 AM, Geeman said:

@i_denim don't be constrained by using Amazon etc, and sticking to G Star/ Nudie theres plenty of reliable sites you can trust to order from who I'm sure will deliver to India. We can chip in with advice on sites etc. I'd bet money on Denimio shipping to India!

Have you looked at Japan Blue for a high rise tapered fit?

That's very kind of you.

Yes, I researched Japan Blue extensively but despite them having many tapered and even a High Tapered cut, the rise measurements are not really High.

So far, I have only found Sugar Cane Jeans with a front rise I like (>13 inch). However, they seem to be very straight fit while I need tapered.

Warehouse 800 is coming with a lot of recommendations here but they are costing a bomb to buy from warehouse directly. Still, I haven't decided against it.

So yeah, Sugarcane and Warehouse seem to be leading this party for me on quality brands while Unbranded brand was leading it on low cost options. 

I like the look of orslow 105 and 107 but the rise is tool short at 11.5.

I am kicking myself for being in Japan 2 years ago and not knowing anything about denim back then. I came back with 4 pairs of Uniqlo Jeans back then though they served me very well.

Edited by i_denim

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great fadings seen here!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The 32oz Weird Guy is back in stock but I'd like to propose a moment of silence for these measurements:

J0qNJn2.png

I'd love to hear from anyone who have copped a pair... Or thinking about it... I sure was looking forward to this but "painted on -fit" is not really how I roll. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me out.  I just purchased a pair of weirds guys at a second hand store.  I noticed the hardware does not say naked and famous on it and the patch at the back is brown suede.  I am wondering if it is real because I've never seen that before.  The quality seems decent and the selvedge is definately legit.

Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, Denimheadly said:

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me out.  I just purchased a pair of weirds guys at a second hand store.  I noticed the hardware does not say naked and famous on it and the patch at the back is brown suede.  I am wondering if it is real because I've never seen that before.  The quality seems decent and the selvedge is definately legit.

Thanks in advance!

Post a pic of the inside label.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:11 PM, Denimheadly said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

N&F have branded buttons and the patch on the back usually has their logo. Why do you think they’re N&F if they don’t say so?

Those are the buttons that Unbranded uses (used?), so they are probably a shorter or limited run.

Edited by discop

I tried contacting them and haven't got an email back but I did some more research and there are definately many more like mine out there and the quality is definately good. 

I just wanted to share I got this for a steal. I found it in dingy vintage store in a pile of jeans for $20. It was my exact size, tapered to exactly how I like it, softened and worn very nicely.  Who needs stretchy fast fashion! Haha

On 5/21/2019 at 7:00 PM, Denimheadly said:

I tried contacting them and haven't got an email back but I did some more research and there are definately many more like mine out there and the quality is definately good. 

I just wanted to share I got this for a steal. I found it in dingy vintage store in a pile of jeans for $20. It was my exact size, tapered to exactly how I like it, softened and worn very nicely.  Who needs stretchy fast fashion! Haha

Any pics?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 1:37 AM, mittens said:

X-post-ish from DWC2.

First pair: Elephant 2 revenge

Second pair: Broken Elephant 6

The two hanging after a wash (3rd I think)

And the newest pair: King of Slub post soak

20190618_195854_HDR.jpg

20190618_195916_HDR.jpg

20190618_200117_HDR.jpg

20190618_200140_HDR.jpg

They‘re really beautifully aged

Make sure to keep them alive for ever and never ever throwing them away.

Otherwise let me know before

• 10 months later...

Anyone got a pair of Strong Guys yet?

One of their newest cuts, and I haven't heard peep about it. They haven't sewn it very often since introducing it.

I got my first pair today. It's a silly cut, but I like it.

It is extremely straight legged. The leg opening is huge – deliberately comical, obviously.

I used to be in the navy, and I swear they based the cut on the 13 button pants from our dress blues ("crackerjacks").

The denim is awesome. Natural indigo, mid-toned, light weight.

Rise isn't quite as high as I'd like, but I am looking forward to seeing how these break in.

Interesting that they are called the Strong Guy, when the cut is actually something I would expect to see a woman wearing.

Glad to see N&F finally do something with a fair amount of rise and leg opening. And again, this denim is awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

First purchase from N&F.

I was after a chore coat a little shorter than my Lee 101 which is nice but can sometimes make me look a bit wierd. 

Below I have pic of both of the pieces. I have lost 1 stone of muscle lately as I have not been going to the gym so the fit will get better once I’m back to training. It is a 9oz denim the Lee is between 10.5-11

I am 5 9 and weigh 168 pounds but since I lost weight here I'm around 12 pounds lighter.

let me know what you guys think I’m loving the detail although I do wish it was 11oz-12oz got a deal on jeanstore website for £111.00 usually £180.00 I think.

On a side note does anyone know if the naked and famouse 9oz mainline selvedge shrink at all?

I know sanforized fabric does not shrink much but if anyone knows about the fabric it would be helpful, as I'm in between two sizes if i went for small i would risk it becoming a little small mainly the sleeve length and by going for my usual size- medium it looks on the bigger side due to the style of cut on their chore coats. on the tag it says may shrink upto 3 percent and I'm hoping it does.

79D3E25B-6064-4FEE-9075-590E56FD93E5.jpeg

151FE519-738F-4450-B763-641DA44A2E70.jpeg

3086440C-20B8-4D54-8C7E-279CA27104BC.jpeg

C8E043AF-5B37-49AE-A67C-F1F752D822EF.jpeg

29D954C5-7AF3-43C4-A269-534F88324EA4.jpeg

7618092C-666A-46C8-8816-C200E292DF15.jpeg

2C59BB87-ABD1-41EA-A4DD-6F71559746A9.jpeg

9861A491-CA34-43C8-8D1D-CE7CD1559255.jpeg

9C9F7B91-E93F-4125-8BCB-BEA27E9794EA.jpeg

7431AAFD-58CC-4CD5-A957-764D68871D48.jpeg

A91E9D39-8C4A-4403-9E67-834B05BB7C30.jpeg

Edited by SF2Turbo