Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Here in Vancouver there's not a whole lot of places you can find selvage (i.e. Dutil, and that's about it) so I'm a little excited that there's a Canadian selvage label now. For all you people in Vancouver on Feb. 1, Naked & Famous denim debuts at FAB's Kerrisdale location.

http://denimnews.blogspot.com/2008/01/stripping-off-frills-naked-famous-is.html

a while back the dude who owns that company walked into the store i work (in amsterdam) and later on he brought some denim so me and my colleagues could have a look... great deal when you compare the price to the quality, i'm looking forward to see some worn in pairs

21oz for $120...that's a pretty sweet deal. I wonder what the cut is like. Looks straight-leg from the pics.

The 21 oz is actually at $200 USD per pair...$120 is for their entry level 13 oz selvage and the denim is much more interesting than APC's.

In their Slim Guy = straight leg. fit.

From what ive seen, the slubby ones ( its obviously id like em.. ) are their most potential piece for me.. loads of companys outside of japan offer raw selvedge denim for first timers but not many companys like nudie, apc, 5ep etc really offer an interesting weave of denim thats similar to something only a few brands from japan do. N&F are maybe the first people to do this ( although nudie have done it abit, but from what I remember only special editions )..... making their gateway denims much tastier than others. -In that the wonder of raw denim is available quite widely already but now, with N&F, slub and texture of slubby selvedge denim is also accessible

Hope to see more.

there is a skinny black pair. Their 'slim' model doesn't appear to be all that slim but who knows, could just be how they are being modeled.

I don't have access to a scanner, so I can't scan the lookbook.

To be honest, i wouldn't get TOO excited about this line. That blog mentions apc quality for 20 dollars less, but i'd say that's a stretch. I wouldn't expect much more than cheap monday quality.

The jeans appear to be decent, HOWEVER, the brands marketing is lame (it's called naked and famous for one).

And there's something weird about their big slub selvage.... almost too flamy...

Hey Cory- I think the look book you have may be an older version, especially if the 21 oz model is not shown.

The denim is actually quite nice. I pulled pieces of loose weft and warp yarn from their swatch book (you can safely do this by taking from back pocket seams sometimes) when no one was looking to undo the ring spin. I found the cotton fibers to be fairly long with good indigo ring dye effect. Most of their fabrics have interesting character even when not faded.

I understand the APC denim is actually part of the mill's lower price line of selvage denim with low dip and high starch content for faster, higher fade contrast. While you may get a nice wear pattern in as little as six months I actually don't think the fabric itself is all that interesting compared to what's out there. Part of APC's appeal (and I'm wearing my New Standards as I'm typing this) is the durable (not necessarily vintage inspired) construction along with how easy it is to personalize them with your own wear pattern.

kakemono, the SlimGuy is available in our 18oz Big Slub Indigo Selvedge denim... its not really a flame detail, its just the slubby texture combined with flash photography. Its also available in 13oz black selvedge and in the Fall in a 21oz thick indigo selvedge denim.

bigblack, the SlimGuy sizing will be: 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38

photo, in Calgary we sell to Songkla, for now they have only ordered the SlimGuy in Big Slub Selvedge Indigo, but check back often with them for new styles. In Toronto, the jeans will be available at Lileo, Over The Rainbow, TNT Blu and Showroom.

indigo_junkie, as of now we dont sell to any online stores. But, I will post if we do. What area do you live in? Perhaps I can point you to a boutique nearby?