Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Anyone bought a pair of new MIJ models?

Not familier with the weird guy fit but the details look cool.NF_MIJ_IG3.jpg

Love the colour and especially like the maple leaf detail however I'd like to know what makes them N&F if they are not made in their Canadian store other than the cut , maybe the patch is sent across .

There is only one retail outlet in my city and they have only ever had the one cut and three pair when iv gone in to try some on so I'm frazzled by the cut names . One day I'll invest in a pair but it will have to wait till I vacation in the North America or Canada , anyway Iv committed myself to a two year commitment to what I have now so at least I have a two year grace period .

Love the colour and especially like the maple leaf detail however I'd like to know what makes them N&F if they are not made in their Canadian store other than the cut , maybe the patch is sent across .

There is only one retail outlet in my city and they have only ever had the one cut and three pair when iv gone in to try some on so I'm frazzled by the cut names . One day I'll invest in a pair but it will have to wait till I vacation in the North America or Canada , anyway Iv committed myself to a two year commitment to what I have now so at least I have a two year grace period .

what do you mean? AFAIK everything is MIJ with these. They are a modified weird guy that ends up with a higher rise and a bit more taper. I would say they are on-par quality wise with other MIJ brands but that price tag is pretty hefty for them being N&F. In the end you're still getting N&F's branding and marketing which isn't necessarily a good thing with these IMO.

Edited by mp201

I'd like to know what makes them N&F if they are not made in their Canadian store other than the cut , maybe the patch is sent across .

I think you might be conflating brand and manufacturing. As a brand, N&F can still design and commission jeans to be made to their specs in japan. Levi's is still a U.S.-based brand even though hardly any of their manufacturing is taking place in the U.S. anymore. Or, for a more sufu-relevant example, look at 3sixteen's 21bsp in their 3sixteen+ premium line-up, which are made entirely in Japan.   

I'm not going to argue with anyone on their opinion nor will I argue against what iv said " it's only my opinion .

However I'll leave you with this thought " You have saved all you're life for a Ferrari put the deposit down but in the time it takes for yours to get built they commission the process out to Hyundai and it's going to be a Korean delivery .

Do you still want it ?

Is it still a Ferrari ?

Honestly (to me) N&F is just a gimmick brand and won't ever be anything more than that.

Doesn't really matter what it is, whatever trend they're trying to jump on board with it's still the same lemon.

When it boils down to it: construction is wonky, fabrics are mediocre 9 times out of 10 and still overpriced for what you're getting.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I think that translates into why this thread doesn't really get any play anymore.

That makes me laugh because aren't they all just a gimmic trading off what the original Levi's and others of there time were making , and the irony is that you are part of a trend if you own a pair of raw denim jeans unless of course you were one of the panhandlers that bought a pair of the first batch , also this thread is still being posted on and still on the first page so not sure what you mean by " it doesn't get any play anymore .

I don't have any N&F but they are on my must have list and there are people entering them into the HWDC so they must still be pretty relevant , I think they will be here to stay and that there is plenty of room in the market place for them .

That makes me laugh because aren't they all just a gimmic trading off what the original Levi's and others of there time were making , and the irony is that you are part of a trend if you own a pair of raw denim jeans unless of course you were one of the panhandlers that bought a pair of the first batch , also this thread is still being posted on and still on the first page so not sure what you mean by " it doesn't get any play anymore .

I don't have any N&F but they are on my must have list and there are people entering them into the HWDC so they must still be pretty relevant , I think they will be here to stay and that there is plenty of room in the market place for them .

I don't think that's what it's about. I think the biggest turnoff towards N&F (here, anyways) is the lack of visible heritage throughout their lines- that's when people think they're being gimmicky. Also their advertising and marketing tends to reinforce that ideal. A good example would be the MiJs. Sure, they're made in Japan and are pretty much on par with popular pairs around here, but their marketing has somehow made this pair gimmicky as well..maybe it's the not-so-subtle and false(ish) 'loomstate' description, or the 'tenpi treatment' being in every web description.

They 100% push out great products. Some great products. Their elephant line has continuously been a staple in the raw denim market, but other than that their models are generally overhyped and the quality is still at entry level from most perspectives.

N&F shouldn't be dubbed as 'non relevant', but I don't think their name should be synonymous with top of the line denim. For reference, I have had 3 pairs of N&F including the 32oz and never had a problem, but you can't really feel anything with them unlike my Onis, Samurais, or Imperials.

Edited by mp201

Compared to a lot of threads, this one is hardly active. 15 posts since the beginning of 2015.

That's not really active because there isn't really any interest around here, the brand has really just fallen off most of our radars.

And if you want to operate based on that school of thought then none of us do anything original and we're all following one trend or another. Oh I own and drive a car but I didn't buy it in 1908? Guess I'm just following a trend, since it wasn't from the first batch.

If you're trying to say that other brands are gimmicky when these guys are making glow-in-the-dark and scratch-n-sniff jeans...come on.

Big difference between what I would consider a gimmick and a reproduction or recreation.

There's a place in the market for them, because obviously they're being sold in every Nordstrom across the country, but I'll take my money elsewhere.

I'm not going to argue with anyone on their opinion nor will I argue against what iv said " it's only my opinion .

However I'll leave you with this thought " You have saved all you're life for a Ferrari put the deposit down but in the time it takes for yours to get built they commission the process out to Hyundai and it's going to be a Korean delivery .

Do you still want it ?

Is it still a Ferrari ?

I'm not sure I follow the Ferrari analogy, since it implies that N&F is trying to slyly pass off an inferior product. N&F doesn't strike me as doing anything deceptive or underhanded here. Rather, I think the idea of producing and selling a made in japan pair is meant to appeal to the customers that see MIJ as a mark of higher craftsmanship and tradition than made in Canada denim goods. Whether or not there is a tangible difference in quality between the MIJ jeans and their Canadian products is another matter that we couldn't address without some kind of side-by-side comparison.

And as far as some folks enjoying and appreciating N&F products goes, I think that's great. I think these forums would be pretty sad and pointless if we all wore the same pair of pants and decided we'd just celebrate how much alike we all look. 

Honestly (to me) N&F is just a gimmick brand and won't ever be anything more than that.

Doesn't really matter what it is, whatever trend they're trying to jump on board with it's still the same lemon.

When it boils down to it: construction is wonky, fabrics are mediocre 9 times out of 10 and still overpriced for what you're getting.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I think that translates into why this thread doesn't really get any play anymore.

I think the core line and more "standard" pairs are good for the price. I have the flat head collabs and i love them.

The only N&F models that I've ever found interesting were the collaboration models.

Their standard denim just bores me, just all feels uninspired. But then again I'm not their target demographic I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug but I have a black denim jacket and a pair if the 21oz BIGxNF collab jeans from years ago for sale. Message me for price and more details!

• 2 weeks later...

w1sV5zO.jpg
Just been working on breaking in this pair my fiancé and sister got me for Christmas. Can I get some opinions on the fit? Excuse the pic was looking for a carhart jacket for my fiancé's brother's bday.

Edited by Karasu

• 3 weeks later...

I needed a new pair since my thighs busted out the last ones. I decided to pick up the MIJ. They are a lot softer than I thought they'd be. Pretty happy with my purchase. I've had them for about 3 weeks and I already see some electric blue poking out. I'm excited to see how these age.

ID4qMl1.jpg

5tcwf6Q.jpg

I needed a new pair since my thighs busted out the last ones. I decided to pick up the MIJ. They are a lot softer than I thought they'd be. Pretty happy with my purchase. I've had them for about 3 weeks and I already see some electric blue poking out. I'm excited to see how these age.

ID4qMl1.jpg

5tcwf6Q.jpg

what size are you wearing, and dose it shrink a lot?

what size are you wearing, and dose it shrink a lot?

size 30. I didn't soak it since it states its Tenpi treated and should not shrink anymore. If it does, it should be very minimal and should stretch back.

Hi Guys - I have a few issues with the weird guy cut and I was hoping someone could help.  I find that if I get the proper waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  Getting a fit which is tight but not too restrictive leaves the waist slightly too big.  This is fine as I can just wear a belt but in general I think I need a cut with slightly more rise and a bit more room in the thigh.  Has anyone had experience with this?

w1sV5zO.jpg

Just been working on breaking in this pair my fiancé and sister got me for Christmas. Can I get some opinions on the fit? Excuse the pic was looking for a carhart jacket for my fiancé's brother's bday.

random but are you from detroit?

Hi Guys - I have a few issues with the weird guy cut and I was hoping someone could help.  I find that if I get the proper waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  Getting a fit which is tight but not too restrictive leaves the waist slightly too big.  This is fine as I can just wear a belt but in general I think I need a cut with slightly more rise and a bit more room in the thigh.  Has anyone had experience with this?

The cut just doesnt work for you. If anything you'd need to size up to accommodate the thighs but then the waist will be huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

i need some information here.  :D

Will travel to Hong Kong in couple weeks and i try search the web for any store which might carry N&F denim but i can't find anything.

Did you guys have any information about any store that carry N&F brand in Hong Kong?

Would really appreciate if any of you can help me with any information.

Cheers!  :D