Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

blomqvist: the reason people give their jeans initial soaks is because they are unsanforized, or they will shrink significantly upon the first wash or soak.  An initial soak is done because if you wear unsanforized jeans without soaking or washing them, when you wash them for the first time, they will shrink a lot, the fit will change, and the fades and creases you've created will be misaligned.  However, your jeans are sanforized, so there is no need for an initial soak.  That doesn't mean it's a bad thing to soak them, plenty of people soak all of their jeans before the wear them, as a soak will remove the starch and chemicals that many jeans are manufactured with.  In short, you don't have to soak your N&F's, but if you want to that's fine.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times and I hate to ask it, but what size should I get?

My actual waist is 32 1/4 in and my thighs are 21.5 in, but I manage to squeeze into size 29 511 Levi's. I need a new pair of jeans because they're all too tight now (except for one pair, thank you squats). Anyways, I've seen some people say that N&F uses vanity sizing, but where I plan to buy them a review mentioned they fit TTS. Should I size down to their vanity sizing or not?

If it's any help, the one pair that still fits me fits me amazing its measurements are:

16in back part of waist

10in rise in the front

11in at the thigh opening

6.5 leg opening

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Famous-Denim-WeirdGuy-Selvedge/dp/B00AAVHZ66/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388114758&sr=1-1&keywords=unbranded

If anyone could tell me what exactly the jeans are (elephant II, etc.) that would also be a great help.

blomqvist: the reason people give their jeans initial soaks is because they are unsanforized, or they will shrink significantly upon the first wash or soak.  An initial soak is done because if you wear unsanforized jeans without soaking or washing them, when you wash them for the first time, they will shrink a lot, the fit will change, and the fades and creases you've created will be misaligned.  However, your jeans are sanforized, so there is no need for an initial soak.  That doesn't mean it's a bad thing to soak them, plenty of people soak all of their jeans before the wear them, as a soak will remove the starch and chemicals that many jeans are manufactured with.  In short, you don't have to soak your N&F's, but if you want to that's fine.

Ohhhh ok. Cool! Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today was my lucky day.. I went to get my everyday jeans hemmed at a local tailor. While I was waiting I took a walk to the "Fretex" shop nearby. Its a used store, were they sell everything from clothes to chairs and such. I was of course checking out the jeans, and after a little digging I found a pair of brand new Naked And Famous Elephant 2 jeans in my size with the tag still on it!! I bought them for just under 20 bucks!!

Well, today was my lucky day.. I went to get my everyday jeans hemmed at a local tailor. While I was waiting I took a walk to the "Fretex" shop nearby. Its a used store, were they sell everything from clothes to chairs and such. I was of course checking out the jeans, and after a little digging I found a pair of brand new Naked And Famous Elephant 2 jeans in my size with the tag still on it!! I bought them for just under 20 bucks!!

I would kill for a new pair of E2'S 

How's the superskinnyguy fits? Looking at the Okayama spirit..

It's basically the skinny guy but with a taper. If you're looking at the Okayama spirit make sure the inseam will fit you, they ran a bit short and being unsanforized it will shrink 1-1.5" in the inseam

N&F Elephant 4 seems really interesting, does anyone know when its gonna release?

22oz and indigo warp + weft is really tempting

It's part of their fall/winter 14' collection, at the earliest it will release in August-September. Edited by KW-BOW

It's basically the skinny guy but with a taper. If you're looking at the Okayama spirit make sure the inseam will fit you, they ran a bit short and being unsanforized it will shrink 1-1.5" in the inseam

Thanks for the info! Just pulled the trigger on it. 

I really love the blue owl Okayama collab:

db_file_img_4594_600xauto.jpg

db_file_img_4598_600xauto.jpg

The weft reminds me a lot of Samurai's 19 oz denim, maybe even Geisha denim (16 oz ?!)

Super interesting denim. And I am curious about the N&F 10 oz Shirts...might try them out. Does anybody know a european retailer that stocks them?

Edited by Max Power

@Max Power

Glad you like it! It's my favorite N&F denim to date. It's not really a collab though. The original release had inseams which we felt were just too short. We have a great relationship with N&F so they agreed to use the remaining fabric to make special pairs with longer inseams for us. It's similar to samms and ONI because it was made on oni's loom. We ship worldwide don't be scared ;) I swear we don't bite