Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Hey everyone new to the forum well atleast posting.. Been a long time lurker I guess. Been into raw denim for about 3-3.5 yrs when i first purchased my broken twill skinny guys. Started wearing them everday around this time last year with (3-4 cold washes) up until 5 months ago so i could start on my lht's.. Exuse the poor quality of pics and filters. And feedback would be awesome. Thanks!!

I'm sure these look dope, but damn bro. Those pics are pretty poor quality. Maybe you can get someone to take better pics for you? I would love to see them in more detail.

I'm sure these look dope, but damn bro. Those pics are pretty poor quality. Maybe you can get someone to take better pics for you? I would love to see them in more detail.

Holy crap i didn't realize how bad the pics were i posted them on my iPad and now seeing them on my macbook...Shit.. 

Edited by J(m)K

The biggest difference is the front rise. WG are much lower than the SG. Even though the WG are a tapered fit vs SG being a slim straight the measurements aren't that far apart. You have to compare a 31 SG to a 30WG for example though as the tag sizes differ. 

is there major difference from the skinny guys and weird guys?

WG is a unique taper. It is a straight leg from the top block until the knee, where it tapers to a tight leg opening. SG is a slim straight but actually has a very moderate taper. Biggest difference is thigh area and leg opening

Okayamas came in today.

They fit decently from the knee downwards but a bit tight in the waist and thigh area.
It wasn't ultra hard to button them up but took me some effort. They can also be somewhat roomier in the waist and thigh area. Not much but still a little bit.

I'm not sure how I should soak them concerning the temperature. Do you think they will stretch out to a little bit more than pre-soak measurements when I soak them warm or should I cold soak? (Which I actually don't want to, because I wanna wash them with warm water after a while..)
They sure need to be a bit looser than right now..

Sorry for the blurred pictures.

500x1000px-LL-5769cfaf_okayamas1mps0c.jp

500x1000px-LL-7ad03683_okayamas2pysq3.jp

Edited by fromthisplaceinhell

Okayamas came in today.

They fit decently from the knee downwards but a bit tight in the waist and thigh area.

It wasn't ultra hard to button them up but took me some effort. They can also be somewhat roomier in the waist and thigh area. Not much but still a little bit.

I'm not sure how I should soak them concerning the temperature. Do you think they will stretch out to a little bit more than pre-soak measurements when I soak them warm or should I cold soak? (Which I actually don't want to, because I wanna wash them with warm water after a while..)

They sure need to be a bit looser than right now..

Sorry for the blurred pictures.

500x1000px-LL-5769cfaf_okayamas1mps0c.jp

500x1000px-LL-7ad03683_okayamas2pysq3.jp

Did you go true to size on these?

No I didn't go true to size.

I am also wearing a pair of Japan Heritage in the Weird Guy Cut and size 29. These got too big for me so I ordered the Okayamas in size 30.

I think I'll wear them a week straight and then decide how to soak depending on the amount of stretch.

Actually I'm quite confident this will work, because it's a loose weave.

Edited by fromthisplaceinhell

No I didn't go true to size.

I am also wearing a pair of Japan Heritage in the Weird Guy Cut and size 29. These got too big for me so I ordered the Okayamas in size 30.

I think I'll wear them a week straight and then decide how to soak depending on the amount of stretch.

Actually I'm quite confident this will work, because it's a loose weave.

The people that have responded to you are trying to help you avoid a costly mistake, there's a good chance that no matter how much they stretch now that they'll be too small post-soak

The Okayama Spirits will not shrink that much, because the fabric has been hot pressed. This is essentially a mild form of sanforization.

While it may shrink a bit though, I guess the fabric will stretch a fair bit, given the loose weave fabric.

Though... If the fit is too tight for your liking, you should size up. On the other side. If you are afraid they will shrink too much, you could always opt for only cold washing them and avoiding tumble driers.

Pre Soak // Post Soak measurements of some Skinny Guy Okayamas in size 30. I soaked them hand-hot for 30 minutes.

Waist (from left to right): 14,5" // 13,5"

RIse: 9" // 8,5"

Thigh: 10" // 9,6"

Leg Opening: 6,5" // 6,3"

Inseam: 32,5" // 31,5"

Never thought of having some worries about a short inseam with my height being 5'8'' / 69,7"

soaklisec.jpg

selvagesrshy.jpg

153wg1g.jpg

My Elephant 2s. Worn since Feb 2012. I've gained a lot of weight since Basic Training and Tech School so sadly they don't fit right in the seat anymore...

I've been looking for a jean with a lot of character, and when I saw that the Okayama Spirits in a normal inseam for 200, I jumped on them.  The denim itself is absolutely unbelievable, it's so slubby and irregular, I'm gonna love wearing these. (FYI these are available in a longer inseam on BOW in the WG fit)

Pre-Soak measurements (taken BiG style) for a tag size 34 Weird Guy: Waist: 17 in across, Front Rise: 10 in, Back rise: 13 in, Upper Thigh: 12 in, Leg Opening: 7.5 in across, .  They were soaked in warm water for an hour and shrank about a half inch in the waist and thigh and inseam, but I was wearing them in the tub for 30 minutes and then let them soak for another 30 which probably affected the shrinkage.  I sized down 1 since they don't make jeans in size 35, and honestly had very little trouble buttoning them up even post soak.

Now for the goods.  I did my best to capture the denim with my crappy point-and-shoot, I hope you get an idea of how much these rock.

003.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Edited by SamLJack

got my NF loopwheeled cardigan in the mail today. shrank to a perfect fit after a trip through the washer and dryer. sweater is super soft and really warm. the fabric has a really nice texture to it as well.  amazing value at only $65 CAD (after taxes and shipping) from tate and yoko.