Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

DaintyHater: Those are sick. How many washes? About when did the crotch blowout start up?

I cold-soaked them once with a bit of Woolite Dark a few days before the contest ended, and on 4/20 this year I took a cold shower in 'em because someone puked all over me, gave them their first proper wash the day after. No initial soak, hence the blowout I think. It was worth it, though; I'm all 'bout that contrast.

Wow you wore these to death. Very nice

Thank you! I have weird issues with getting things patched or darned, no clue why.

Does anyone have any evo pictures of the Naked And Famous "Dirty Fade" selvedge yet? I own a pair that I have had going on about 11 months now. Can't find anyone who has uploaded pics of these yet. anybody?   :blink2:

Does anyone have any evo pictures of the Naked And Famous "Dirty Fade" selvedge yet? I own a pair that I have had going on about 11 months now. Can't find anyone who has uploaded pics of these yet. anybody?   :blink2:

From the t+y thread:

Howdy!

A few of you have been asking for Dirty Fade pics so here you go.

This is Evans Weird Guy Dirty Fade at 5 months and 1 wash. 

nW3fNqZl.jpg?1

57NR1kUl.jpg?1

bSm4Q6Al.jpg?1

2x55owll.jpg?1

JC7lFUNl.jpg?1

Got my Dirty Fades back from the tailor a month or so ago and have been wearing them more regularly.

Got home today and decided to wash them.  It's been around 9 months but maybe 6 months of actual wear.

SinuWoK.jpg

bqNo3A7.jpg

they're still a little damp.

These are pictures of m Naked and Famous Dirty Fades. These are roughly around 9 to 10 months. I was wearing them everyday until up to 6 months where I bought A.P.C. New Cures. But these are the pictures. And notice how the dirty fades have the selvedge line on the right pocket also. I havent seen the selvedge line on some of the dirty fades posted previously which is why I didn't believe they were dirty fades 

Q4GUwYS.jpgQNGmh1O.jpg

GiGytJi.jpgFM1YHXV.jpg

The selvedge line on the dirty fade pocket I was talking about

As8vjTH.jpg

proof

JuBxLou.jpg

The selvedge on the pocket is on all skinny guy jeans regardless of the model whereas weird guy doesn't have the visible selvedge on the coin pocket 

NIce. Never realized that!

LOL the dirty fades seem like a real fail then seeing how they didnt fade brown/beige cast and look like regular indigo

Yeah I agree with you lol. I was so hyped when they first came out because I thought it was a pretty unique idea for those people who like the dirty look, but these are not impressing me to say the least. I'll probably wash them due to boredom..

LOL the dirty fades seem like a real fail then seeing how they didnt fade brown/beige cast and look like regular indigo

There are definitely some areas where the fading is more beige/brown but they're kind of random and often in areas that get a whole lot of wear.  I've noticed brown fading along the edges of the belt looks, on the pockets, across the seat, and on the hem.  Other areas such as crotch and thighs still fade a little bluer and the honeycombs are almost all blue.  Probably because unless you take all the indigo away brown won't show through.

Can't complain though.  Got them on sale and the blue + brown fading is kinda nice.

Got my Dirty Fades back from the tailor a month or so ago and have been wearing them more regularly.

Got home today and decided to wash them.  It's been around 9 months but maybe 6 months of actual wear.

SinuWoK.jpg

they're still a little damp.

these are nice. do you have fit pics?

• 2 weeks later...

anybody have an experience with the super skinny cut ? will be curious to see some pics of them

I actually just got a pair of them last week. I've been meaning to post fit pics for those curious. To me, they fit like weird guys but with a much more aggressive taper below the knee. Personally, I really like the fit.

I actually just got a pair of them last week. I've been meaning to post fit pics for those curious. To me, they fit like weird guys but with a much more aggressive taper below the knee. Personally, I really like the fit.

I may buy one pretty soon, I'll be happy to check your pics ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lord, I ocean soaked my elephant 2's then soaked in detergent water to get rid of the smell. The thigh are has shrunk so so much. Any tips to stretch them? Thanks in advance