Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

anybody here who owns a pair of Deep Indigos and Japan Heritage and thinks, just like me, that the JH fade a lot easier/faster than the DI?

The JH already show some slight fades after like 30 days of slight wear. In comparison the Deep Indigos needed like 2-3 months to look like this..

It all depends on how hard you wear your jeans

8395000423_e1591014f0_c.jpg

NF needs to make a really high quality flagship pair of dark indigo jeans for us denim nerds. Price isn't really the concern but they need to nail quality and consistency. Maybe 15-17 oz unsanforized fabric milled and crafted in Japan available in all three fits? I love NF as a company and would love to buy another pair of jeans from them... but they have nothing high-end apart from collaborations. :(

AMEN to that! I have had nothing but love for my Big John collabs and nothing but problems with my elephant 2's. My elephants have very little wear since i got them mid winter last year. Way to warm to wear during summer here. I'd say over all 3 - 4 months tops and I have had them sent back to re sew the fly, taylored to resew button holes, butt/crothc reienforcement and patch cause the inner seam was already wearing right through, and now my patch is ripped off from getting caught as i sat in a chair. They are just starting to look nice, but I'm afriad to wear them hard at all. defeats the purpose. overall i am SO VERY DISSAPOINTED with N&F recently, and will most likely not be buying another pair of their jeans any time soon. Just my two cents I know, and if I dont like it I can leave, but I felt obligated to share since we all give each other tips and help.

I scrolled through a few pages and haven't found anybody with those new blue weft denim, curious how those look on someone.

Just bought my first raw denim yesterday. It's Naked and Famous Weird Guy Indigo. One rivet on the left pocket fell off when I took the jeans out of the shopping bag.

Is this poor quality control or I am just having bad luck? I am taking it back to the store, but is it worth it to exchange? I have many jeans in my life such as True Religion, Rock Republic, Levi's, Seven and this is first time I see the rivet coming out.

Just bought my first raw denim yesterday. It's Naked and Famous Weird Guy Indigo. One rivet on the left pocket fell off when I took the jeans out of the shopping bag.

Is this poor quality control or I am just having bad luck? I am taking it back to the store, but is it worth it to exchange? I have many jeans in my life such as True Religion, Rock Republic, Levi's, Seven and this is first time I see the rivet coming out.

a little of both! Personally I have never had a problem with N&F but there has been several people here questioning the quality control. Send email back and try again. Don't let it put you off buying raw again

E3 shouldnt be out for a while. Wonder what the weight us going to be? I'm assuming it's going to be the same dark indigo and wonder if it's going to come in the super skinny guy. Or maybe I'll just get the right size in skinny guy. At least with my E2's I can figure out how much the denim stretches.

^ wondering also..

^Yeah I plan on entering with a pair of Big Slubs

thats one of my choice also.. you got yours?

how is it?

i think they said e3 will be fall 13 or summer 13 (which would be dumb because its hot as hell)

would make sense for it to be ~25oz. any less and it wouldnt really be new, seeing how theyve had a 24oz indigo and 26oz super blacks. theres room for 23oz but thats such a subtle difference that its not really anything new. unless they want to jump to 27oz but that seems very hard to wear....

i think they said e3 will be fall 13 or summer 13 (which would be dumb because its hot as hell)

would make sense for it to be ~25oz. any less and it wouldnt really be new, seeing how theyve had a 24oz indigo and 26oz super blacks. theres room for 23oz but thats such a subtle difference that its not really anything new. unless they want to jump to 27oz but that seems very hard to wear....

22 oz is fine for me. I just hope NF makes the fabric a bit softer and more pliable when new; keep hearing the Ele2's are terrible during the break in period. Contrast stitching in yellow or orange would be a welcome change as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by rosarkar

22 oz is fine for me. I just hope NF makes the fabric a bit softer and more pliable when new; keep hearing the Ele2's are terrible during the break in period. Contrast stitching in yellow or orange would be a welcome change as well. :rolleyes:

I definitely agree with the contrast stitching

thats one of my choice also.. you got yours?

how is it?

No, I have not gotten mine yet. Still debating between the Big Slub and the Tate + Yoko 20oz Kamikaze Attack Ltd. May end up with the KA since I have no slim straights in my closet. The only reason I would not get the Big Slubs is due to the lack of copper rivets and hidden rivets, prefer the rise of the WG too, but a 9.25 is still comfortable on me.

Over all I prefer the detail on the KA and if I need to tapper them .2 or whatever that's fine by me.

Edited by Rightyow77

lol id disagree with everything.... since ive already had a taste of the 22oz, i wouldnt mind more. also the toughness of the break in period is part of the jeans life, you have to be able to tame it before youre worthy of wearing them to death. those who give up, break seams, pop buttons, have all failed to tame them.

if anything itd be nice if they were more airable so i can wear them in the summer. havent worn contrast stitching in a long time so im not sure if id like it

Well this sentence is pretty trivial cause I didn't change my habits when it comes to wearing the denim.

And yeah, "my whiskers" look pretty much the same after their first wash.

All I said was that the Deep Indigos are a bitch to fade compared to other denim.

cheers.

Heard about deep indigo is very difficult to fade as well. However, n&f advise in their website that deep indigo is best to fade. Any thoughts?

Well this sentence is pretty trivial cause I didn't change my habits when it comes to wearing the denim.

All I said was that the Deep Indigos are a bitch to fade compared to other denim.

cheers.

cheers.

this is also a reply to the others with deep indigos that aren't experiencing optimal fades:

The deep indigos are heavily dyed and heavily starched. After the heavy dye and starch is gone, the jeans fade quite fast. I experienced optimal fading after the sixth month.

Don't be afraid to let your jeans touch water. After the first soak I found my jeans developed very nice high contrast fades. Do what Bahzad from N&F told me. Wear your jeans hard for a few months until you develop a foundation, then soak them to get rid of the extra starch.

Quick tip: grinding girls at the club can get you nice crotch fades

Edited by Chunky