Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

The 24 oz has a much nicer color/tint when faded than the Elephants. This may just have to do with who was wearing the pair though. inosky's elephants from 3 pages back are just wack. boriori's Flat Head fades are ON POINT. Glad I'll finally be able to own a pair.

Edited by rosarkar

I agree with you about the recent FH's, but I don't think you could possibly be more wrong about these.

those elephants don't look "vintage" whatsoever. isn't the whole point of raw denim to get a vintage looking end-product? it just seems like the owner rubbed his hands on his thighs non-stop for 8 or 9 months. if the creases disappeared after a wash, i could swear they were pre-washed mall brand.

fades are subjective and if you dig the unrealistic contrast, that's great... don't say I'm wrong. i'd prefer not to start an argument over something so petty.

seeldog47 - I have a pair of the ONI's and the texture is god damn amazing. After the initial soak the waist was like 2 inches too small. I could only button the bottom button and my derriere barely fit inside. I dipped the waistband in a sink full of cold water then pulled as hard as I could until they stretched out. I should have sized up 1 to avoid the trouble but they fit perfect now.

Edited by rosarkar

those elephants don't look "vintage" whatsoever. isn't the whole point of raw denim to get a vintage looking end-product? it just seems like the owner rubbed his hands on his thighs non-stop for 8 or 9 months. if the creases disappeared after a wash, i could swear they were pre-washed mall brand.

fades are subjective and if you dig the unrealistic contrast, that's great... don't say I'm wrong. i'd prefer not to start an argument over something so petty.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and fading is a very subjective thing. This we can agree on. I think that some of the creases along the thigh of those jeans are ridiculously sharp and were probably enhanced by the wearer's rubbing on them, etc. That said, I think that otherwise those are a very pretty pair of jeans.

dhalgren, that's a nice fit on your friend. I gotta say though, I don't much care for the denim they use for some of their girls jeans.

Picked up a pair of NF x Oni last week. The denim is great, except for the fact I haven't soaked them yet and the inseam is perfect. Looks like these will go unwashed forever. Anyone know how much these are supposed to stretch out?

I feel like youre cheating on your grand indigos.....lol other people won't understand where I'm coming from.

Feel the same way for its a shame, really. They were just starting to become comfortable, denim now feels like silk, and some fading was just starting to happen. But I've been wanting a pair of Onis for the longest time, and this deal was just too good to pass up. So pleased with them. The denim is incredible. Antithesis of Momos really.

I need to wear the Onis for 2 months straight, in order to catch up with the Momos, and then I'll alternate them on and off every week.

Edited by seeldog47

first of all i wanna say that i never rubbed my hands on my thighs. this fading has made by direct sunlight when im riding motorcycle. you can se by sweat that make my jeans fading and dirty on thighs. i dont get any creases along my thigh its because this jeans is tight on my tigh. maybe this photo can explain

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

^ Really sick jeans. They look much better broken in then I thought they would, I love the N&F leather patch stitching. PLEASE keep us updated if possible, I don't think there are any progress photos for those thick bitches.

BTW get those boots of your counter, that's how you get foot in mouth disease.