Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

putting crystals on jeans or making them glow in the darks are both gimmicks. i wasn't giving my opinion on their jeans. I was just stating that there seemed to be a shift. i like their company and product. i own quite a bit of their denim. I'm also glad that they are trying things that are fun or new. it doesn't mean its not a gimmick. $420 for stainless steel weird guys is still way above the price point they made fun of. honestly it doesn't really effect me. i buy what i want and can afford. it was just an observation. A boutique clothing store employee actually brought it up the other day when i was in their shop . I had completely forgotten about N & F talking about $300 jeans.

You really need to learn to read.

As previously mentioned, they made fun of people paying 300$ for jeans because celebrities wear them. When did they say they would never charge over 300$ for denim? How much money does N&F spend on their advertising as opposed to every other company in the world? Clear difference is that you're paying for the denim quality (and sometimes features), not the denim's name or popularity amongst ''the stars''.

Most of N&F's denim is well below 300 dollars. I don't believe they changed their philosophy all that much, but now they have Unbranded. Unbranded really achieves Brandon's initial goal of ''lowest price for best quality denim possible'' so I think N&F can go ahead and push (or step over) all the boundaries they want.

BTW, perfect fit on those LHTs rolling. I would either cuff them again once or twice or uncuff them and stack like crazy.

Edited by Poonjo

Just got a pair of elephant 2 skinny guys, sized down one like the size chart on blueowl indicated but I’m worried about whether or not they’ll stretch enough. I can barely get the last button done but none of the others. I’m considering soaking them to get them to soften up a bit but I’m thinking it might just be better to send them back and get them TTS. What do you guys think?

I sized down 1 on my SG elephant 2 also and at first they were incredibly tight at the waist and virtually impossible to button after a couple wears I can feel them starting to give so there is hope! The button holes are very hard to get thru, as mentioned several times in this thread, this makes the first few wears even harder.

Anyone know of accurate sizing of Tweed-fill weird guys? Can get a great deal on some 28's but want to know how the measurements will compare to my 29 ele2's. Blue owl doesn't have them on their site anymore so I can't find accurate measurements... (P.S. tate+yoko's weird guy chart is generic and is posted for all their weird guys)

tumblr_m0v98rrYd01rpn3kao2_500.jpg

this is pretty much true colour for me

Anyone know of accurate sizing of Tweed-fill weird guys? Can get a great deal on some 28's but want to know how the measurements will compare to my 29 ele2's. Blue owl doesn't have them on their site anymore so I can't find accurate measurements... (P.S. tate+yoko's weird guy chart is generic and is posted for all their weird guys)

msg tate and yoko and ask them to measure you a pair

Edited by TooAwesome

email jay at blueowl . . . most helpful dude out there

We carry too many styles (pretty much the entire N&F collection old and new) for me to be able to spend the time measuring everything hence the general sizing charts, but you can always e-mail me if you need measurements on a specific style/size. I answer fairly quickly :)

Given that my Slim Guy LHTs have stretched a lot in the approx 2 months of real wear I've given them and they had green paint on the legs, I decided to do a machine wash.

The results:

02a3082a.jpg

33e48df6.jpg

b59ef502.jpg

7459e919.jpg

c8f6f398.jpg

thats probably the only reason why im hesitant on buying unsanfornized denim, is there any way to avoid leg twists?

Not really, the twill is basically what makes this happen. Certain brand have different amounts of twist some veer more to right like levis and other to the left. I personally think it give the denim character, but that's just me.

Edited by Rightyow77

yep, broken twill is the only way to really avoid this. it prevents twisting because instead of going either right or left, the twill alternates directions so any pull in one direction is compensated for in the alternate direction. it's most noticeable on the weft.

Here's a better explanation

Can't think of any companies than sell unsanforized broken twill right off, though I imagine they exist.

Edited by happinessknox

maybe n&f should make a jean where the left leg is right hand twill and the right leg is left hand twill (or the other way around). i know there was just all that talk about gimmicky jeans, but i think it'd make for an interesting pair