Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

NYC folks, I need your advice. By the time I found the Tweed Fills on sale they did not have my size left in the WG, so I got the slim guy. Ok with the top fit, but not loving the 17.5" leg opening at the cuff. I would like to narrow this to 16". My local tailor is reasonable, but not great with jeans. Is there anyone in NY you would trust to do this alteration and is not very expensive.

I used to drop my jeans off at Denim Repair for holes but recently when I needed a taper I asked them which seam they take it off from just as a pre-test before sending it to them. They failed -- their response was "either seam, doesn't matter". I'm sure you're not going to like this answer but I've switched to Schaeffer's in LA. They are meticulous with the jeans (they answered "OF COURSE we cut from the inside seam, are you nuts") and they do a great job. Yes, despite all the options available here in the city, I send my jeans to LA.

I tried on a pair of WG cuts today and had to size up in order to fit my thighs in them (on the large/muscular side), but then, the waistband was a little loose, just the band, not the seat. Does this mean that N&Fs are off my radar?

there are other muscular people who wear N&F like,

NFBigJohnDay1.jpg

he just gets the waist tailored in to fit him. he has to go TTS or upsize but his waist is only 30 and these are 30 (so +2). the picture looks very painted on because it was a fit pic of him deciding if he should keep it to stretch the thighs

Edited by TooAwesome

@dhalgren thank you, ill work on it more.

@tate+yoko ,is that Mr Brandon Svarc's pair? sure hell as dope. thats the fade that i can look up to. ill aim for that kind of fade in a year time.

Edited by apsidewatch

anyone know if they're planning on re-releasing duck chinos?

furthermore, does anyone know if they're ever planning on doing a pair of chinos with the back pockets done internally instead of external pockets? i can't get away with wearing those outside-pockets at work - needs to be a little more dressed up.

@tate+yoko ,is that Mr Brandon Svarc's pair? sure hell as dope. thats the fade that i can look up to. ill aim for that kind of fade in a year time.

Yep! they look even better irl.

anyone know if they're planning on re-releasing duck chinos?

The duck will be available next season in the SkinnyGuy, WeirdGuy and RegularGuy.

there are other muscular people who wear N&F like,

NFBigJohnDay1.jpg

he just gets the waist tailored in to fit him. he has to go TTS or upsize but his waist is only 30 and these are 30 (so +2). the picture looks very painted on because it was a fit pic of him deciding if he should keep it to stretch the thighs

Not sure if serious?!

That looks... pretty bad.

Not sure if serious?! That looks... pretty bad.

i agree but is aside from the distracting inclusion of his muscular torso, does it really look that different from the way countless other people wear that fit? I see guys looking like that wearing jeans with that fit on every street block it seems.