Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

they're certainly shorter, I sized up one from my normal size to a 30 and the inseam after a hot soak I think is somewhere around 32 now (got the specifics written down at home). they're great jeans and extremely well made but I couldn't recommend them to anyone very tall.

Length is not an issue for me, but the rise and waist are both feel shorter/smaller than usual. I wear a 29 in the E2s and they are fine

Anyone know a method of stretching out the front pockets? Its a little embarrassing when it takes me a good 10 tries to get my phone in my pocket sitting down on the train haha.

I tried this on an old pair of weird guys as an experiment after I realized everyday wear would not help stretch the front pockets ever.

Went as far as shoving large solid objects in the front pockets and walking around with them on.

Painful? Yeah. Stupid? Yeah. Helpful? Not really. The front pockets wont budge.

Anyone know a method of stretching out the front pockets? Its a little embarrassing when it takes me a good 10 tries to get my phone in my pocket sitting down on the train haha.

i know that feeling all too well. and the material for the pockets dont stretch so the embarassing squirming is inevitable.

this works for me while standing..I guess like suck in your pelvis while some what pushing your butt out ( kind of hard to explain) kinda leaves some slack for me to get my hands in my pockets. But my pants aren't that tight.

So where's some japan heritage pics?? wondering if I should pick up a pair.

Todays fit while at work.

WG deep indigo 29 (tts) not detailed enough to see the denim but 2 soaks 1 dry clean. Maybe I can get some decent day light pics w/ my phone sometime soon

2012-01-17173206.jpg

2012-01-17173241.jpg

well my NF x Onis arrived just after Christmas, here's some pictures of them before and during the soak. sufu is screwing with me at the moment so I can't add images as is so here are the links instead.

http://imageshack.us/f/685/dscn3354s.jpg/ (right out of the box, damn that slub is cool)

http://imageshack.us/f/46/dscn3355x.jpg/ (Oni x NF, note the chain-stitched waist band (and hem, not pictured))

http://imageshack.us/f/585/dscn3368a.jpg/ (cool irregular weft from low-tension weave and varied size yarn as well as hidden back pocket rivets)

http://imageshack.us/f/198/dscn3369b.jpg/ (narrow pink selvedge line)

http://imageshack.us/f/269/dscn3371k.jpg/ (soaking inside-out in hot water, *note to self, clean soap scum off bath tub, gross*)

http://imageshack.us/f/84/dscn3372e.jpg/ (hanging to dry)

I've been wearing them for a few weeks now and they've stretched out nicely. I sometimes throw on my 2 some year old pair of deep indigos and realize how stiff these still are by comparison but they're breaking in nicely, and I certainly expect some very nice, very unique fading. I really just can't say enough about the fabric, I've never dealt with Onis or PBJs or the brands made famous for producing very slubby denim so it was really surprising when they arrived. As one of my friends said, they felt almost sandpaper like initially but they're getting more comfortable with each wear. I'll try to get some fit pics up here soon.

I found that keeping your hands in your pockets as long as you can stand it helps. As soon as you have a little bit of room, sleep with your hands in your pocket. A few nights of that and my pockets feel quite a bit better and less awkward. (That's working with elephant 2's)

I've had this issue before and seemed to go away when i was biking around for a bit with stuff in my pockets. nothing intention. just the regular shit i carry around normally . phone, cigarettes, lighter, cash, money.

Does anyone have experience with the NF x Momotaro 2 jean?

They run 3 sizes smaller than tagged according to blue owl? is that right?

Any comments on the stretch on them too? do they give alot or just a lil bit? I am buying them one size smaller than normal for me , hoping they stretch more.... (sales selection is limited)

spaceman- they run 3 sizes BIGGER than tag not smaller. What sale you talking about?

32oz would be nuts!! I thought the 22oz would be kinda warm in the winter but the denim actually gets pretty cold on the inside. I mean it seems to block the wind well but like the denim seems like it gets colder than my others. Maybe b/c it's new?

Edited by LckyChrmsBBoy

Does anybody have any pics of nep denim worn and faded?

Mine are getting pretty thin already and they havent faded much after 6months of solid wear

I guess mine are also pretty thin. I just recently got the crotch patched.

I have worn them on and off through the summer and switched between my big johns as well so I'd say about 5 months of wear i guess ive had them for about 8 months almost.

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg