Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I wouldn't mind getting some elephant 2s for a beater jean but the one place that has measurements, blue owl, make the jean seem to tapered. I honestly do not trust their measurements at all (have a pair of unbranded and the measurements are so far off it's ridiculous).

Our measurements are accurate to the stock we carry. We measure every denim, every shipment. If there is ever any questions on measurements, call or e-mail prior to ordering and we would be glad to double check measurements on current stock.

Jay, thank you for the response. I will retract my statement, it was a rash statement made in frustration that the newer weird guys are even more tapered (or bigger up top if you wish) than the old ones. I have a pair of grey weird guys from 3 years ago that are 11.8 thigh/8.5 knee/7.5 hem that fit well. The current ones seem to be 12 thigh/8.2 knee for most models.

Our measurements are accurate to the stock we carry. We measure every denim, every shipment. If there is ever any questions on measurements, call or e-mail prior to ordering and we would be glad to double check measurements on current stock.

Jay, thank you for the response. I will retract my statement, it was a rash statement made in frustration that the newer weird guys are even more tapered (or bigger up top if you wish) than the old ones. I have a pair of grey weird guys from 3 years ago that are 11.8 thigh/8.5 knee/7.5 hem that fit well. The current ones seem to be 12 thigh/8.2 knee for most models.

N&F denims will vary in sizing. Eachone is handmade in their factory and 1/4" of difference here and there is very common. When we receive shipments from N&F, we typically receive 3-4 pairs per size. If there is a particular style you want, you can always give me a call once we receive a new shipment of the style you are looking for and we can measure every denim and find one that will work best. We do it pretty regularly and it is never a problem to double check measurements, particularly if you really know your fit and the measurements that you want.

Looking to snag a pair of Naked and Famous and I've seen people saying they see them for $100 new. Anyone know where to cop for so cheap?

Barneys around Holiday time or at the end of summer. Nordstroms had a sale last week too. Might still be able to grab them.

Source at N&F website

Reversible Melton/Canvas Jackets

"One side is made from heavyweight wool/nylon melton, which is produced in Quebec. The other side is a 100% cotton tough canvas from Japan. The jacket is fully reversible with snap bucket pockets and welt pockets on both sides for extra storage. Heavy duty snap closures are featured on all pockets and front closure.

The fit is a slim straight fit with plenty of room for your hoodie inside. The styling reminds me of old school Canadian hunting coats that my father sells to crazy hunting and workwear shops in Quebec. Those jackets were also reversible but had a bright “construction orange†canvas so that the hunter can be easily identified and hopefully not shot by his collegues.

Like all our products, these jackets are proudly MADE IN CANADA!"

All in 3 different colours.

Black Melton + Grey Canvas

NF_010779_blackgrey-500x278.jpg

Grey Melton + Red Canvas (My favourite)

NF_010889_greyred-500x278.jpg

NF_010889_detail-500x333.jpg

Blue Melton + Brown Canvas

NF_010999_bluebrown-500x278.jpg

hey all, thinking of getting some weirdguy ducks.

already own skinny guy selvedge in 33W that fit sexy - I know weird guys are bigger in the thighs but I can't find any hard and fast measurements for them. would I be pretty safe going with a 33W in the weird guys?

Check out blueowl:

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7988001

Their measurements are usually bang on, and Jay is great to deal with.

hey all, thinking of getting some weirdguy ducks.

already own skinny guy selvedge in 33W that fit sexy - I know weird guys are bigger in the thighs but I can't find any hard and fast measurements for them. would I be pretty safe going with a 33W in the weird guys?

Definitely hit up Blue Owl as riff said Jay is definitely a spot on measurer. And if you have questions you can always call him to measure a specific pair for you.

Check out measurements Here

But in regards to basic sizing advice, I would just size down one if you are TTS in Skinny Guys. From what I see though you might want to size down two, as it seems they are a little bigger than most normal WG measurements.

my japanese heritage denim are becoming really lose on me. I never soaked it when i first got them. was i suppose to and if not, do you think a hot soak will shrink it dramatically?

You don't "have to" soak your jeans when you get them. But if they are getting loose around the waist now, I would suggest doing it. They won't shrink dramatically, but generally about 0.5 to 1 inch around the waist and a couple inches in length.

You don't "have to" soak your jeans when you get them. But if they are getting loose around the waist now, I would suggest doing it. They won't shrink dramatically, but generally about 0.5 to 1 inch around the waist and a couple inches in length.

whew! glad to hear that they do eventually stretch out considerably. Mine cut the circulation in my legs now.

I think the Japan heritage are sanforized so a pre-soak isn't necessary. Also, because of that you won't see much shrinkage if you do pre-soak. If the waist has stretched out then yes, soaking will shrink it back down some but you certainly won't lose a couple inches in the in-seam. I'd probably recommend soaking to get them back to their original fit, and then wearing a belt at all times. Seems to prevent excessive stretching for me.

I'd probably recommend soaking to get them back to their original fit, and then wearing a belt at all times. Seems to prevent excessive stretching for me.

This.

I always wear a belt, even on jeans (pants) that fit perfect just to keep expansion to a minimal. Also if you dont want to lose as much in length, hang dry your jeans from the legs down (upside down) to stretch them a bit longer, not that much, but it will refurbish some length.

I had about given up on my deep indigo weird guys after 6 months of on and off wear...with very little fading.

But school kicked back in and after another couple months of 3-4 day a week wear they are getting pretty beat up. Nice subtle fading starting to set in, although they def don't fade like most denim.

I wonder why they decided to make the pockets on the weird guys different from skinny guys. I have a pair of each, and though I prefer the fit overall of the skinny's, i really dislike the back pockets ( size+design+ placement) on them.

Agree with you on that. Prefer the pockets on the WG yet overall fit of the skinnys

my japanese heritage denim are becoming really lose on me. I never soaked it when i first got them. was i suppose to and if not, do you think a hot soak will shrink it dramatically?

asaik, japanese heritage denim is sanfornized therefore it'll only shrink abou 5% max (hot soak perhaps), correct me if im wrong