Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I don't think it is chain-stitched because I remember reading back when these first came out last year in July they said they needed, "Special machines just to sew the fabric (denim)". Thats also why they have a zipper, because buttoning them would be quite painful, I'd imagine.

Yeah, I just picked up the Elephants, noticed that there was no chainstitch... Bummer. Perhaps to keep the cost down as well?

Anyways, I got them for $140 Shipped, so no real biggie.. Can't wait to break them in, got a couple of months to go with some RRL's. On top of that, I have some Blue Bells that I'm gonna have to put on the back burner for these N&F... Looking forward to seeing the difference between these and some 17oz Sam's I have.

soaked my NFxONI this morning. Wore them in the bathtub with warm water for 20 minutes. Hanging to drip, will wear when damp. Here are some pictures for now.

Chillin in the sun....

SG103512.jpg

SG103513.jpg

rivets!

SG103516.jpg

selvedge tunnel

SG103519.jpg

my little helper. kept squaking whenever I went in the backyard..

SG103526.jpg

Gorgeous close ups Sean. You can really see the hairiness of the denim. Although I don't own these I do own a pair of Oni Blues and I've seen these at Barneys. They essentially use the same denim. Someone before was asking for a comparison between the Japan Heritage denim and these Onis. I find that the slubbiness of the Japan Heritage is more controlled and even (but still clearly slubby and rough in texture) whereas the Oni denim is more wild and hairy. (The slubbinness is uneven).

I saw both Japan heritage and the NFxONI when I was in Montreal. The Japan heritage seemed to have a looser weave, the onis are very tight. Both have a good amount of slub, the onis have more irregular patches that rise above the surfacenof the denim. Overall I was more impressed with the oni collab so I went with that.

I was only in MTL for a few days...back in CA now.....They have both at Rooney if anyone is in MTL and wants to do a comparison.

indeed. maybe you can compare them again with some close-ups of the denim :)