Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

and while we're at it..what about their Big John collaboration? Saw those at the bottom of the stacks barely even on display at Co-op. Big John gets no love here on Sufu...

I checked those out when I got the Momotaro collab. The were displayed right next to them. I liked the fit/feel/color of the Momotaro a little better, both seemed nicer than the standard N&F versions.

Imo jeans are lookin good but it doesn't trash apc at all.

the quality is pretty comparable with apc and its at a more affordable price, they also have huge selection of denim denim opposed to apc.

check out a pair of faded deep indigo's, im sure they might change your mind haha :D

because the regular indigo's arent as "contrasty" as APC's

the quality is pretty comparable with apc and its at a more affordable price, they also have huge selection of denim denim opposed to apc.

check out a pair of faded deep indigo's, im sure they might change your mind haha :D

because the regular indigo's arent as "contrasty" as APC's

yup yup, deep indigo SG all the way. APCs are a great fit and nice to fade, i just cant justify two of those suckers a year. i have food to buy. All im saying is "im built ford tough" and prefer japanese cars for a reason, they last longer and they're usually cheaper (except those jp exclusives, like the skyline) lol.

I'm still confused. So apcs are a similar quality to n&f but they cost aloy more??

for the most part yes. And n&f have a very good selection of denim. Apc's are pretty boring(and over priced) to me so ive never bought. Dont let me put you off of apc's though, they seem to fade well. I just think n&f is more bang for your buck.

for the most part yes. And n&f have a very good selection of denim. Apc's are pretty boring(and over priced) to me so ive never bought. Dont let me put you off of apc's though, they seem to fade well. I just think n&f is more bang for your buck.

My thoughts EXACTLY, i'm also guilty of never investing in a pair of APCs. I'm currently working on MOMOTAROxN&F SG. No joke, i have trouble taking them off before bed. (meaning i love the way they feel on my legs :D:D:p;) )

My thoughts EXACTLY, i'm also guilty of never investing in a pair of APCs. I'm currently working on MOMOTAROxN&F SG. No joke, i have trouble taking them off before bed. (meaning i love the way they feel on my legs :D:D:p;) )

Haha that's awesome lol yea Ive had a couple random companies jeans a pair of gap skinny selvage that I lovedand wore they are pretty beat up, a few pairs of the hundreds jeans none of which have much wear got on sale a d it was before I got into naked and famous, and a pair of Benny gold selvage also got on sale but they stretched slot in the waist so I didn't really like the for too much. These n&f loveless that I've wore straight since about christmas are great. I don't think I'd really get into apcs either I like the price range of n&f and I think their denim ideas are amazing. The next I wana get is the big John collab i think and possibly the glow in the dark to mess around with.

that's pretty harsh...yet somewhat accurate. APCs are a bit "boring" but for many of us, that kind of "simple" denim is what we're looking for. N&F is indeed more bang for the buck if you're looking for something a little bit different but don't want to get into that whole complicated territory of: "New Sammies/PBJs/IHs!! 22nd Anniversary 39oz denim with alternating RHT, with LHT threads and special human blood dye etc.."

so after more than a year of wear.. my fat ass finally popped the top button of my naked and famous wg's

i have the front of the button but not the back.. where can i get it fixed in Toronto?

p4260033.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

email brandon, he'll help you out. i believe those particular buttons were very problematic for the company, they EXed them out completely. that happened to me once and he fixed them.

that's pretty harsh...yet somewhat accurate. APCs are a bit "boring" but for many of us, that kind of "simple" denim is what we're looking for. N&F is indeed more bang for the buck if you're looking for something a little bit different but don't want to get into that whole complicated territory of: "New Sammies/PBJs/IHs!! 22nd Anniversary 39oz denim with alternating RHT, with LHT threads and special human blood dye etc.."

actually with that last part you described N&F more closely than you did the other three brands

hmmm i can see how my point was mis-emphasized -- while it's true that N&F has been very gimmicky lately (those damn reverse fade jeans!) they are still a relatively uncomplicated brand. That's why they fit neatly onto one table/display at a department store like Barneys. The other brands have way more variation in models and anniversary editions and even variations within the same model across different lots. With the other brands, an entire thread alone could be devoted to how the denim is different between lot 8 and lot 9 of model XXX or how model XXX has rivet with 3 dots in the American pairs but 2 dots in the Japanese pairs. In terms of hours spent on Sufu, you could waste a lot more time trying to research a pair from one of those brands compared to N&F and APC.

Naked&Famous elephant 19oz

2months 0soak 0wash

Another example that elephants are pretty hard to fade. Not that i really mind, but not recommended to those who seek overnight success with their jeans. I think i yet have to see a pair of elephants with decent fades. And they've been on the market for almost a year. Still, a very nice pair of semi-heavy denim to have