Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Since september...I didn't wear them december or january much cuz I bought some skulls and pbj's. So they have somewhere around 4 months hard wear.

i love how the rivets aren't silver anymore, i like copper rivets much more, so this alone makes me happy with the evo...

Just got back from Barneys where I returned some APC NS 30's in exchange for N&F Slim Guy 30s in Broken Twill Selvage. The cut just seemed more flattering and I like the darker denim.

How much should I expect these to stretch? They are 13 oz. denim.

these r EKANS's from hypebeast, hope he doesnt mind they had to be posted

Naked & Famous (Deep Indigo WeirdGuys)

since: 9/18/09 = 6 months

soaks: 1 @ 6months

wash: 1 @ 6months 1 week

CIMG5347.jpg

CIMG5355.jpg

srry bout the large pics

those "ekan" pics samryz posted dont even look like indigos. am i the only one who thinks these are clearly black WGs (or wahtever other models are offered in black) since they seem to be grey in color?

z, your pair is looking great as always. after debating with my nose i finally gave my pair of WGs a hot soak with a bit of detergent. you were absolutely right about the denim softening up and i think i'm liking it even though i always embraced the 'stifness' of the denim.

however, when i hot soaked... ZERO indigo loss. the water was in no way, shape, or form blue in the least. is this right?? when i hung them up to dry the water dripping off was blue, and when i wore them a bit when damp my hands turned blue, but nothing during the soak. i expected to find a tub of blue water but found instead a nasty yellowish hue.

these are regular indigos, not deep indigos to clarify. is it possible to hot soak these things and not see blue water? i've read that the higher quality denim that's dyed more precisely will not bleed much but N&F is as cheap as it gets (not saying the quality is bad, but clearly not the most labor-intensive dying process)

it looks like they have orange stitching, at least from what i can tell judging by the fly stitching, etc. so that would lead me to believe they are deep indigo. I think its just the white balance / quality of the photo that makes them look grayed out. i agree with you though, they don't look very blue. (looks like they used a flash as well, which will throw the contrast on the wear through the ceiling, NOT saying that isn't a sick pair, it is. but i'd like to see better shots / natural lighting)

the yellow was starch and chemicals leaving the denim. I didn't see any blue during my soak either. I saw a TON of blue when I washed for the first time, so the detergent definitely draws out indigo during a wash. when you get to that point, you'll see some!

my WGs are so soft... its like a whole different pair of jeans!!

hopefully mine will start showing some contrast finally.... theyve been worn long enough. i really expected fades and contrast after the first soak, but nothing really

my WGs are so soft... its like a whole different pair of jeans!!

hopefully mine will start showing some contrast finally.... theyve been worn long enough. i really expected fades and contrast after the first soak, but nothing really

I feel the same with my WG. Had them for almost 10 months and put 5 months of wear into them. Very slow fading.

I have the natural revival indigo skinnies and after 6+ months of pretty hard wear there's only very faint whiskers and a dull back pocket phone outline. I really like the natural indigo colour, but it limits the contrasting. Here's to hoping the warmer weather helps. Anyone else have any luck with these?

Beat those up' date=' I really want to see some pics of red-wefts well worn![/quote']

will do! i wear them like 3-5 times a week right now and I have had them for about a month now. some lines are starting to come in nicely and the back pockets are getting some good wear. Ill post some pics soon

I checked em out the other week... leather is mad thick. much thicker than my tanner belt and I really love the buckle. my guess is that its the same leather they use on the super thick patch on their 24oz'ers and the green contest joints so they'll probably age something like that. price is right too at $56 a pop for the natural at the shop where I saw em.