Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

You sure that's 18 months?

That's barely any aging (outside of the busted crotch) for that long of wear.

You sure that's 18 months?

That's barely any aging (outside of the busted crotch) for that long of wear.

The Indigo take forever to fade compared to Deep Indigo and 21 oz versions.

I also have the same pair with over a year's wear and mine have barely faded.

that sucks considering i have indigos with 3 months on them... no fadez yet

however if i like inside the denim (the inside part) i can see dark indigo bleeding of where fades SHOULD be forming (whiskers, honeycombs, stacking)

well the fact that they are 18 months and haven't even been soaked yet should tell you that they don't smell too badly... clearly not been worn very hard

it also depends on whether it's natural indigo or synthetic.. you won't see very contrasty fades on natural indigo.. i just did an initial soak on my hank dyed natural indigo weird guys today, it barely lost any color, it barely transferred any indigo on my finger when I rub it on purpose.. on the other hand, the LVC's lose indigo like mad.

some pics would be great. i remember seeing some guy have a awesome pair of naked and famous jeans, though i can't remember if they were indigo or deep indigo (not sure whats the difference) all i know is they looked great. the pictures are not up anymore, i check and i guess he took them down. sux, they were the best naked and famous jeans i have seen to date

I remember those ones (don't know where to find the pictures) and I'm 99% sure they were deep indigo. Really the only pair of N&F I've seen worn enough to be noticeable. I wish the weird guy cut had a higher back rise.

also Cody.....if we are thinking about the same pics i am wondering if in fact they were the deep indigos or the regular indigo, the pics are from a while back and im wondering if they were the deep indigos they would not have been out long enough for him to break them in and wash them.....the regular indigos came out first, correct?

i could be mistaken, but N&F is a relatively new company (at least it didnt start getting media coverage or it's own thread on sufu until 2008) so it would seem that only the very first batches of jeans produced by N&F have been around long enough to have really been worn in well and documented.

the overwhelming majority of N&F pairs out there and on this board would have to be under a year old.... not really many pairs to be documented and worn for a decent timeframe. i guess all of us wearing em right now are just pioneers, experimenting to see what will happen /sarcasm

never mind, i found the post with the pictures down, they were mentioned as deep indigo's. damn.....so who has faded indigo's ? anyone ?

mine are starting to fade..slightly...for just 5 months of wear...

Im not sure if I want to give them a wash or not..they're starting to smell...

if you have lasted 5 months i would wait it out until 6, at the same time i want you to wash and post some pics :)

I will bro and i guess you're right ill wait another month i guess

but don't expect much..... these wont turn out like those deep indigo N&F jeans that were posted a while back.... lol

I dont think I put enough wear in these jeans....

well if you dont think you put enough wear into them then i would not wash them. i am wearing mine everyday and also riding a bike to school in them during the week, nothing crazy....about a mile a day.

what would make these jeans not fade as fast as the deep indigo's

Im going to give these jeans a 3rd cold soak.... It definitely needs more breaking in....

I have no idea why the deep indigos fade faster.. maybe the dye?

Man if they smell you gotta wash them. I had my 21oz with between 1-2 months of wear and as soon they started smelling/looking gross I wash them. It's better for the denim, doesn't affect the fading IMO. If you're not seeing much fading after 5 months you're not wearing them hard enough...

Man if they smell you gotta wash them. I had my 21oz with between 1-2 months of wear and as soon they started smelling/looking gross I wash them. It's better for the denim, doesn't affect the fading IMO. If you're not seeing much fading after 5 months you're not wearing them hard enough...

Okay well to be honest, I'm the second owner of these jeans lol....dude who owned them sold them to me for $40...cheap... theres only two small rips on the inner inseam but nothing big.

He wore them for 4 months...minimal wear....just school/walking around city...but now ive been wearing them a lot everyday...to school....running... clubbing.... parties etcetc lol..

So I guess you can say i've only been wearing these jeans for 1 month....but yeah they do smell lol.....

ps. i got them hanging outside to air out

ok.....so i would not wash them or soak them at all......deal with the smell. put them in the freezer and rub them with dryer sheets, you need to let them form to your body. to be honest i would not wash them for another 5 months if i were you.

The freezer trick is great, and I do it for all my dry denim, but not if the jeans already smell horrible, it only works for jeans that are just starting to smell a bit, and even then, the freezer isn't gonna make them smell like roses.

the dryer sheet is ok. put them in the pockets and hangin them outside works, but still, not a 100% sure-fire way to make them smell good.

in the end, Just wash you jeans. They are jeans, not a vintage wine or a cigar that is ruined once it is opened or lit.

also remember, water is not the enemy for dry denim, detergent is. wash on cold, gentle cycle w/o detergent, and you'll be set. fix those crotch rips b4 tho, or else you may have just pieces of denim left after the spin cycle (exaggeration of course)

cheers!