Robert Geller F/W 08.09

mouko

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gravitypope (Edmonton) called today to let me know they got new pieces. They have the Arctic Bomber. If only there was room on my credit card. Alas. :(

They also got the Toggle Parka, Flight Jacket, and Field Jacket. I'm thinking of picking up the Flight Jacket, which is the same jacket, just not in leather and with with different details (and way cheaper).

Gravitypope (Edmonton) called today to let me know they got new pieces. They have the Arctic Bomber. If only there was room on my credit card. Alas. :(

They also got the Toggle Parka, Flight Jacket, and Field Jacket. I'm thinking of picking up the Flight Jacket, which is the same jacket, just not in leather and with with different details (and way cheaper).

price on arctic bomber?

---

handlethevibe, price and location on virdi please

I thought the Arctic Bomber was about $800?

85,000 Yen on GoodsCompany, maybe I have the coats mixed up.

The one on the site is not the moleskin/leather version.

Ignore my PM by the way.

that sounds a bit overpriced, the all leather jackets are only like 1500 and the arctic bomber only has leather details on the shoulder and sleeves

I don't think the coat is overpriced. Generally, gravitypope is in line with other Robert Geller stockists. They have the Marcello frames for $225, Blackbird is $220. Washed s/s Henley is $160 at both retailers. So, it doesn't look like they over-price product. I guess it's just really expensive, which is maybe why not very many stores are stocking it. It really is stunning in the moleskin/leather version. Very soft, and it's got leather strap details around the cuffs and under the collar. Also, someone earlier posted about if it would be warm. It did feel slightly insulated. It wouldn't get you through a winter here in Edmonton, but on either the east or west coasts, I think it would be fine.

I don't think the coat is overpriced. Generally, gravitypope is in line with other Robert Geller stockists. They have the Marcello frames for $225, Blackbird is $220. Washed s/s Henley is $160 at both retailers. So, it doesn't look like they over-price product. I guess it's just really expensive, which is maybe why not very many stores are stocking it. It really is stunning in the moleskin/leather version. Very soft, and it's got leather strap details around the cuffs and under the collar. Also, someone earlier posted about if it would be warm. It did feel slightly insulated. It wouldn't get you through a winter here in Edmonton, but on either the east or west coasts, I think it would be fine.

yeah I didn't know the other parts were suede, it makes sense then. I guess the leather/moleskin one is the poor mans version of the leather/suede one

You guys should keep an eye out for Geller stuff at Woodley & Bunny. Last I knew, they didn't have any coats aside from the rubberized parka but it's worth checking or atleast calling to ask. Another thing about w&b is that they price much much lower than anywhere else i've bought Geller. I bought a sweater there for 250 that was listed on BB for over 350.

You guys should keep an eye out for Geller stuff at Woodley & Bunny. Last I knew, they didn't have any coats aside from the rubberized parka but it's worth checking or atleast calling to ask. Another thing about w&b is that they price much much lower than anywhere else i've bought Geller. I bought a sweater there for 250 that was listed on BB for over 350.

Call me an idiot but isn't Woodley & Bunny a hair salon? My girlfriend was interviewing there o_O

yeah I didn't know the other parts were suede, it makes sense then. I guess the leather/moleskin one is the poor mans version of the leather/suede one

No, the peasant status khaki version without the leather is the poor man's version of the leather/moleskin one.