Robert Geller F/W 08.09

mouko

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to lose any doubt that it was Geller who was the driving force behind Cloak, as Mouko mentioned earlier. This is easily superior to any post-Cloak work from Plohkov and, in my opinion, just as good as, if not better than, post-Geller work at Cloak.

I hope his pricing remains as reasonable as past seasons, and if S/S prices coming in are any guide they seem to be.

agreed.

would anyone mind giving me ballpark pricing ranges? this line is new to me and i have no idea how big a dent it would leave in the old bank account

agreed.

would anyone mind giving me ballpark pricing ranges? this line is new to me and i have no idea how big a dent it would leave in the old bank account. additionally, any info regarding where its available will also be appreciated.

Check his website for more stockists...but here's a few for you;

Jake Chicago

Blackbird Seattle

HTC LA

Scout LA

Odin (Den in March)

Ballpark pricing; Shirts- $150, jeans- $200-250, trousers- $275-350, jackets- $550-1600.

Servo- I think prices will still continue to stay on par with past seasons with a few items being a little bit more than others. But then again, that's expected I guess.

This is one of, if not my favorite show this season. The looks are all impeccable as are the colors and fit; Not to mention the pricing will be 50% less than most other high designer collections.

(P.S. The color palette is hard to see in the photos but they're mostly greys, black, mustard, whites, a deep purple/bordeaux)

Pricing is a tad higher this season but nothing that will turn away customers. It's mainly due to the fact that the line is produced in japan and the US/Yen exchange is weak at the moment.

And you're correct, it's mostly black, gray, bordeaux, with darker greens and mustard yellow being the highlight.

Oh yea, I forgot the olive green. :)

I already made note of the items I want and man....it's a lot. Mouko, I didn't see the hoodie you made in the show though. Was it hiding under one of the jackets?

00120f.jpg

Sweater i designed is layered under this look, you can see the pointed cuffs sticking out. There's a button you can snap to make it a regular squared off cuff. It also has ribbed side panels. I don't believe the hooded zipped version was in the show, but it has a similar cuff and side panels, but also has a ribbed hood, low pockets with thick vintage ribbing.

00120f.jpg

Sweater i designed is layered under this look, you can see the pointed cuffs sticking out. There's a button you can snap to make it a regular squared off cuff. It also has ribbed side panels. I don't believe the hooded zipped version was in the show, but it has a similar cuff and side panels, but also has a ribbed hood, low pockets with thick vintage ribbing.

I always liked that pointed cuff detail - it' in one of my Cloak FW 04 pieces, I think the last season Robert worked on.

The styling really made this all come alive. SO many pieces I adn't considered now are in the mental queue. My wallet is doomed.

I always liked that pointed cuff detail - it' in one of my Cloak FW 04 pieces, I think the last season Robert worked on.

The styling really made this all come alive. SO many pieces I adn't considered now are in the mental queue. My wallet is doomed.

considering the onesies yet? lol

The New York Times editor loved it:

http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/new-york-fashion-week-robert-geller/

February 2nd, 2008 7:37 PM

New York Fashion Week | Robert Geller

By Bruce Pask

The Fashion Telex: In which the editors of T: The New York Times Style Magazine file almost-real-time dispatches from the show of the moment.

Bruce Pask, men’s fashion director, reporting on the men’s line Robert Geller —

Robert Geller’s show last night was pretty great. He held it at the Angel Orensanz Foundation’s space on the Lower East Side where the models stomped through soil and past a totem — reminders of the designer’s fascination with exploration. The bottled beer being served and the thrash metal band playing (while clad in wife beaters) gave the show an unexpected testosterone injection. I thought the oversize maxi cabled cardigans were amazing and perhaps the best I’ve seen in a season filled with chunky knits. They were definitely a highlight of this New York season, along with the art-world packed Patrik Ervell show.”

I'd wait to see what stockists will have it in SF - more and more people are discovering the line and should be carrying it. Buyers have been quite positive about the collection.

His collection last year was one of my absolute favorites and I love the pieces I have from it, but this, this looks even better.

I'm very glad I got in on the ground floor with this guy when he went solo, it doesn't look like he's going to disappoint me.

The New York Times editor loved it:

I'd wait to see what stockists will have it in SF - more and more people are discovering the line and should be carrying it. Buyers have been quite positive about the collection.

Dude wrote all of that and yet managed to only talk about one piece of clothing.