Robert Geller F/W 08.09

mouko

Here's a little preview of Robert Geller Fall 08.

Pics credit to George aka Bakla (http://designcanteen.blogspot.com/)

geller_waxed01.jpg

geller_waxed02.jpg

Bakla tagged this as a waxed coat, but it's actually a fabric that's hand painted with polyurethane.

gellercoat01.jpg

gellercoat02.jpg

Strap coat inspired by parachutists (inspiration this season was explorers/military)

gellerbackpack.jpg

Large calfskin leather backpack.

Collection is a lot bigger this season, a lot darker and moodier, much more like what you'd expect from Geller. Large collection includes a handful of great accesories (2 bags, tons of sunglasses/glasses, and shoes). Expect more this friday feb 1st when the fashion show premieres.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little preview of Robert Geller Fall 08.

Pics credit to George aka Bakla (http://designcanteen.blogspot.com/)

Bakla tagged this as a waxed coat, but it's actually a fabric that's hand painted with polyurethane.

gellercoat01.jpg

Strap coat inspired by parachutists (inspiration this season was explorers/military)

wow. that, is ugly.

That strap coat is horrible imho. yikes.....I can't believe how bad that is...parachutist inspiration or not...

Backpack, however, looks great. Not into the polyurethane thing either though cool to see more people using it (I liked the ervell air jacket in that material). Hopefully cool stuff to come. Sometimes his details are a bit too much (the parachutist detail on the back) but maybe my taste is too boring.

That strap coat is horrible imho. yikes.....I can't believe how bad that is...parachutist inspiration or not...

Backpack, however, looks great. Not into the polyurethane thing either though cool to see more people using it (I liked the ervell air jacket in that material). Hopefully cool stuff to come. Sometimes his details are a bit too much (the parachutist detail on the back) but maybe my taste is too boring.

I wish there were better pics of the backpack, but it's a lot larger and crazier than those pics suggest. You can see it a little in the 2nd backpack pic, but it's not just a simple top flap that straps down but actualy a long tube like opening with a zipper running down the middle. It was modeled after explorer backpacks, so you can stuff a lot of shit in there and strap it down and hold it together with leather laces (which you can see poking out in the 2nd pic as well)

I personally think this is his strongest collection to date since Cloak 04.

I'm siding with the haters re: the strap coat - waaay too techy looking, way inelegant, like cyber-goth as envisioned by a videogame designer... and if the front weren't unsubtle enough, the WTF on the back is comically (unimaginatively) decorative, and confirms to anyone standing behind you that, yep, you wish you were in the X-Men.

Was Plokhov perhaps the more refined and reserved of the duo?

The hooded jacket up top, though, looks nice at a glance.

I'm siding with the haters re: the strap coat - waaay too techy looking, way inelegant, like cyber-goth as envisioned by a videogame designer... and if the front weren't unsubtle enough, the WTF on the back is comically (unimaginatively) decorative, and confirms to anyone standing behind you that, yep, you wish you were in the X-Men.

agreed. it looks very cheap, also.

Was Plokhov perhaps the more refined and reserved of the duo?

The hooded jacket up top, though, looks nice at a glance.

Indeed it is a very difficult piece. I've been on the fence about it since I saw the final sample, but in the design process I thought it would turn out cool. I have no idea how one would style/wear it.

I think anyone that has followed cloak from the beginning and has seen Cloak pre-geller would know that Geller was the vision behind cloak. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible and I'm not downplaying Plokhov's talent, but the styling and aesthetic of what most people consider Cloak was all Geller.

I think this collection will win more people over when the rest of it is shown. Bakla chose some very hard pieces to share (though the poly hooded toggle has been a hit with buyers)

Wow, that backpack's crazy. Any ideas on a possible price?

I believe the leather version is going to retail between 600-700? Don't quote me. I'll get some exact numbers, it also comes in a nylon version for significantly cheaper.

I think this collection will win more people over when the rest of it is shown. Bakla chose some very hard pieces to share (though the poly hooded toggle has been a hit with buyers)

I can't remember if Robert chose them or if I did. I was kinda overwhelmed with the enormity of the collection when I went to take a look, so I was just snapping away. The runway show styling really brought it into a different level, I think. I'm completely rethinking how I would purchase from this collection now...

Some backstage pics

05.jpg

Building the dirt / totem runway

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

Ro Geller

20.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

Mustard Yellow jeans, one of my favorite pieces

24.jpg

25.jpg

The infamous backpack.

Sorry I don't have better pics of the clothes, it was hectic back there and I was mainly taking pics for my blog. Anyways, better pics of the clothes should be up on mens style in the next few days.

I am beginning to lose any doubt that it was Geller who was the driving force behind Cloak, as Mouko mentioned earlier. This is easily superior to any post-Cloak work from Plohkov and, in my opinion, just as good as, if not better than, post-Geller work at Cloak.

I hope his pricing remains as reasonable as past seasons, and if S/S prices coming in are any guide they seem to be.

Servo- I think prices will still continue to stay on par with past seasons with a few items being a little bit more than others. But then again, that's expected I guess.

This is one of, if not my favorite show this season. The looks are all impeccable as are the colors and fit; Not to mention the pricing will be 50% less than most other high designer collections.

(P.S. The color palette is hard to see in the photos but they're mostly greys, black, mustard, whites, a deep purple/bordeaux)