Nom de Guerre F/W 08.09

sbw4224

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup you're right, bald head, uptight tie, boots, pale skin ----> SS

EDIT : Not that all bald head guys with a tie and boots and pale skin are SS!

since the model is my good friend i can assure you he's not SS :D

they gave him that haircut before the shoot but most of the time he shaves his head completely.

i was told "significant" by the guys at context

i agree, price drop isnt "significant," but is somewhat closer to "reasonable"

Any specific examples of the drop? I haven't been in the store yet, but it looks like sites have the shirts listed at $200 - isn't that about what they've always been?

off the top of my head, i know their jackets f/w07 retailed around $800+, hoodies, cardis and other sweaters around $400... f/w jackets are admittedly a bit more involved than s/s, but the flight jacket, marine parka, short trench and other outerwear come between $300-$700

i recall the deconstructed cord button downs of f/w07 going for around $300, and printed crewnecks being more than $90

the price of the western button downs are at least comparable to flat head

• 3 months later...

So much for significant price drops heh.

Shetland material stuff looks aces. Also digging the belt and bag. I'm surprised the non-rubberized cotton stuff is retailing for over 1k though.

*edit

Is the utility shirt the safari looking shirt from the lookbook? In the pic they have it lacks the epaulettes and buttons on the arms.

\/\/

Thanks

so much for 'price drops' LOL and any excuse LOL

Why pay 900$ for an average mid-line brand like ndg,,,,that price can get you 2 apc jackets potentially or a mainline designer jacket.

nice pieces but ridiclous pricing

basically.

NdG's strategy is confusing at best. Quality of the garments has never been mind-blowing and they always seem to follow a great collection with a highly questionable one right afterwards. Beyond that, they're not really setting themselves apart from brands that have considerably similar aesthetics to them like Band of Outsiders, Rag & Bone, Gilded Age, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

i got the grey "natural" denim at stels in boston. theyre pretty sweet and the quality is good. the denim is a sick color that ive never seen before. also, if you want your jeans to fit how they fit on the model, youll have to buy like 2 sizes larger. i bought them in the same size i buy my apcs and imps and they fit reaaally tight. ive worn them for a couple days now and managed to stretch them out a lil, but theyll be fine after a week of wear.