Any other brands out there for wider legged dudes?

individualsole

So I just really got into real quality denim since Self Edge opened and I picked up a couple of pairs of Sugar Cane Okinawas and Iron Heart 624S. I was wondering what other brands that you might know of that would actually work with my wider legs.

I remember going to American Rag and trying on like 8 different pairs of denim and coming out empty handed. Most wouldn't go past my thighs.

See pic below and that's me on the right. (Sugar Cane "Okinawa")

l

Stretches out over time or stretches out overnight like a 10 year old pair of y-fronts? :eek:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Look into the S5003 by Flat Head.

Kiya,

You guys have those at the store in a 33 or 34? I'll be coming in next week to check out that Iron Heart Jacket also.

As one of the resident wider legged dudes, you tried on the wrong jeans. The 634 is not a wide leg at all. It is a straight leg fit imo. I've got some of them in a 34 that fit me fine, and I've got wide legs. In addition to the ones already mentioned, off the top of my head you could also wear most Duckdiggers, Samurai 510, 3000, 7000, 0310 cuts will all fit your legs, SExIH03 cyclist jeans fit as long as it is just large thighs, Flat Head F350, 1005, 5005, 3005, S5005, eternal 872.

Kiya,

You guys have those at the store in a 33 or 34? I'll be coming in next week to check out that Iron Heart Jacket also.

Nope, but we've got a few other jeans that i think would fit you well.

Come in, i'm sure we can find you something..

So I just really got into real quality denim since Self Edge opened and I picked up a couple of pairs of Sugar Cane Okinawas and Iron Heart 624S. I was wondering what other brands that you might know of that would actually work with my wider legs.

I remember going to American Rag and trying on like 8 different pairs of denim and coming out empty handed. Most wouldn't go past my thighs.

Try the Dry Bones Guitar Wolf jeans. I have sort of "athletic" thighs so I can't pull off the really slim cuts too well, but I have a pair of these in size 32 (true waist is about 33) and they fit really well.

Not sure what sizes Kiya has left but I think they're worth a look. Can't beat those lightning bolt arcs...

So far what I picked up and so far fit fairly well:

2 x Sugar Cane Okinawa (1 hard washed, 1 raw denim)

Iron Heart 634S

Iron Heart x Self Edge SEXIH03BK (lot's of thigh room, but a little tighter down below due to the taper)

Levi's 501xx 1947 Deadstock

and my most recent is the Sugar Cane SC40601 Hand Loom Style (really loose fitting)

• 4 months later...

Iron Heart 634S

Iron Heart x Self Edge SEXIH03BK (lot's of thigh room, but a little tighter down below due to the taper)

and my most recent is the Sugar Cane SC40601 Hand Loom Style (really loose fitting)

what are your leg measurements? i've been on the fence about the sz 31 SExIH for awile now and it has been mainly over whether or not these would look like they were painted on my thighs adn calves.

also, imperial kings really work well with the athletic leg

Just get'm ol' school work cut blue jean pants (talkin' the basic cuts) from the beginning of denim existance to for examle before the 1960's, basically. In that way you will bring great nuances and wear mastering existance to your life!

Iron Heart 634S

I've got reasonably big thighs too and am also liking my Okinawas a lot. Actually from your picture it looks like those Okis fit you baggier than mine does on me. My legs are kinda long as well and I get very little stacking with the Okis. Not saying there should be much of that on these nice repros though. For a bit more of a fitted look I've found the Samurai S5000vx/bk (had to get them both) work really well. With the long inseam I get some nice stacking too, for a more modern look. I imagine the S0500XX would do the same job, fit-wise, if you wanna keep on with that slubby denim.

The real surprise here, to me at least, is that the Edwin Nashville I picked before I started buying denim from overseas are turning out to be a real sleeper hit. Might not be as fancy in details and denim or even overall quality as most brands being discussed here, but damn... they are coming along very nicely in terms of fading and the fit manages to be both a slightly relaxed and comfortable while still giving me a slim profile. And I've treated them about as bad/careless as I ever will. The indigo retention is also grade A after two soaks and one warm machine wash. Nice and dark.

I've got large thighs, and I love the fit of the Samurai S0500's. I'd highly recommend looking into them, from the picture you posted they might be a bit more fitted overall than you're used to, but I think they are a great fitted pair for people with large thighs. I've got some pics in the waywt and Samurai thread of the fit of mine, in size 34