singapore - general discussion

defiance

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me, everything you've mentioned has been tried before, it just doesn't work.

look at every other lady in the working society - if it's not Gucci, it's LV - and this applies to much of the general public too. it's evolved into a situation where people buy branded/designer labels to be recognised by their peers, to show off their financial status, etc. there's a mentality that "if i'm going to spend so much on a designer product, i must make sure the whole world knows how much it costs", and everyone ends up buying gaudy monogram trash.

tisswat, complaining about everything is what makes us singaporean :P

QFT X 2. This is so (fucking) true.

look at every other lady in the working society - if it's not Gucci, it's LV - and this applies to much of the general public too. it's evolved into a situation where people buy branded/designer labels to be recognised by their peers, to show off their financial status, etc. there's a mentality that "if i'm going to spend so much on a designer product, i must make sure the whole world knows how much it costs", and everyone ends up buying gaudy monogram trash.

Basically you guys are becoming Korean.

koreans does it better.

How does Korean does it better?

The Japanese are like the biggest nation of buyers of LV worldwide. WORLDWIDE.

Hong Kong have I think more Gucci and Prada stores in their small island than other countries. They have so many malls selling these stuff.

China buys branded stuff like its the last pieces of gold on earth.

So how does the Korean does it better I know the Koreans love to do plastic surgery though, more than other countries.

Cause Koreans are the best!

Just look at our electronic and vehicle tech, its on par if not greater than the Japanese already. Even the japanese girls are going bananas over korean idols.

I think China would be the biggest market for LV. Its just crazy on how people there buys LV and other branded stuffs.

China is the biggest market for everything.

If Hermes touch down there, the Chinese are not buying due to its hand made tradition and centuries pedigree.

They just buy because its branded and branded and branded and oh yes, imported too.

Ditto for other brands. Armani is flying off the shelves in China.

Compared to how Armani first took off in America only when GIorgio dressed up the Hollywood stars. Which China star dons Armani? Yao Ming?

In fact I spoke with one Chinese on this. She was telliing me how her jeans are branded. For the life of me, I have not heard of the brand before. But she proudly told me it is branded and famous in China and she spent close to US$100 for it. Not a small amount by China standards. I wont spend what a common worker can earn in China in a month on jeans that is only famous in China.

On another note, I was actually wearing my DH New Emperor Penguin jeans when I met her and she didnt even know squat on that.

And it had the oil wash and blue-black washed look. Actually its just dark dark blue jeans. See how marketting something called blue-black wash can sell it more than plain old dark blue?

Just look at our electronic and vehicle tech, its on par if not greater than the Japanese already. Even the japanese girls are going bananas over korean idols.

Dude, I am asking how the Koreans are more fanatical about branded stuff than other Asians. In Japan, teenage girls become hookers ie in compensated dating to buy branded stuff. Do the Koreans?

the koreans know it better than to whore themselves out. They'd just buy the fake version for whichever is oh-so-popular at the moment. That way they can be trendy and up-to-date with the current fashion.

On another note, I was actually wearing my DH New Emperor Penguin jeans when I met her and she didnt even know squat on that.

And it had the oil wash and blue-black washed look. Actually its just dark dark blue jeans. See how marketting something called blue-black wash can sell it more than plain old dark blue?

What DH jeans is that? king penguin logo covered jeans?

the koreans know it better than to whore themselves out. They'd just buy the fake version for whichever is oh-so-popular at the moment. That way they can be trendy and up-to-date with the current fashion.

Then we are talking about different things.

We are talking about people who are mad about branded stuff.

The same people who would eat instant noodles for months to buy the new Gucci bag or who will live in a small dirty flat which are jam packed with branded stuff.

Buying a cheap fake is different.

Then we are talking about different things.

We are talking about people who are mad about branded stuff.

The same people who would eat instant noodles for months to buy the new Gucci bag or who will live in a small dirty flat which are jam packed with branded stuff.

Buying a cheap fake is different.

But its the same, fake and real. They have one thing in common: passion for fashion and branded stuffs.

I know some of my friends in china that are filthy rich, and crazy over LV. But buys the cheap fake versions. They claim that the fake ones has a 'better' design.

so what if she doesn't know your jeans are from dior homme? not everyone is a know-it-all shopping guru like you, beast. we understand your massive knowledge on every single luxury label around, and seek your forgiveness for not keeping up to date and schooling ourself on the brands out there. we fail.

so what if she doesn't know your jeans are from dior homme? not everyone is a know-it-all shopping guru like you, beast. we understand your massive knowledge on every single luxury label around, and seek your forgiveness for not keeping up to date and schooling ourself on the brands out there. we fail.

My point is not that she does not recognise what I am wearing.

In future, please keep your comments to yourself and dont reply to me. That post was not to you anyway. I on my part will reciprocate and will not comment on what you post nor reply to you. If you want to be sarcastic and post crap to others, please bear in mind, 2 can play that game. Thanks.

yeah, dont blame us for spending crazily on branded clothes just because we can and you cant!

so what if beast wants to bitch bout some mainland girl whos trying to brag bout her 'expensive desginer' brand when she dont even know beasts 500 dollar jeans. He has every right to say that shit, after all he spend quite a fortune on those jeans.

koreans doit better.

sorry. fixed for grammer.

dude... korean fella, living in japan.. with a screen name , "aniki"

doesn't say too much about your korean pride.

so..... だまれ、馬鹿。

How is that being Korean?

The Chinese does it, so does the Japanese and even in Hong Kong.

It happens in other parts of the world as well albeit in a smaller scale.

Just to clarify, I come from a stateside point of view. In no means am I implying that other ethnicities are not guilty of it. RATHER, most Korean Americans exhibit this sort of materialism in a widespread manner here as a subconscious yet active way of participating in American culture, or becoming Americanized. A lot of younger first gen kids here are particularly wealthy or middle-upper class, so you'll see a lot of Koreans here in art school drenched in brands (which is exactly how their mothers are as well).

So, not to make this into a finger pointing game of ethnicities, my comment was purely a joke about the connotation of Korean people in larger social settings. This by no means excludes the proportional consumption of product, material or not, by countries such as China that surely dwarf others countries in question.

So, don't be such a Jew about things, okay? I love all consumer-whoring Asians, especially Defiance. ;)