singapore - general discussion

defiance

Em, you want to go so you can try on their sizes and not buy?

Bet you will be a hit there.

Prices aint exactly cheaper. HK during final call was not even 50% off for DH boutiques and heard Joyce dont do 50% for DH stuff no more.

dress shoes ill prolly buy on the spot. but i'm not gonna buy the lumiere shoes and other stuff at the same time. sorry if im poor and cant buy everything in a lump at retail price. i didnt mean to offend you or anything of that sort.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dress shoes ill prolly buy on the spot. but i'm not gonna buy the lumiere shoes and other stuff at the same time. sorry if im poor and cant buy everything in a lump at retail price. i didnt mean to offend you or anything of that sort.

Hey no offence. I am just saying no shop will like it if you are there to try the sizes in order to get it cheaper from another place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i think im visiting sometime this weekend for one night or so.

1) i have a malaysian cell phone (maxis), but can i make calls from it in singapore?

2) cheap hotel/ motel for one night?

im kinda excited cuz i havent been to singapore in perhaps 15 years. regardless, im pretty sure it's more fun than malaysia.

1) i have a malaysian cell phone (maxis), but can i make calls from it in singapore?

im kinda excited cuz i havent been to singapore in perhaps 15 years. regardless, im pretty sure it's more fun than malaysia.

if you have auto roaming, you could make calls in singapore.

I loved New 7th Storey Hotel. It's a hostel, but it's not bad at all. I stayed there for 2 nights. It was like $20 a night. Perfect location too.

http://www.nsshotel.com/

I loved New 7th Storey Hotel. It's a hostel, but it's not bad at all. I stayed there for 2 nights. It was like $20 a night. Perfect location too.

http://www.nsshotel.com/

blah. sad.

The hotel is reacquired by the Government and will cease operation with effect 1st November 2008. No booking after 31 oct 2008 will be accepted, thank you for your understanding.

ah, yeah. the singapore crew told me about that. it's being demolished, but I didn't know it was already over. I guess I'm part of the last of an era.

Sorry man.

http://hostelworld.com/

There are a lot of other choices. Just DONTstay in "Service World Hostel"

--- ghettoest shit I've ever done in my fucking life.

Just wanted to say thanks to the original thread starter.. I'm going to be visiting SG for the first time in a couple weeks and I'll probably be checking out a bunch of those spots.

Any recommendations for what to do/where to go over there?

When exactly? Where to go depends on your interests, how long will you be staying?

Same here, im heading out to Singapore from the 30th to the 3rd. Is there anything in particular to watch out for? Sales and whatnot?

Im looking forward to some really good food too. No more drooling while watching the Food Channel. There any particular places you guys recommend for good eats?

theres a sale going on at club 21 (30% off). that place is like, my wet dream cum true.

You missed the members' preview earlier this month for the bazaar sale. 50-80% off on Yohji, Sander, Dries, CDG etc... it's like a threesome with brazilian supermodels.

But Club 21's retail price is often expensive.

Also, any tailors to recommend for alteration of pants? I know CYC, Raffles, Maharaja etc but I'm not sure if their reputation is legit.

does anyone know where to get Obey t-shirts in Singapore?

thanks in advance!

You can get em from almost all the Left Foot outlets. There's one at Far East Plaza, and another at Orchard Cineleisure.

Same here, im heading out to Singapore from the 30th to the 3rd. Is there anything in particular to watch out for? Sales and whatnot?

Im looking forward to some really good food too. No more drooling while watching the Food Channel. There any particular places you guys recommend for good eats?

there's tonnes of food places to check out. where do i start!

As for shopping, most of the places at the start of the thread are still valid. For up to date information about sales and where to find certain brands etc, visit www.plussixfive.com.

• 3 weeks later...

lol at pointy shoes

club 21 having sale right now, 1st pair 50% off, 2nd pair 60% off final receipt

saw some nice undercover sneakers, too many pairs of lanvins-hi that cant be sold. Alot of hardys and i think those yohji x dr martens has been on that shelf for centuries.