Breaking Bad

Handlethevibe

He took it upon himself to use a multimillion dollar lab to start cooking without Gus' authorisation, but I don't think that was it.

He was presumably the only other person to know Walt and Jesse's recipe/procedures, and was a potential liability.

Or, more probably, Victor had been witnessed at Gale's apartment and was a liability for this reason. Plus it allowed Gus to give a nice demonstration of his capability and ruthlessness, which Walt and Jesse had so far seen little of.

Your thoughts?

all of the above

Or, more probably, Victor had been witnessed at Gale's apartment and was a liability for this reason. Plus it allowed Gus to give a nice demonstration of his capability and ruthlessness, which Walt and Jesse had so far seen little of.

Your thoughts?

this.. 10char

option B

Gus' ruthless side came out a lil bit at the end of last season but now its full on. I was always interested in his character and would love to see the role he plays this season

more likely than not, gus will die at the end of the season

Big call, bets placed. What makes you so sure of this? I feel like the only logical progression to keep the series running would be for "Heisenberg" to essentially usurp Gus' empire. There would undoubtedly be killing involved, so you're probably right.

I'm also curious about how they develop Gus' character. Definitely an underrated du. He is obviously extremely ruthless if he has been so successful in building the biggest meth empire in the south-west. But until now we never got to see more than the "professional" side of Gus' character.

This season is going to be sooo good. When I watched the first few eps of season 1 I was struggling to think of how they could extent the plot beyond more than a season or two... But now...

Big call, bets placed. What makes you so sure of this? I feel like the only logical progression to keep the series running would be for "Heisenberg" to essentially usurp Gus' empire. There would undoubtedly be killing involved, so you're probably right.

pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Like walt said, if hes ever in a position where its him and jesse or the other guy, the other guy will always die

i have a feeling that will be a crucial thing to remember throughout this season

Gus' death is a logical conclusion. Walt has the know-how, the connects but needs the man power to back it up. Maybe this season will portray him building a crew. Not like his last crew. Something real.

Holy shit, what if he gets Hank in on it and has the DEA's back in secret. FFFUUUUUU

I think,as stated above, Walter will probably usurp Gus in one of two ways, either through the cartel or through the DEA, I'm thinking most likely cartel. Hank will probably find out what's going on and help Walter out. I feel that Jesse will have a bigger role this season other than just messing things up and being a wreck.

Last night I was trying to rationalize why Gus would kill Victor. All the reasons stated above popped in my head but another possible reason is that although Victor knew all the steps to cooking, if something were to go wrong, he would have no idea how to fix the problem. Gus probably realized that making the product involved too many variables outside of the cooking process itself and he didn't wanna take the chance of losing his empire by just having a "short cook," instead of the real deal.

That clip in the beginning that showed us that Gail was actually the one that pushed Gus to hire Walter was amazing plot-wise. It really emphasized the point that bad things still happen to good people.

all of the above

Both of these.

I'm so fucking pumped about this season. I would say you guys have no idea but you're posting here so you feel the exact same way. And to think, new Boardwalk Empire starts in September... damn it's a great time for TV right now!

Edit: I also agree about the further development of Gus and Jesse. There's just too much potential in both of these characters for them to continue as they've been the past few seasons.

Welcome to the dark side Walter.

walters been on the dark side since he decided to cook meth instead of taking the chemistry job from his old "friend" according to MT4M's link

That article is a great read, btw

I can't believe that it's been 13 months since we've last seen a new episode of this show! This is certainly my favorite television series and I'm glad that Aaron Paul finally won an Emmy last year. The shootout involving the cousins and Hank last year in 'One Minute' was as intense an experience via a creative medium I've ever been involved in not counting RedTube...

I miss Jane:

datassc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Was it just me or did the actress who plays Skylar get a little "chunky"?

Nah, homegirl noticed the same thing. I was thinking maybe post-pregnancy irl? There was a solid 13 month hiatus between screening, presumably something similar between filming seasons.

Skylar is a heftier, but what stands out more to me is the plastic surgery she's had done. I might have been imagining it, but her facial features seemed frozen and unnatural. She's no Walt Jr.

By the way, what do you all think about Hank purchasing crystals ("minerals") on eBay? I would think that he's definitely thinking about Heisenberg, even when bedridden. I wonder if Hank will figure things out this season; you would think him or Gomi will play some sort of part in solving this case.

It doesn't seem like Vince Gilligan feels there will be more than 5 seasons, but I remember in the past that people were confident season 4 would be the last.

Unlike certain other shows that should call it quits *cough* Mad Men *cough*, I wish Breaking Bad would go on forever. It's the most enjoyable show on TV right now by a mile, to me.

I have a theory about how it's going to end up: (slight potential spoilers) with Jesse and Walt as drug lords, or villains in their own right. They've been getting darker, and darker, and are experiencing more and more traumas to harden them up. I wonder if they will eventually take over from Gus somehow. Jesse looked at Gus with murder in his eyes. Just an idea, but I could see that being the direction, since their immoral indulgences keep growing.

I have a theory about how it's going to end up: (slight potential spoilers) with Jesse and Walt as drug lords, or villains in their own right...I wonder if they will eventually take over from Gus somehow. Jesse looked at Gus with murder in his eyes.

There was so much foreshadowing of this from the very first ep of the season that I'd put it on even money before the conclusion of season 4.

this episode was pretty damn slow ... should pick up by next week

Yep, I agree. In the article posted a few pages back, Vince Gilligan basically says there's gonna be some slow (filler) episodes to allow the viewers to have time to process everything.

The trailer for next week's episode already revealed that the cops know Gale was involved in large-scale meth production... i.e. they found his LAB NOTES.

ya this weeks episode basically set up next weeks episode. that one should be crazy.

i was impressed that Walt decided to press the Gus issue so early. I thought he would give it time and let it marinate.

Should be interesting to see whether or not Gus finds out Walts intentions or if Mike keeps it to himself and aligns with Walt and Jesse. HMMMMMMMMM