Dior Homme FW 08.09 Paris

t0m

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what bothers me the most about this collection is the black on black on black theme... no creativity

my thoughts exactly, i tend to find all black boring when overdone and this is pretty overdone, but then again im too fat to wear dior anyway so i should maybe be looking elsewhere

My first reaction was omg omg what a regression, why are the silhouettes so masculine , where are the skinny boys? But obviously KVA never could have done it as well as HS and it was interesting to read about his vision and ideas. If you add a massive corporate crisis with hundreds of people giving their advice, and commercial requirements (I'm just guessing), it's not surprising that the collection feels wrong somehow. But all in all it's not bad stuff I guess.

It's not an amazing collection, but it's not bad. It does show a tiny bit of potential for Dior Homme. It's gonna live - Middle class.

I wasn't expecting much from KVA - actually I was expecting complete shit coming from him. But looking at this collection, Specially the tops and the jacket, I must say, they do look nice. Though they're not something that blew me away.

I looked at the first 5 looks and I was finished. The collection didn't really make sense to me, and black clothes on a black background just seems like a bad presentation to me. I actually saw potential for Dior to become a "classy" label after S/S08, but I don't get a classy vibe from this, and I don't get a Rock & Roll vibe either, so I just think I'm going to forget like it ever happened and hope for better future collections, because I'm sure LVMH won't allow Dior to become a big huge flop.

the LEAST he could have done was pick out better looking models without thunder-thighs a la 'dolce & gaybanna'.

Compared to the emaciated sticks Hedi often chose, I would consider this an improvement.

Re: The collection, I think a lot of it works pretty well, though Assche needs to stop doing 1000+ variations on a theme and just let things sit (overdone options on sating edging, too many hammer pants). I truly dig the high, floating collars on many of the looks, and the jackets are mostly excellent. Many of the fabrics and flourishes are quite good, though he does need to mix things up more with color. I also liked many of the touches in the S/S mini collection, with the inverted satin lapels and windowpane footwear. Potential does exist here, and I hope that DH drops the lame hoodies & jeans for a more upscale image. IMO, it took a couple of seasons at the start Dior Homme to really gel; a lot of that shit looked plain goofy (shiny magenta psuedo-jumpsuits?, stringy shoulder straps?). Hedi also had the luck of starting from scratch, as Dior menswear prior was nonexistent.

That said, his own line is just awful. I really don't understand that at all.