weirdest food combination

_ironman

i searched and know there's a grossest food thread, but i wanted to make one about the weirdest food combination (2 or more things) you've decided to put together and try.

i'll start:

in the 8th grade, for our French class (i'm in Canada), we had a little chocolate fondue event for some reason, and we were all supposed to bring in stuff to dip in chocolate and eat in our little groups.

me and my best friend (at the time) brought in meat. we dipped meat in chocolate. and i am going to be honest here, it tasted just fine...leaning more toward excellent. :cool:

now watch Conan the Barbarian eat a vulture :

conan_vulture2.gif

A few of my friends are tired of residence food, so one day they tried toasting bread with cheese and peanut butter.

not my cup of tea, they say it's just really good.

Truth. Adams all natural peanut butter + good cheddar = relatively inexpensive and quite nutritious sandwich, weird as fuck though. just don't tell anybody you like it.

My roomate made KD last night... Then stirred in a packet of instant mashed potatoes. It was fucking heinous.

mexican food puts chocolate sauce on meat. i think its called mole. im not into it, though.

Mole Poblano specifically. There's one of those apostrophe looking thingies over the e. Mole is just sauce as far as I can tell, there are green moles, red moles, random moles, I've had at least 40 things called mole traveling in Mexico.

Done well it is one of the greatest things ever, done poorly it tastes like burnt chocolate poured over meat. Good mole poblano takes a few days to make (if you have to render your own lard even longer). A simplish recipe for it is below. Probably the best Mole Poblano I've ever had was from Izote de Patricia Quintana in Mexico city. Orgasmic. I looked up the recipe in one of her cookbooks and it's 3 pages of shit prepared over a motherfucking week. Ah well:

1/2 lb. Ancho chiles, toasted lightly

2-1/4 lbs. Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded

9 oz. fresh Jalapenos, roasted, peeled, seeded

2-1/2 cups tomatillos, crushed

1/2 mole spice mixture (recipe below)

1-1/4 oz. garlic, peeled

3 oz. lard

8 oz. raisins, fried in oil 5 seconds

8 oz. apricots, dried, fried in oil 5 seconds

3 oz. sesame seeds, toasted

12 oz. almonds, sliced, toasted

3 oz. pepitas, toasted

8 oz. Ibarra chocolate, chopped

1-1/4 gal chicken stock

7 oz. corn tortilla chips, fried crisp

1 qt. water

1 oz. Coriander seeds

1-1/2 oz. ancho chile seeds

1 oz. black peppercorns

1/2 oz. cinnamon sticks

1/2 oz. anise seed

1/2 oz. cumin seed, whole

1-1/2 tsp. allspice

1 oz. cloves, whole

lol i don't know mexican food. and yeah, bananas in pyjamas are fucking weird

i just remembered another one : one time i had to eat a peeled apple but i forgot so it sat out for like a half hour and started to look wrinkly and gross. i think it was the green one...don't know what it's called.

but anyway, i decided to make it better by putting Sriracha chili sauce on it. it went better than i had expected. apple + hot sauce

also, one time i was drunk at my friend's place and we decided to put plum sauce on some chocolate mini bars (like halloween sized)....that one didn't go too well :(

I used to like Miracle Whip and Peanut Butter sandwiches (vomit)

i knew of these stoners who loved to eat peanut butter with mayo and nothing else. no bread, no nothing.

a somewhat strange combination for americans is fries with mayo, but they are really really good as europeans could probably attest.

my sushi chef friend kengo, used mango in his sushi. called it kengo de mango. good stuff.

and this is probably one of those strange asian american thing, but my dad eats desserts like donuts in his rice bowl with chopsticks, mainly because he doesn't want to add another dirty dish to wash after dinner.

I never understood the fries and mayo thing, ive tried it and it doesn't really taste all that good. Hoe about american cheese on a toasted peanut butter sandwich. its kinda like those peanutbutter and cheese crackers but just a lil different. still kinda gross tho.

I had some spicy chocolate candy the other day. It was pretty interesting. I liked it.

That reminds of some Visa commercial that had a chick eating a chocolate covered pepper. I want to try that.

reminds of the chili chocolate ice cream i had while at watermargin in HK

it was pretty .. interesting

initially its a very good chocolate ice cream. not too sweet, and no hints of the chili

as it melts in your mouth the chili starts kicking in, and you eat more of the ice cream to surpress the spicyness, creating a perpetual cycle

surprsingly good though, wasnt as bad as i imagined it to be