The Viridi-Anne F/W 08.09 Paris

t0m

well, they're a small store, selling online is only a side operation which I guess they have limited resources for. I'd rather see mediocre pictures than nothing. the new pictures are great in terms of quality, the model might not be perfect for the gear but the pictures still give a pretty good idea of the garments imo. the Arsenio pic is pretty bad, but the rest didn't really bother me, I'm just glad they're posting stuff online.

I just don't think it's that hard to get flattering photos of people...I thought that was standard photography shit. I don't get how they just look at the photo and they're like, "sure, the photo with the awkwardly worn piece and the bad posture is fine for the website." Plus i'm sure they have a rail thin buddy they can ask to model, i don't get what's so difficult

I'm pretty offended by anybody insulting the quality of the photography. The photos are taken by my roommate (a professional photographer), and their quality speaks for themselves. The fidelity of the photos (especially as far as lighting/detail is concerned) is far superior to atelier new york.

As for the model, that's me.

I'm not insulted, people are right, I don't have the right body for Viridi-Anne clothes, but Komakino is a tightly run operation and between me and Jon (the only two employees) I am more suitable for "modelling".

That being said, I don't look terrible either. Some of the pieces look down-right fucking amazing on me, whereas the longer knits looks stupid (mostly because I'm a very European build, plus I'm fucking ripped, my arms don't even fit into most size 4 Viridi-Anne).

Plus, when Rick and Doma come in you'll all be singing a different tune as they're brands (especially when Rick's concerned) tailored to European bodies.

I'm pretty offended by anybody insulting the quality of the photography. The photos are taken by my roommate (a professional photographer), and their quality speaks for themselves. The fidelity of the photos (especially as far as lighting/detail is concerned) is far superior to atelier new york.

As for the model, that's me.

I'm not insulted, people are right, I don't have the right body for Viridi-Anne clothes, but Komakino is a tightly run operation and between me and Jon (the only two employees) I am more suitable for "modelling".

That being said, I don't look terrible either. Some of the pieces look down-right fucking amazing on me, whereas the longer knits looks stupid (mostly because I'm a very European build, plus I'm fucking ripped, my arms don't even fit into most size 4 Viridi-Anne).

Plus, when Rick and Doma come in you'll all be singing a different tune as they're brands (especially when Rick's concerned) tailored to European bodies.

Tell your roommate to stop resizing images in Adobe Lightroom. Shit is buggy w/ the bad halo effect between light and dark areas (example). Use Photoshop instead.

PS. your lips are sexy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah they do but not that often. They have some amazing viridi pieces. one was on hold for me but im getting a Juun.J piece instead..

have you seen there BBS pieces? So amazing.

probably the wrong thread for this, but more info on the BBS? Did they only get in one piece? or will they stock more of his pieces in later seasons...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the translation ArtSky, will rep when I can. I've gotten quite a bit of help on this issue and here's what I've gotten from people who tried it on - only applicable to the jacket I'm talking about.

The jacket size is approximately 1/2 smaller than you'd expect even from Japanese brands (e.g. Julius). As an example, Profmonnituff told me he's normally a large and that a 4 was very tight and a 5 was normal fit.

EDIT: chart only good for the one jacket, see post below for more sizing info.

1 = XS-XXS (read: extra small leaning toward xxs)

2 = S-XS

3 = M-S

4 = L-M

5 = XL-L

Thanks for the translation ArtSky, will rep when I can. I've gotten quite a bit of help on this issue and here's what I've gotten from people who tried it on - only applicable to the jacket I'm talking about.

All sizes are approximately 1/2 smaller than you'd expect even from Japanese brands (e.g. Julius). As an example, Profmonnituff told me he's normally a large and that a 4 was very tight and a 5 was normal fit.

1 = XS-XXS (read: extra small leaning toward xxs)

2 = S-XS

3 = M-S

4 = L-M

5 = XL-L

I own 4 pieces from them, all but one are in size 1 so I don't think i can agree with that! for reference I'm 172cm 63klg, small yeah but nowhere near xxs small.

In julius, Viridi anne and attachment I'm a 1, in udcvr and in n(n) im a 2, so at least from my experience both udcvr and n(n) run smaller then va.

check this out, not the same type of shirts but the bottom one is viridi anne size 2 the middle one in an undercover T size 2 and the top is an Attachment T size 1. the viridi anne is the largest. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3399/3187528671_d102e365d5_b.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/3188375382_528b769f77_b.jpg