Ute Ploier F/W 08.09 Paris

t0m

Guest jhaime9
seven does a much better womens buy than men, but i think they carried raf since they opened, so they do stick with designers in the long run. they picked up damir and juun recently, so they are building up their menswear.

this is the first collection of ute's that i really liked because it stood out so much from the rest of her work. if she can bring this magic every season, then it would an incentive for stores like seven to buy her vision and carry her line

To be honest, I discount Raf...he's basically a luxury fashion house these days. He's tried to maintain the youthful appeal with Raf by Raf but that's just defused into lifestyle wear. If you consider how long Raf has been on the circuit now & who has grown up with his line. The majority are now middle-aged & the mainline reflects that attitude to a degree, certainly compensates for it.

If they're building menswear, they're doing it excruciatingly slowly...

So, i'm not impressed with Seven's menswear, do they even carry Damir Doma now? his fall was with Atelier but not listed on Seven's site.

Obviously in New York, Seven are competing with a lot of stores, famous friends carry Petar Petrov i think, Oak carry Drkshdw & labels like Hood By Air that Seven launched. So it is very difficult for them, but they could strike a more progressive chord by investing more intelligently within menswear & see what happens, because Damir Doma was highly successful for them in the inaugural season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that raf is becoming a lifestyle/luxury house now. it pisses me off how the quality of his stuff has gone downhill

knock famous friends off that list. they were the only ones in the us that i know of that carried ute ploier. they closed last spring/summer and turned the space into an art gallery

Guest jhaime9
i agree that raf is becoming a lifestyle/luxury house now. it pisses me off how the quality of his stuff has gone downhill

knock famous friends off that list. they were the only ones in the us that i know of that carried ute ploier. they closed last spring/summer and turned the space into an art gallery

SERIOUS?

yet another store that has shut doors.

Liborius, Reykjavik closed november.

strangefruit, berlin closed september.

twosee, london closed 3rd january.

few others too, worrying times...

does anybody know if Le Shop in Stockholm is still open? their myspace page has been inactive for months & their website no longer seems to exist [i fear the worse]

If these kind of stores are to survive, then they need to approach from a more interesting conceptual angle...& there is little margin for error.