Number (N)ine FW 08.09

mr fluffernutter

uote]6jcjk78.jpgI like this a lot. Wine pants are dope.

edit: Stupid sufu 10 pics rule. I thought you were dun n i hadta delete and repost

First thing I thought when I saw this collection was "that's pretty colourful, where's the black?" Haha, I was kind of suprised at the leap from S/S 08 to this. I like it though, the styling is really interesting and I've always been a big fan of outdoors clothing. Another thing I like is that most of the pieces are fairly universal and could be used in any number of different types of wardrobes.

I kind of want to go hunting now....

im digging the warm earth tones, but whats up with the 26" inseams on the trousers? might look silly in a non-runway setting...thoughts?

i think that's the least universal part of the collection-- they work with the boots but with anything else I feel like the pants would look silly.

a lot of media in tokyo (namely magazines) are pushing the the "american trad / casual" + "outdoor mix" trends.

i havent seen a whole lot of people on the streets who are doing it

but all the fashion mags like mens nonno are pushing that steez HARD

a lot of media in tokyo (namely magazines) are pushing the the "american trad / casual" + "outdoor mix" trends.

yeah i've noticed that too. i don't quite understand it though... why does the media in japan try to control trends?

80llypy.jpg

6jcjk78.jpg

6sksrut.jpg

87l771z.jpg

these are my favourites from the collection i think. i'd love to get that giant cardigan but it'll probably be 1k or something ridiculous

didn't junya already do this well a few year ago? this stuff is ok - if i were going for pieces like this i'd probably look elsewhere.

that varsity jacket is nice though

I think more than anything this is a good show as far as "reference" goes if you're into outdoors wear. Shows some interesting ways to mix patterns / colors / cuts and layering. I wish there was more along these lines, I think it would be interesting to try and bring some of the vintage aesthetics that Bill and Cotton Duck are really interested in into the actual century we're living in.

I just watched El Topo the other day and there were some incredibly flamboyant cowboy outfits that were fantastic: black, feathered shawls over beat-to-hell workwear and dainty gloves, weird juxtaposition between luxurious, camp and well-worn vintage pieces. I don't necessarily think that's the answer (although it was awesome), but I think collections like this are an interesting take on those sort of ideas.

A little bit more "fashion" and a little less practicality.

at first glance, you'd think this stuff was totally totally different from the past few years of nn, but if you think about it, there's always been cowboy/western/etc. influences...yea it's styled to have the total look, but almost all of the pieces can be worked into the current nn style. nn never disappoints.

i'm interested to see what a store like A would buy from this collection, and shiiit mad rocknroll/gothninja types are gonna feel alienated...