FIGHT FAIR SAN DIEGO - BEST FASHIONCORE

alexbigman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im way into the diy hardcore scene....and have been since i was around 14...

sandals are fucking tight too u lame ass bitches....we are frat boys so shut the fuck up

we started this band to get signed....because we want to make fucking money, i've been in a real diy band (www.myspace.com/seeingmeansmore).......

i wouldent consider fight fair, like traditional hardcore...but it's still hardcore.

if you want to challenge me to a hardcore elitist battle, be my guest because i am fucking well known in the underground screamo scene and i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

fight fair = strict fashioncore

you'll be seeing us on mtv

Quote:

sandals are fucking tight too u lame ass bitches....we are frat boys so shut the fuck up

we started this band to get signed....because we want to make fucking money, i've been in a real diy band (www.myspace.com/seeingmeansmore).......

i wouldent consider fight fair, like traditional hardcore...but it's still hardcore.

if you want to challenge me to a hardcore elitist battle, be my guest because i am fucking well known in the underground screamo scene and i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

--- Original message by alexbigman on Sep 7, 2005 09:50 PM

youre well known in the underground screamo scene? damn. sorry. i didnt realize you were so highly ranked. im not gonan say anything else bad about you or your band.

Unfortunately, the "fashioncore" scene really does exist. Last I heard, they were all about girls jeans, those gay military hats, and bandana's hanging out of their backpockets (here in SF, supposedly that's a symbol that the gay's use to communicate to their kin that they're looking for some poohpoking). In related news: screamo's gay, fashioncore's gay, and just about every other hardcore hybred genre except some metallic hardcore blo's. Cool that your band is looking to sell-out at the expense of real hardcore. I can't wait to see more queers with plugs and bedhead at hardcore shows.

Unfortunately, the "fashioncore" scene really does exist. Last I heard, they were all about girls jeans, those gay military hats, and bandana's hanging out of their backpockets (here in SF, supposedly that's a symbol that the gay's use to communicate to their kin that they're looking for some poohpoking). In related news: screamo's gay, fashioncore's gay, and just about every other hardcore hybred genre except some metallic hardcore blo's. Cool that your band is looking to sell-out at the expense of real hardcore. I can't wait to see more queers with plugs and bedhead at hardcore shows.

Quote:

--- Original message by AmericanTemplar on Sep 7, 2005 10:40 PM

at least they're being honest.

yah man, girls jeans, reverse mullets with stupid skunk strips, mad bandanas and studded belts.

i called it myspacecore.

This is hilarious.. and really everyone needs to take things less seriously.. I mean if these guys want to sell out and make money.. then good for them.. I mean they are fully aware that the true heads think their douche bags.. but they're still havin a good time

its the people who sell the fuck out and still think they are real hardcore that's really sad.. or the kids that take 'fashioncore' seriously..

yup this band sucks, and yup they look pretty stupid.. but yeah..

Thank god for this thread. I havent had a really sweet laugh in awhile.

I used to know a kid (like 17? 18?) who called herself "Fashioncore Lisa." All of the faux-intellectual faux-home-broken hardcore retards have ridiculous titles for themselves.

See Sleeping People. My favorite local band (I'm a San Diegan as well). They're playing tonight.

What is this fashioncore business? It is a subculture? A suburb subculture? What defines being "fashioncore"? I grew in LA and if you dressed like that you'd get the shit beat out of you. I can't understand why guys would want to dress like that...

Quote:

What is this fashioncore business? It is a subculture? A suburb subculture? What defines being "fashioncore"? I grew in LA and if you dressed like that you'd get the shit beat out of you. I can't understand why guys would want to dress like that...

--- Original message by djrajio on Sep 8, 2005 01:03 PM

You've obviously never been to Club Bang! Not that any of these guys dress like the Bang demographic, but I find Fight Fair to dress more like your typical college kids than someone who is actually really concerned with fashion (cutting edge, vintage or whatever).

fashion core kids usually have faux hawks or longer hair. usually 2 toned or black. the image fits for tight guys jeans or girls jeans and white belts. theres other stupid shit but yeah thats basically what people consider "fashioncore". some people go as far as to wear make up and whatnot. whatever.

Quote: This HAS to be a joke, right?

Right??

Hardcore? Are you fucking serious? This pic is your interpretation of hardcore?

Is this pic an attempt to convey that you guys are "HARDCORE"?

Can you play double bass in those flip flops of yours? What up with that?

We'd call you kids NEWJACKS back in the day.

Are yall from San Diego? Fuck, when I think San Diego hardcore, I think UNBROKEN

or ANGELHAIR. Even to LOCUST comes more correct.

The nerve to even post a pic of you trashy style.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, but kids, please do yourself a favor and stop trying so hard - people will respect you more..

so true. i wish these stupid bands would die and all the gravity records bands would come back.

There have always been "fashion" bands in hardcore. Just no one wanted to admit it. All the late 80's Straight edge kids were into a certain look. first high top Nikes or Adidas, then low vans. Champion hoodies and Army pants. It wasn't "fashion" really, but it was a very planned look. Esp in the early 90's with bands like Nation of Ulysses, and later the make up, there was a very fashion centered look. Look at Rocket from the crypt too.

The Skinhead look was always pretty fashionable as well. there were even manuals on how to dress right an what brands to wear and how to wear them.

Not to mention UK Punk in gerenal started in Sex/Seditionaries. All centered around fashion.

That band doesn't look any more stupid than any of the other crappy so called Emo bands these days.

yah it was named off the jd 10".

you guys are tripping out.

fight fair is fucking hardcore as fuck....you guys take things too seriously...think you're all super elite and shit....i used to be like you guys for years....then i was like fuck it, i rather just have fun....and play underoath covers.........or i could play portraitsofpast covers...

we're actually broxcore not fashioncore...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Quote:

--- Original message by alexbigman on Sep 7, 2005 09:50 PM

no major label is going to sign a "screamo" band nowadays...look what happened to boy sets fire...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid