APC Spring 2008

marquischacha

i emailed apc about the grey jeans, fyi they're not raw. their response:

>> the fabric is a soft medium weight denim with no stretch

wonder what size i should get then, i'm only used to apc raw jeans, in a size 29 or 30 to accomodate stretch.

I used to work at the store and I never was down with the superfuture size down rule as a suggestion to customers. I wear a 31 in NS and Cure washed and always bought one size smaller in Raw if that helps any.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess it's a matter of style.

i'm a 32, but new standard raw 32 was already huge on me. even the 31 was big. the staff at nomad strongly recommended sizing down, and i didn't listen to them once before on raw denim, and they were right. i went with a 29, breaking them in now. probably should have done a 30.

I used to work at the store and I never was down with the superfuture size down rule as a suggestion to customers. I wear a 31 in NS and Cure washed and always bought one size smaller in Raw if that helps any.

The website is updated now with the new collection... www.apc.fr I'm thinking of getting a few stuff... but I'm interested in the man's weekend leather bag... :cool:

i posted fit pics of the parka in my last waywt post if anyone's interested

That looks really nice on you... There only White shown on the APC website and it's a bit blah...

I got a suit from there 2 years back that I absolutely love, which was about $450 in total not they are about 700 and there is definitely no increase in quality (not that there needed to be an increase) of these past years. Thats my main problem with APC the upcharge every season.

i dont understand the appeal of apc. to me, it's gap with quirks and only slightly better cuts. throw it on coca rocha, multiply the price by 7, and you've got pretty much the same shit on the website.

(imo)

slightly better cuts, slighty better fabrics, more exclusive, great denim for the price. thats it.

I like the parka, but i wouldn't wear it with that undershirt. Maybe something lighter to brighten it up and not look so dull. Does it fit you? My eyes aren't that great so i can't tell if it's a touch big in the shoulders or not. Either way, it's a very practical piece. I could really use some kind of lightweight rain jacket for florida weather.

this is not what im wearing outside today, i was wearing something else, came home the jacket got put on after i got it in the mail, the shoulders are pretty good, but i wasn't going to size down to an XS when im normally a medium...

and i really wouldnt wear it with that shirt, infact this shirt is so dull i only wore it to go to the doctors office

it fits pretty well, normally everything is too tight in the shoulders since i have really broad ones

I'm interested in the corduroy narrow jeans but am unsure of which size to go with, I'm a size 28 in raw new standards. Also interested in the raw black new standards but am also unsure of which size to go with as I hear they stretch less than the indigo ones. Anyone can help?

thanks

I'm not positive but i thought narrow jeans were based off the new standard and tight fit off the new cure or cure. Might want to check by emailing or calling an apc store.

I like this collection much more than some of the recent ones, but the price increases, offshore manufacturing and drop in quality all nix any purchases for me (at least until sale time).

APC is turning into a more stylish Thoery.

Funny that APC moved right next to the Theory store on Melrose.

I'm not sure about this dress... is it a Yes or a NO?

I don't think it's the best one (I realise the colour is interesting but it's still brown). I prefer the blue sailor dress. But you have to try it on really.

Their web site really bothers me. Why add more gratuitous graphic design and flash animation when what I always loved about A.P.C is the minimalism, the black and white helvetica, the no frills etc. Same remark for the redesigned store rue Madame.

Guys... your invaluable opinion needed... I'm getting a few stuff polkadot cardigan, men's cardigan, short sleeve pullover and the leather weekend bag... but I'm not sure about this dress... is it a Yes or a NO? Thanks in advance...

RuffleDress.jpg

I say yes, I think it's a cute dress. If you're get tired of the shift look, just added a brown belt or something to cinch it in just below the placket.

i dont understand the appeal of apc. to me, it's gap with quirks and only slightly better cuts. throw it on coca rocha, multiply the price by 7, and you've got pretty much the same shit on the website.

(imo)

I've lost interest in a.p.c. in a big way for at least the past 2 years as well, and I was really into the French casual thing the way Japanese did it circa 98-00'ish in a big way (agnes b, etc). APC used to be the place where you could get nice simple but quality outerwear that fit a true 44 for a couple bills, a nice slim jumper on sale for 70 bucks, slim shirts in interesting fabrics, slim trousers, etc. The fits have turned to complete shit and they really don't make good size 0 44-46 tops anymore like they used to and the fabrics are decidedly less nice than they were in the old days. Prices have literally doubled over the past few years as well, so when it comes to lame expensive basics it's easier to just to turn to stuff like Margiela 10 and Dries considering what APC wants for their stuff nowadays.

Guys... your invaluable opinion needed... I'm getting a few stuff polkadot cardigan, men's cardigan, short sleeve pullover and the leather weekend bag... but I'm not sure about this dress... is it a Yes or a NO? Thanks in advance...

RuffleDress.jpg

this dress BTW is not very inspiring and not cute IMO, i can foresee it in the June sale already. APC usually has those one or two cutesy jumpers (like that pintuck jawn they had a year or two ago) each season and this is not one of them. For men the aesthetic is limited to APC and a few other labels, but I can't see the appeal in APC for women at all, considering the amount of alternatives on that side....

^when the prices do become reasonable (sale), shit gets sold out almost instantly.

APC probably owes superfuture a few years worth of back pay for the free ad space they got in that APC denim thread alone... the sales in the past couple years have been entirely disappointing as well, nothing nice ever makes it to sale anymore and the competition online means stuff gets sold out in seconds now.

Besides all that, have you shopped APC lately man? I think you'd probably be swimming in most of their shirts and outerwear they've put out in the past 2-3 seasons, because I am a 0-1 in the old shirt block after they go through the laundry once or twice and shrink a bit, but since they've changed the shirt pattern and gone for that squared torso look as of the past couple years, the shirt hems fall to my mid-thigh now, it's pretty ridiculous and inexplicable... I think knits have stayed the same but they're really going down the drain quality-wise, I don't want to pay $150 for a cotton sweater when they used to give you cashmere for that price...

I didn't really like this year's apc spring for women that much but myself and my ex girlfriend really liked fw07 and s/s07. It's not overly fashiony (not a lot of APC stuff is) but it's nice french minimalist stuff for women. I didn't like the 40s cruise wear looking stuff this spring that much. There is a lot that i'm sure some women could pull off well but i'm also biased because i liked the previous season's models a lot more.

I don't get it dismalfuture, so are you shitting on APC for the look and the quality or because nothing that you like makes it to sale anymore? I don't really have an opinion on the APC shit I'm just saying.. your argument seems like its all over the place.

Nah, it's the former. I just miss the old APC fabrics at the older easier to swallow prices, and also miss the old proportions they used for so long that was my safe go-to for things to fit me (when you're my size (46 jacket with long arms), finding a plain white button up shirt that fits that isn't completely formal or $250 is maddening). The sale thing really doesn't affect me much as that catalog sale I'm never in the country for and I don't online shop. I'm getting kind of sick of the ($400) shoes and cheesy accessories as well, but that is a different point altogether...

I'm a large in Slim shirts from fw07/08, and already in S/S08 I could have probably fit an XS in that parka...

SIZING ALL OVER THE PLACE

Nah, the blocks and proportions have just been changed, APC tops and outers are supposed to fit larger now by the 2-3 sizes. Shoulder seam spacing hasn't changed, you still buy your normal size.