Rick Owens

Tyro1

regarding the olmar and mirta outlet (I have recieved a billion PMs regarding it):

I have not gone yet, as soon as my finals let up I will do everything in my power to go. I will post my review on it as soon as I do, whether there are leather jackets, knits, etc etc. patience people!!

I'm gonna scan the article tomorrow, but there is a great piece on Rick Owens with some interesting images and whatnot. If someone can offer up scans before I can do it myself, please feel free to.

Once scans are available, please discuss.

I read a while ago.

It was pretty good, I liked the stuff about his dad, very interesting that he comes to all the shows and offers his own cantankerous slant. Seemed to veer a little to far toward a "hook" for the article (HOT new designer loved by the FRENCH has old conservative POPPA) but I enjoyed it all the same.

Wasn't very fashion-heavy (it is the new yorker after all) but all in all a good rundown of his life. It's nice to see an article about him in a mainstream publication that isn't just trying to prove how hip they are for writing about RO, it seemed more concerned with simply presenting his story.

I read a while ago.

It was pretty good, I liked the stuff about his dad, very interesting that he comes to all the shows and offers his own cantankerous slant. Seemed to veer a little to far toward a "hook" for the article (HOT new designer loved by the FRENCH has old conservative POPPA) but I enjoyed it all the same.

Wasn't very fashion-heavy (it is the new yorker after all) but all in all a good rundown of his life. It's nice to see an article about him in a mainstream publication that isn't just trying to prove how hip they are for writing about RO, it seemed more concerned with simply presenting his story.

agreed

imagine walking into some musky chinese dive in Paris, first thing you see is Rick Owens, Courtney Love, Gareth Pugh and an elderly couple sitting next to Rei Kawakubo. "what the f...."

• 3 weeks later...

Echoing the news that Style.com broke a few months back, today's edition of WWD had a short blurb on the Rick Owens store slated for Tribeca. Well, it's not actually in Tribeca—try the far southwestern reaches of Soho (aka Hudson Square)—but it is coming, and soon. Above, what we believe is the first look at the store, which according to Racked sources is coming to 250 Hudson Street between Dominick and Broome in August. The boutique, which will be run by the capable fellows at Atelier, will offer both men's and women's clothing. According to WWD, we can expect some interesting things from the decor: "'I'm working on an aquariumlike wall installation that contains circulating fog,' said Owens."

Echoing the news that Style.com broke a few months back, today's edition of WWD had a short blurb on the Rick Owens store slated for Tribeca. Well, it's not actually in Tribeca—try the far southwestern reaches of Soho (aka Hudson Square)—but it is coming, and soon. Above, what we believe is the first look at the store, which according to Racked sources is coming to 250 Hudson Street between Dominick and Broome in August. The boutique, which will be run by the capable fellows at Atelier, will offer both men's and women's clothing. According to WWD, we can expect some interesting things from the decor: "'I'm working on an aquariumlike wall installation that contains circulating fog,' said Owens."

This only makes me want to move to NYC even more....

• 2 weeks later...

Found the link through SlamXHype strangely enough

the smoke aquarium looks amazing. Great to put a voice to the face as well

TEH SPOT IS BLOWN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu
I'm interested in getting a pair of Rick Owen sneakers in 41 or 42. I went to the Japanese site in the thread but it's not a easy read even with google translate. Can someone help me out.

-G

i can get you 25% off retail for the new beige suede/white model in a 41(usa domestic). no joke. not including shipping and paypal though (and 4.721%tax). pm me. i'm serious. anybody! first come first serve (first pay)

btw. is it just me or did drkshdw denim get skinnier? makes me happy!

tees pretty nice this season too.

btw. is it just me or did drkshdw denim get skinnier? makes me happy!

tees pretty nice this season too.

Did it? I'm a 30-31 in the waist, and I got my first pair of darkshadows from the current season (they're a 29 as well) n they're not all that skinny through the leg..... As I said, this is my first pair, was wondering if u'v any fit pics for comparison?

Guest jmatsu
Did it? I'm a 30-31 in the waist, and I got my first pair of darkshadows from the current season (they're a 29 as well) n they're not all that skinny through the leg..... As I said, this is my first pair, was wondering if u'v any fit pics for comparison?

i eyeballed shit live and the legs def looked skinnier.

Guest jmatsu

sorry. my mistake. the womens was mixed with the mens stock. sizing was in the usual 29s and such. fit good. i checked again and was like "no wonder the berlin cut seems skinny."

an honest mistake

now that I think about it, im relieved, I definitely don't have complaints about the fit - although its not like i'l be out buying another pair anytime too soon $$$$

Found the link through SlamXHype strangely enough...

I'm interested in getting a pair of Rick Owen sneakers in 41 or 42. I went to the Japanese site in the thread but it's not a easy read even with google translate. Can someone help me out.

-G

Second post under the one where larssss said he found it on SxH....

Hypebeasts are like roaches, always live, never die...!

• 4 weeks later...
sorry. my mistake. the womens was mixed with the mens stock. sizing was in the usual 29s and such. fit good. i checked again and was like "no wonder the berlin cut seems skinny."

last time I went at the store (2 weeks ago or so), the only pair of jeans displayed in the men's part seemed quite slim. not really skinny though, but slim for sure.

pass on that jacket, looks like some mike&chris shit.

Anyone know where I could get more detailed (perhaps runway?) shots of this jacket?

I don't know much about RO other than what I've seen in stores.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/RICK-OWENS-MAN-leather-multipockets-jacket-size-L_W0QQitemZ360058460172QQihZ023QQcategoryZ57988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting