Jil Sander F/W 08.09

goldengloves

Well, it's that time of the year again...

We'll start with the new Jil Sander collection. More pics are definitely to come..

capt.71cf5a5b43ac4f2ab85e817e69fbf44e.italy_fashion_mil117.jpg

capt.8982935bc1964af78367c2cabb3ba484.italy_fashion_mil116.jpg

capt.71cf5a5b43ac4f2ab85e817e69fbf44e.italy_fashion_mil117.jpg

capt.929893f2b4944619889c296c0d59c934.italy_fashion_mil126.jpg

capt.03402071f94e434c8f08c6429212e65f.italy_fashion_mil121.jpg

capt.30b6476e01e3443a830792e666f7c354.italy_fashion_mil124.jpg

capt.807ae90737be4da387391aee45ace0e0.italy_fashion_mil125.jpg

capt.57b3bf4e62484145bebf21a01181521a.italy_fashion_mil128.jpg

Well, there will be more pictures later but from what I see above, I'm not too stoked on the collection. A few things I see that may be really nice but some of the fabric prints are just not for me.

SAND_MW_AW08_0571.jpg

Well, after seeing the whole collection; I quite like it as a whole. I'm still iffy on the black and white prints as well as the 'electric tree' print but the crazy plaid print is cool and the suiting and jackets look great. The cuts and knitwear look rather similar to last Fall, which to me is a good thing.

oh shit. i love everything about this; the slender silhouettes (legging trousers for the men this season!), the fabrics look amazing as usual, and the prints! god, i love the prints! lets hope the buys are more adventurous this fall. i especially love the black and white stone pants.

this collection is so... raf, which is more of a good thing, in my opinion, since jil can be a little plain for my tastes.

I'm liking this, for the most part. The prints are cool, but no way in hell could I pull those off or even consider rocking 'em. As usual, very nice suits and collared shirts, gonna have to get a couple of each hopefully, most definitely kopping the glossy black shirt (looks glossed to me) and maybe the blue suit if I'm lucky. I also like some of their leather jackets, mostly the fist baseball-style one and then the third or so one that buttons up and has a paneling effect on the front. Not my favorite collection from Jil, but very good in my opinion.

i think my favorite parts of this collection are the enigmatic print patterens

they nod in so many directions: marble, pollock, lightning, crushed tinfoil, what looks like melting plaid (this is especially clever!), sediment layers, rock mosaics, rain, granite

i am genuinely impressed that so many of the prints can be interpreted as signifiers of nature, even particularly as earth and rock.

hah, equally enigmatic were the the twin blue and red suits at the end

Everything I want to say has been said. Love this collection. The suits fit great, the trousers are great, the prints are really sweet and it's not as plain as previous Jil collections by Raf.

this this this, it looks expensive though :(, but amazing lots of brilliant things there and very RAF

The collection is incredible. Striking and outgoing but completely subdued at the same time? Nobody does it like Raf (for Jil, anyhow). Looks like it might be my favorite show of Milan this season (but of course there could always be surprises).

The only issue I ever have with Jil is that it really doesn't translate well to the store setting. The clothes are usually so subdued it's tough to really tell what's what and construct looks, if you know what I mean (if not, ignore this latter part of my post).

i wish i could really like this collection. everything seems to be there, clean, trimmed down, slim fits, etc. but for some reason, it just seems too clean and too neat and somewhat has a feminine undertone to everything.

cant exactly pinpoint what its missing but aside from the slimmed down fits, i'm not sure if this collection has anythign else to offer me.