Jil Sander F/W 08.09

goldengloves

Cuts are great of course but I'm surprised Simons is doing this marble print thing for the Jil Sander line and not his own. Daring? maybe, but also a little forced. WHO is going to buy that? The ostentatious queens who buy shit like that aren't going to go to Jil Sander for that kind of stuff. The more conservative bunch who liked Sander's simplicity aren't going to go for that either. If this is what he's doing for Jil Sander then I can't wait to see what he has for Raf.

I think Raf is getting more customers from his own line coming to Jil Sander for basics, but now, it looks as though he is starting to join those two customers together.

The only thing I find difficult about Raf is that he might change up things too much.

For example, his Fall 07 collection compared to this year's SS08 collection. I mean, it's cool because it keeps you on your toes (and the SS08 collection I loved) but it's hard from a customer stand point because it doesn't quite link. Collections seem so far from each other (other than the underlying tones to his shows that are similar).

Either way, I commend him for always being on the cutting edge.

the flat-soled brothel creeper shoe is going to be a big hit with shortie folks...

looks like a full inch and a half worth of height in those. interesting.

the marbleized prints are way too severe in full suiting, but easier to accept as outerwear.