Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Ashkaun: You can get a custom stamp from a company called tuffcase. You send them an equalized jpeg and they lazer cut it into a high density plastic. They said it's good for a few thousand stamps or more, strong plastic. They have different sized starting at around $45.

Some recent work:

001.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

apron+sm.jpg

sunglass+holder.jpg

wallets+runoff.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5EKxHEicQpQ/TORgiYBrs4I/AAAAAAAAAaA/a43_sbTVvFk/s1600/key+holder.jpg

card+holder+2.jpg

wallet+brace+rein.jpg

Scasi, your AF1 proto is super classy! Is that a repro of a historical piece? I love it.

Do you guys ever get any of the Japanese leather mags? I just got an issue of Daytona Bros, basically a catalog of all the japanese leather goods brands, and then several tutorials and patterns to go along with them. I've p[icked up a few techniques, but its kinda hard...no english.

hobb & nill, never heard of daytona bros magazine, quick google, a bit surfing by pictures, interesting stuff. nice work though mate, i like that glass's case, esp the grooved and stitched cross round the back.

coleslawyum, have to agree with dk123 and thinfin, that’s some impressive work! i went back in time in this thread trying to find pictures of some of your other work but there not appearing, do you have an online gallery of all your pieces somewhere?

anyways, inspiring stuff as always, bye

Shameless plug (so I can post something eventually in PYC)

I have a large amount of leather stamps im looking to trade for leather. Nature/wildlife, cars/trucks, full zodiac set, ect. If you want some leather stamps and want to trade some leather im looking for both heavy and light leather. Pm me if interested.

Hey, sorry if this isn't the thread for this type of question, or if its been explained in detail and I didn't see it, but I was wondering how to start leatherworking. Things like what hardware and machinery do I need, where to source leather from, how to work out basic designs etc.

Hey, sorry if this isn't the thread for this type of question, or if its been explained in detail and I didn't see it, but I was wondering how to start leatherworking. Things like what hardware and machinery do I need, where to source leather from, how to work out basic designs etc.

Im not a leatherworker, but it depends on what you're going to be making. Most of the tools you'll need will be hand tools like blades for cutting leather, awls/punches for sewing, swivel knife for carving, setters for rivets/snaps/gromets, etc.

Im sure if you tell us exactly what you want to get into, the resident leatherworkers here can help you out a lot.

Im not a leatherworker, but it depends on what you're going to be making. Most of the tools you'll need will be hand tools like blades for cutting leather, awls/punches for sewing, swivel knife for carving, setters for rivets/snaps/gromets, etc.

Im sure if you tell us exactly what you want to get into, the resident leatherworkers here can help you out a lot.

mostly just smaller stuff at least at first, like wallets and belts and card holders

f50fan- if you want you can buy a starter kit from tandy leather factory there's small kit with everything you need to get started mallet,stamps,swivel knife,thread and needles and more .....thats what i started with and when your skills improved you just buy better quality tools.

These kits are really nice for practice cause there's some little projects like wallet ,key chain ,money clip...included

i dont know if you will understand my shitty english but take a look at tandyleatherfactory.com