Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first attempt at making anything with leather, Tandy had a sale so I got a decent amount of 3-4oz. leather from them on the cheap along with some basic tools. Anyway, here it is:

sufu019gy3.jpg

Billfold x2

sufu020iu3.jpg

Whipstitch around the back, Saddle stitch for the insides.

sufu021xe7.jpg

It's just under 7" tall, 3.5" wide (closed), 1/2" thick (closed).

I learned everything from examining this thread :D

Here is my first attempt at making anything with leather, Tandy had a sale so I got a decent amount of 3-4oz. leather from them on the cheap along with some basic tools. Anyway, here it is:

sufu019gy3.jpg

Billfold x2

sufu020iu3.jpg

Whipstitch around the back, Saddle stitch for the insides.

sufu021xe7.jpg

It's just under 7" tall, 3.5" wide (closed), 1/2" thick (closed).

I learned everything from examining this thread :D

that zipper pocket turned out pretty nice. I like the way you stitched the edges.

Yo where you from in Az?

PM'ed you.

Meant to post about this awhile ago with pics, glad images got up though! I'm loving this piece. Craftsmanship is absolutely fantastic and it holds everything I need. I thought it'd be a bit bulky with the moleskine, but it fits great and doesn't seem to weigh too much. I'll post up pics in a bit as it wears in a bit more. Hollows-did you get my PM about getting some other pieces? I'm not sure if 4.0 sent it through or not...it was in my sent messages folder, but not anymore...grrrr.

Here's another one I'm really fond of:

3045436303_802b3fe30c.jpg

3046272142_359d46d993.jpg

Custom made for Sufu'er Orion, to fit a 3.5"x5.5" Moleskine. Shown with a Moleskine Cahier.

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

those look like the doper version of some campers i saw in granada. ima post a sick napsack i got from morrocco...check me out.

Hello my name is Marshall Deming. I am 24 years old and handstitching out of Hartford, CT. I have been teaching myself for about 6 months now. These pictures depict most of my work to date. My creations have been built out of necessity in an effort to outfit myself with quality goods. I am part of a small network of aspiring craftsman currently spread out around the new england area.

I just recently was granted posting priviledges and plan to share my future works with this community. thanks for viewing and sharing.

Hello my name is Marshall Deming. I am 24 years old and handstitching out of Hartford, CT. I have been teaching myself for about 6 months now. These pictures depict most of my work to date. My creations have been built out of necessity in an effort to outfit myself with quality goods. I am part of a small network of aspiring craftsman currently spread out around the new england area.

I just recently was granted posting priviledges and plan to share my future works with this community. thanks for viewing and sharing.

yay hartford! welcome man, nice to see a different style of leatherwork.

is this a new thing? i don't remember needing to be granted posting rights?