Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Spy - the brass bar is a great idea! Always want to make briefcase style bags like that but floppyness is alwaus the problrm. Thats a great way to make it rigid without wierd plastic lining stuff. Props.

Here's what I'm working now... a few tweaks and I should be ready for making...

DSC01088.jpg

as to rivet setters I use the Osborne ones for my solid copper rivets. They have some that are square and some that are rounded on the edges. I was looking for just a domed setter too, and discovered that a nice big bolt from the hardware store is domed on the end... Just a couple of bucks and you can dome your rivets without making marks....

Thanks guys! I beveled the edge of the bar on that one with a bench grinder and some hand-hammering, but I'm still worried about it scratching stuff. I'm thinking of sewing a piece of leather over it just to be safe.

It sure did make a huge difference in the overall rigidity of the bag though

Posted · Hidden by Shawn Stuart, May 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Shawn Stuart, May 4, 2012 - No reason given

file://localhost/Users/shawnsw/Desktop/Leathertalk%20forum%20posts/DSCF0850.jpgfile://localhost/Users/shawnsw/Desktop/Leathertalk%20forum%20posts/DSCF0850.jpgfile://localhost/Users/shawnsw/Desktop/Leathertalk%20forum%20posts/DSCF0841.jpgfile://localhost/Users/shawnsw/Desktop/Leathertalk%20forum%20posts/DSCF0840_2.jpgfile://localhost/Users/shawnsw/Desktop/Leathertalk%20forum%20posts/DSCF0838_2.jpg

unless this works

hey guys. here is a reproduction style wallet. It is based of a WWII discharge paper holder. When guys did their time in the service they were honorably discharged some men must have got these leather holders. Long story short I shrunk the scale of the wallet a little to make for every day use. This wallet could be unisex...possible better for women.

Horween CXL

7143133361_eea05d7b37.jpg

6997055248_a32e871243.jpg

6997050624_de08cc53b5.jpg

bills, business cards and credit cards,

6997060358_e89d4420d2.jpg

In the pocket

6997057128_3e9170957b.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

Damn guys... MIA-ed for just a week and stuff are pouring in like mad here..!

Dang Hollows - I'm drooling over that bag.

itsjustnc - Here's that wallet after some use. First image is brand new with a light tan and oil, the others are after about 6 months of daily use.

friday_and_River_Speakeasy_1.jpg

friday_and_River_Speakeasy_2.jpg

Thanks for the effort dude.! You've given me a hell lot to think about. Am using 4-5 oz now but am considering to switch over to 3-4 oz. Torn between shaving off a few mm or the suppleness...

Hollows, ive thought about that before too. You could get a piece of steel and drill a hole, and then use a rapid rivet setter to peen with. I share a shop with a couple metal fab dudes, i could see if they have some scrap and see how it works out. Ill post an update when i run into them. Would anyone else be interested?

Sounds good.! Would love to hear some updates.!

Here are some Wheat pennies I collected while being a cashier in a local store. Not worth much on their own but i think they'll make unique conchos... i domed them at school in my sculpture class...going to solder them in a few days.

6994470268_21f5f2dd90.jpg

Damn...! Always wanted to get in on some concho making but shipping that block of steel is gonna suck.

hey guys. here is a reproduction style wallet. It is based of a WWII discharge paper holder. When guys did their time in the service they were honorably discharged some men must have got these leather holders. Long story short I shrunk the scale of the wallet a little to make for every day use. This wallet could be unisex...possible better for women.

Horween CXL

7143133361_eea05d7b37.jpg

6997055248_a32e871243.jpg

6997050624_de08cc53b5.jpg

bills, business cards and credit cards,

6997060358_e89d4420d2.jpg

In the pocket

6997057128_3e9170957b.jpg

Unique stuff dude.! The antique paperwork was cool...

here is my final order, i am taking a break for a few months.

got to move into my new home and work space. take care of some personal crap.

and build a monster of a website.

talk to all you dudes in a couple of months!

6999626696_a2e43f7822_z.jpg

7145713633_fdcdc15606_z.jpg

Cant wait to see your site.! your work is dope as hell...! Freaking love your stitching.

Jaw I like the tote.

Tried to do something different today. First attempt at a mid sized wallet, not too pleased with this piece, but you gotta start somewhere! Hollows/ Black goat ... give me much inspiration.

7167751296_27eae47674.jpg

7167740542_d7f8c8e234.jpg

7167743378_61163c372d.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

Another Trucker-inspired wallet done.

Using black cowhide leather, with lambskin lining for smooth and classy internal. And a Yen-sized dollar slot.

MenLongWallet1.jpg

MenLongWallet4.jpg

MenLongWallet5.jpg

With some trying out of braiding, finally self-taught on a different type of braiding :)

80cmCelticRein.jpg

How did you made the inside of the card pockets?

This is the first simple minimal bill-fold I just finished and need some help if any of you have a minute.

1) How do you guys keep the back of your stitches so neat? It seems like even if I manage to get the back looking straight it still looks real choppy and junky (see 2nd picture for reference).

2) In my 3rd picture I have my billfold sitting in my lacing pony. How am I supposed to place the piece into the jaws so I can stitch the sides correctly? As you can see I cant just smash the rest of the bill-fold into that area. Do I just have to buy a real deal stitching pony?

Any other help and pointers would be great. Making things is awesome even if I mess them up all the time! :)

1VRti.jpg

QHT7D.jpg

15Sf7.jpg