Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

To anyone making wallets. Are you splitting your own leather down to 3-4oz or buying it at that size? Almost done a learning batch on some real low grade 2-3oz but I seldomly come across anything high grade in that range.

You should buy if you know what you're looking for. Often manual splitters dont yeild that good results.

Yea, I know what you mean, its hard to find leather that thin with good tannage. Maybe they find it a waste to split it that much.

Does anyone use 3/4oz for wallet shells.? I'm using 4/5 oz now and im wondering if i should downsize to take a few mm off the total thickness.

Anyone got an aged wallet with a 3/4 oz shell.?

I've used 3/4 for a long wallet for a friend of mind. He's had it for a few months, I'll try to get a photo.

Just finished these 2 slim bilfolds. Chromexcel outside, veg tan inside. The same friend who I made the above mentioned long wallet wanted a slim billfold for his father in law, so I knocked out 2 - one for myself.

Friday_and_River_Classic_Slim_Bilfold_Chromexel.jpg

Edited by Friday

Did my first show today, absolutely crazy time. Met a few dudes from this thread, thanks for coming out! Here's a pic of my setup, I had to throw it together last minute with Ikea window coverings as the table cloth haha. Had Lumina behind me and CXXVI next to me, everyone was super cool.

7122633501_a961c89d7a_c.jpg

Did some work today hand dying some peices. dont do this often. so I am learning about the process. I also did a veg tan wallet with an i d slot and blue cord. Hermann Oak 2-3 oz and 3-4 0z. Maine thread company. 100% made in USA. I phone pictures beware.

6977319218_30a359f202.jpg

7123403943_ed0a0d2908.jpg

6977320902_3a84b6f06c.jpg

7123403081_a267fbaaeb.jpg

Just wiped this one down so its a little moist in the photos.

7123421975_70c9fdb9f4.jpg

7123422961_e5467a259d.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

Not to be and over poster, but heres my Hermann Oak veg tan wallet around 4 months of use. more I phone pictures.

7123427767_b7f7684446.jpg

my stamp on left, and an old stamp i found in an antique shop.

6977344602_cd44efbbec.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

I've used 3/4 for a long wallet for a friend of mind. He's had it for a few months, I'll try to get a photo.

Just finished these 2 slim bilfolds. Chromexel outside, veg tan inside. The same friend who I made the above mentioned long wallet wanted a slim billfold for his father in law, so I knocked out 2 - one for myself.

Friday_and_River_Classic_Slim_Bilfold_Chromexel.jpg

Thanks man. Appreciate it.!

Not to be and over poster, but heres my Hermann Oak veg tan wallet around 4 months of use. more I phone pictures.

7123427767_b7f7684446.jpg

my stamp on left, and an old stamp i found in an antique shop.

6977344602_cd44efbbec.jpg

I hope you dont mind me asking but is the shell on this wallet 3-4 oz.? Cause it looks like its ageing well.

Lightleak, imagine the pockets are cut into "T" shapes, then layered, so they do stack in the middle but not on the edges where you sew.

I forgot to mention in my last wallet post, but I wanted to try a little something different so I added a card pocket on the bill side.

Friday_and_River_Classic_Slim_Bilfold_Black_Chromexel_3.jpg