Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

i wouldn't suggest doing anything that will be in contact with the ground out of natural leather, it'd get all moldy and stuff. you could do a raw moc and tan it, then treat it. that'd be the best way.

fucken very 70's of you haha, the guy that owns my tannery used to make sandals and mocs for beer money back then.

I'm interested in footwear, but I've never tried anything like it. I'm sure that somewhere down the road I'll give it a go for myself or friends, but it seems like the sort of thing that will take a lot of practice and refining to produce something I would be comfortable selling.

I'd love to find a cobbler who needs an apprentice. Seems like really interesting work.

I'm interested in footwear, but I've never tried anything like it. I'm sure that somewhere down the road I'll give it a go for myself or friends, but it seems like the sort of thing that will take a lot of practice and refining to produce something I would be comfortable selling.

I'd love to find a cobbler who needs an apprentice. Seems like really interesting work.

I've totally thought about footwear too. I look at something like a common projects desert boot (http://web2.revolveclothing.com/images/COMM-MZ41_V2-BIG.jpg) and it really doesn't look very difficult. looks to me like 3 pieces of leather sewn onto a sole. pick up and old pair of converses, take off the bottom, and use that as a base to make a simple sneaker.

Hi everyone, I'm looking to finish off a belt and was wondering if anyone knows where to get a buckle along the lines of the one on this FH belt:

fhtanbelt0.jpg

I've looked at the rectangular blanks that Tandy offers, but those seem less hefty and have a less refined look, to me. Thanks for any info!

Hi everyone, I'm looking to finish off a belt and was wondering if anyone knows where to get a buckle along the lines of the one on this FH belt:

fhtanbelt0.jpg

I've looked at the rectangular blanks that Tandy offers, but those seem less hefty and have a less refined look, to me. Thanks for any info!

It's not square but Rob Diamond has this one that is kind of similar:

http://www.robdiamond.net/product/HAMM3/Hammered_Brass_Cool_Western_Belt_Buckle.html

this week's stuff:

x-posted from the evo thread, my new wallet for myself. i put a piece of leather outside for 5 months or so, through all weather and everything, then made myself a wallet out of it.

3055629934_7c0cc62a70.jpg

3055629800_72d1c5b5d1.jpg

couple other wallets:

3054791053_b7ae980927.jpg

3055628666_e1e56fb51b.jpg

3054793421_dc6662860e.jpg

and i made myself this, it's a bracelet with ostrich inlay. i'll probably make another with an oxblood colored inlay, and this one needs tanning and oiling, just something i've never made before!

3054793635_ce8ec8d649.jpg

• 3 weeks later...