Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Thanks guys.

The hook cost ~$40 in supplies. I made it in a craftshop under the guidance of a silversmith. It's simple to make but requires patience and the right tools: acetylene torch, silver saw, file, hammer, more files, etc. Basically you cut the silver wire to the length you want and bend it to the proper shape. Then to create the taper you hammer the wire and flatten it. After it's been flattened you saw the edges of the tapered bit away and file the hell out of it to turn the square tapered bit into a round tapered bit. The last step was wrapping the small silver wire and soldering.

Thanks guys.

The hook cost ~$40 in supplies. I made it in a craftshop under the guidance of a silversmith. It's simple to make but requires patience and the right tools: acetylene torch, silver saw, file, hammer, more files, etc. Basically you cut the silver wire to the length you want and bend it to the proper shape. Then to create the taper you hammer the wire and flatten it. After it's been flattened you saw the edges of the tapered bit away and file the hell out of it to turn the square tapered bit into a round tapered bit. The last step was wrapping the small silver wire and soldering.

way over my head but you prolly can make some money by selling these to ppl like me. x) im sure others maybe interested too!

I dunno but browsing this thread all the stuff made by different people look the same? there's like a motif inspired by a certain brand.

Anyway, do you guys use a sewing machine or something? those stitches are so clean and straight! I've been experimenting with leather but i don't have any kind of sewing machinery so I do them by hand but at the end of the day my hands are fucking sore and the stitches aren't as perfect as I want them.

Or do you just punch the holes with the sewing machine then stitch em by hand?

Thanks.

And btw corter you do make nice stuff. Your stuff looks so well made. ++

Corter, why is it so hard to get in contact with you? I PMed and e-mailed with no response :[

i'm getting on that right now man, for some reason i'm getting a ton of pm's and emails, it's hard to keep track and still work my day job. tomorrow everyone'll get responses...i know i'm so late now on this one anyways

so a couple newer things, experimenting with fabric

2795520200_1b7fd0186c.jpg

2795521122_9247e952e7.jpg

2795523462_25f8dc91ba.jpg

2795523948_1002c13bc9.jpg

and a new set i really like

2795514510_dc24afa453.jpg

2795516418_0dcf155ede.jpg

^looks cool man. english saddle leather? that's what i use

here's a cool wallet i got to make, a skull "bea man" type piece.

2816193890_42c3534269.jpg

2815343641_6731dfb9b8.jpg

and how it loads up, i really like how there's just one big pocket, you could fit like 20 cards in it and it's still pretty thin

2815343545_234305d2ab.jpg

Corter, this wallet is sick. How much is a custom piece like this going for?

• 2 weeks later...

Made this wallet to go with my Strongholds, which sadly are going up for sale tonight because I have no ass to fill them out. This wallet will be going along with the jeans, gotta keep them fades (or lack there of in my case) going.

IMGP0937.jpg

IMGP0938.jpg

IMGP0939.jpg

You see correctly folks, flannel houndstooth lining and one YYN highlight along the top. I was trying to think of creative uses for my extra string and figured I'd sew with it, worked pretty nicely after waxing it.

Here's some of what I've been up to lately...

img0127sb5.jpg

img0125gm4.jpg

img0129jq6.jpg

img0131gf9.jpg

img0144qs7.jpg

Belt pouch is a good way to keep a few things close by, and keep soft packs from getting crushed.

Here's a journal/wallet thing. Good for listmakers.

img0135ed0.jpg

img0139jk7.jpg

classic style wallet:

img0160pw4.jpg

img0164dj7.jpg

img0166iz9.jpg

Sorry for the picture heavy post. Let me know what you all think.

Most of this stuff will probably be for sale once I figure out reasonable prices.