Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

yea, he's been one of my absolute favorites for a long time now, since he really started pushing his fans towards his blues background and newer tunes. I really think he's a genius of a pop song writer/composer than guitar player although he is a modern legend in his own right there-some of his lyrical structures are just amazing. I was lucky enough to be 3 people from the stage at a trio show-best of my life. plus, he's played the shit out of the music industry

guitar straps- they take up so much leather i'd have to charge a very large sum just to pay for the hide! believe me, i've thought about it, but there are tons of great factory models out there for a nice price

heres a bigger picture of a wallet i did today, just to show some progress on my pocketing. it's been the hardest for me, i think i'm finally getting them almost seamless and perfect. the curves are really fun and nice to do, but i'm really digging the simplicity of the straight pockets right now too

2328625528_0cb41da161_b.jpg

^someones paying money for that thing? if so, you should practice more before selling your shit.

...like a lot more.

before you decide to make a stupid comment, maybe you should have thought that I'm updating him with pictures the whole way through and offering him a low price? It's not like I'm charging $150 for it or anything. and if you had actually read my post, you'd see that I mentioned I'm not 100% done. I havn't burnished the edges or sewed down the chain loop. care to point out what's wrong other than that?

before you decide to post something in a leathercrafting thread, you should be aware that people are going to critique your work and give you their opinions. don't be so sensitive.

what do i see that's wrong? look at how close the holes are to the edge of the leather (top right). that same corner is also not symetrical to the bottom right corner and it doesn't look like you can fix it. looks too close to the stitching already. if you pull that thing in and out of your ass pocket for a year it's gonna wear thru those holes and fully expose the stitching. do you really wanna sell that to someone?

maybe it's the pictures but that thing does not look suitable for sale. if the guy purchasing it feels differently, then props to you. regaurdless, that's my opinion of what you have created and chose to post on the internet.

i'd suggest using something circle shaped to do the circle...that's a rough design to make look good. props for trying it though, man. more detiled pics when it's done and i'll be able to see it better/ give you some crit if you want it.

i just learned that leather is a byproduct of the meat industry- no cows are killed just for their leather. cordovan might me different, but that's horses.

a good way to start in leather work is to use to search button. i know i've answered many questions multiple times, i think even put up a list of basic tools, and i know a ton of other people have contributed a bunch of great tips as well.

google is your friend too

i just learned that leather is a byproduct of the meat industry- no cows are killed just for their leather. cordovan might me different, but that's horses.
Horween is the primary supplier of cordovan, and if I recall correctly the hide comes from horses that have died naturally. It does not seem to be a by-product of the horse-meat business, and horses aren't slaughtered just for their cordovan shells.

Every source I've read and heard so far tells me that there are NO horses specifically killed to end up as the "holiest of all leathers", this is one of the reasons why Cordovan is so scarce.

Another reason is that, well there are simply less horses these days, and that has been like this ever since the automobile replaced the horse as the main way of transport.

Cordovan used to be a lot less scarce (but still special) back in the days...

heres a bigger picture of a wallet i did today, just to show some progress on my pocketing. it's been the hardest for me, i think i'm finally getting them almost seamless and perfect. the curves are really fun and nice to do, but i'm really digging the simplicity of the straight pockets right now too

2328625528_0cb41da161_b.jpg

Your stuff keeps getting better and better. As soon as I get some extra cash I definitely want to get one!