Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Does anyone know what these things are called in english?

663684lg6.jpg

I´m looking to put one on my next wallet. I know they have them at Tokyu Hands but I don´t want to have to ask someone to go out and get one for me. I´d rather just order it online.

here is my take (and by take, i mean knock-off) on the dior double wrap belt i saw on this board a while ago. i had to order every part from a different source, the 9-10 oz. veg tan buffalo leather, the rectangular metal rings, the roller buckle, and the black screw posts. the shipping was more than the materials themselves!

DSCF1269.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1274.jpg

i made a cardholder for my girlfriend for when she's going out and doesn't feel like using her clutch. i wanted to do something a little different, so i used the hole puncher i got for the dior belt i made. a nice touch, also, was the use of gum tragacanth (used for finishing edges) on the suede side of the leather to make it smooth since, being a simple cardholder, that part is exposed. the orange-y color is without flash, the true color is with flash.

DSCF1277.jpg

DSCF1276.jpg

DSCF1282.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

edit: thanks hews and corter for the props on the belt!

here's a new one...again no computer of my own right now so I can't upload good pictures, but these give you an idea. once I get my new computer i'll upload a couple nice pics of all the phone-era customs.

this ones for a member here, mid with 8 card slots, 2 bill slots, and 2 reciept slots (under card slots on each side). card slots don't have finished edges in the pics...they do now.

2263760077_425ba8fa09.jpg

2264557372_5800a268f9.jpg

How much to make this belt? But with a d-ring attached... or with the button/grommets at the bottom?

well, materials themselves were only around $15, but shipping was far more than that on all the parts, and there are some tools you'd need. i have no idea where to find those hangy loop thingies, otherwise i would definitely have some by now.

How much to make this belt? But with a d-ring attached... or with the button/grommets at the bottom?

well, materials themselves were only around $15, but shipping was far more than that on all the parts, and there are some tools you'd need. i have no idea where to find those hangy loop thingies, otherwise i would definitely have some by now.

my father has a small leather wallet he has had for now over 30 years. the clue is, it is just folded, not sewn, theres not a single thread used. theres just one snap to close it which he replaced 5 years ago. he always carries it in his backpocket, and still the wallet looks like it could last another century. he told me a friend had made it and because its just folded in some weird way, it was incredibly thick in the beginning, but got a nice and comfortable shape after using it for some time.

ill try to get pictures the next time i see my parents.

made a key holder today. if i hadn't bought $30 worth of fabric (not very much yardage, apparently wool houndstooth is expensive) i definitely would not deal with it again. the weave is quite loose so it comes apart/frays easily and it's really obnoxious to do intricate work with. that said, i like how this turned out, and look forward to using it for the real reason i bought it...

DSCF1334.jpg

Man I haven't been on in awhile, but B-Dawg man...awesome stuff. I love the direction you're taking it, Dior double belt and houndstooth keyholder is +++. It makes me want to finish the leather projects I have been neglecting :cool:.

Also, I second Cotton Duck on mysterious magic oragami wallet pics.

thanks optima. i'm excited to see what you're projects are, as i have enjoyed your work on the mid wallets, and the cotton duck/sexi04 pieces. i can't wait until i get through this week of midterms and essays so i can start my next project.