Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

finished the PYC Wallet template!!!!! now i just need to make the tutorial.

i know i said it would be up today. need a few more days. but if you want the template early just shoot me a email.

here is a computer "mock up" of the design

5819037820_9a00c8e63f_z.jpg

Here is another one, not sure if this was ever completed though

I just finished another wallet I worked on all weekend and the last piece was the chain loop attachment. Well, this one didn't come with a traditional screw back...it's the kind where the screw looking end is meant to be hammered in, which isn't as easy as it sounds...can't hold the ball end while trying to hammer the "screw end." Turns out I scratched the hell out of it by using various tools and approaches. Its now very loose and very disappointing. I still have a little stitching to go and just feel like scrapping this project.

One more good whack of a mallet would could probably do it, but I'm affraid it'll brake. Anyone have any experience with this piece of hardware?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to tell you after the fact, but you need a little anvil into which you place the ball while hammering the back a few times.

21h1EzJy4GL.jpg

^Nice stitching!!

Man...where would one pick that up? Thanks Zissou!!

Edit: Found it!! You are the man!

Glad to help! Be sure to post photos. Your last wallet was great.

Thanks Gentlemen! From two true craftsmen, I take it as a compliment.

I'm reluctant to post these photos as it's as far as I'm going with this wallet. Based on my many lessons learned with it and my first wallet, it's going in the trash (might use it for scrap leather) and I hope to start making them at your guys' caliber sooner than later. I was going to get fancy with more studding on the inner button flaps, but will do that on the next wallet...this week. It still needs more stitching and finished edges. I'm learning from scratch...and the hard way, so hopefully I don't have to scrap too many wallets.

Now to learn how to stitch...

This is so addictive!!

wlt.jpg

I'm reluctant to post these photos as it's as far as I'm going with this wallet. Based on my many lessons learned with it and my first wallet, it's going in the trash (might use it for scrap leather) and I hope to start making them at your guys' caliber sooner than later. I was going to get fancy with more studding on the inner button flaps, but will do that on the next wallet...this week. It still needs more stitching and finished edges. I'm learning from scratch...and the hard way, so hopefully I don't have to scrap too many wallets.

This is so addictive!!

wlt.jpg

Your creativity stud work is sick!

Your work is apart from the rest (so far i have seen), it has compromise everything. Hope to see more of your creation.

This is so addictive!!

wlt.jpg

If you decide to trash it, I'll be happy to be your dumpster..

interesting wallet, not the mainstream wallet seen here

Very nice, hollows! I was thinking about making another backpack, but I'd need a heftier sewing machine. I think I wrecked mine on the first pack I made...

Mr. Corter! The black leather is looking tasty! You hand dye it?

Not that stuff, no (but thanks!). It's actually just a veg tan that's been dyed on the top and polished, left natural on the grain side. It feels almost exactly like cordovan to the hand on the front- stuffed with some oil, etc. The back isn't as smooth, and obviously it's not as dense, so that's where it's obviously not cordovan. Still, super nice to work with.

I'm guessing people found it too... "Makr-ish"

Haha.! Ironic ain't it.? So much for the "uniqueness of handmade leather goods and how two products are never alike even if the same patterns were used."

Its like.... Mainstream brands within the non-mainstream brands. Oxymoron much.