Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Sigh.. I hate all you guys. I wish i had a Tandy here in Singapore...

go and ask the guys from the OGL store (ObbiGoodLabel) where they buy their leathers from if you have no other options...

or contact the member "Obbigood" for more details and infos, i`m sure he can/will help you on this one....

^Nice, Corter. I have been thinking that I need a decent lunch bag, so I may whip up something simple.

I always love it when coleslawyum posts in this thread. Great work!

that's a cool idea and it looks cool too.

Can you get black regular head screws for it? I think it would finish better..

Thanks to everyone for the contructive critque. This is my les paul, the pickguard is going onto a all black les paul custom. I just put the pickguard onto my guitar for the photos. I agree about the screws. It does break the flow of the design.

Keeping with the metal theme, I made this gun bag for my tattoo artist.

I know its not really what this thread is all about. but hey! where else am I going to show off? :) this bag was a NIGHTMARE to make. lots of hand cut metal and foam pieces.

my artist friend

5815497028_12446c8cf5_z.jpg

5815496542_4a61e829ee_z.jpg

5814928497_999ea86f3c_z.jpg

5814930233_f802a0f8dc_z.jpg

5815498004_63cdabec86_z.jpg

Here's a smaller (12 X11) postal I just finished. The body is W&C 5 oz, lined with Horween front quarter horse. The straps are Horween horse butt, lined with FQ horse. The back pocket is Herman Oak. It gives you a good idea of the color difference between HO and W&C. The hardest thing about making it was turning it right side out.

P6090804.jpg

P6090805_2.jpg

P6090806_2.jpg

wow this page is on fire! black goat that case is out of control! And unlucky that bag is beautiful. I love the lining. I've tried to do some leather lined bags, but turning em back out is stupid hard, so props to that.

Ridiculously awesome. Small hard-case luggage like that is on my someday-list for sure.

Did you trade for ink? Because that would be a sweet deal.

thanks hollows, i did trade for ink!

Here's a smaller (12 X11) postal I just finished. The body is W&C 5 oz, lined with Horween front quarter horse. The straps are Horween horse butt, lined with FQ horse. The back pocket is Herman Oak. It gives you a good idea of the color difference between HO and W&C. The hardest thing about making it was turning it right side out.

P6090804.jpg

P6090805_2.jpg

P6090806_2.jpg

hey unlucky! good to see you posting again

I have been meaning to order some horween front horse quarter.

what the temper like? very soft? or more like a english kip?

Thanks Jaw! that bag was a labor of love

hey unlucky! good to see you posting again

I have been meaning to order some horween front horse quarter.

what the temper like? very soft? or more like a english kip?

The stuff I get is chrome tanned, so it's very soft but also quite waxy. It's not thick, maybe 2oz. Most of what I get are overruns. They have some funky colors, lots of marbling, and sometimes a stripe down the middle of the back, which makes me wonder if these aren't donkeys. Horween also does CXL front quarter horse. I got one once, and it it's incredible - much cooler than their CXL cow. It's hard to get though, since the big jacket companies, aka, Schott, Lost Worlds, Aero, and others lust for it. There's a tannery in Uruguay that veg-tans horse fronts. They used to sell on ebay, but now they will only do 10 hide minimums. I think they are around 100 bucks a side. I got one once and there was some waste, but the stuff that was good was amazing - nice firm temper, great color, consistent 2/3 oz.

thanks for the info, I have been on the hunt for a good liner leather. something with some character.

amen on the CXL front horse, its hard to get your hands on. harder then cordovan it seems. at least the CXL Horse ass is not in high demand :)

thanks for the info, I have been on the hunt for a good liner leather. something with some character.

amen on the CXL front horse, its hard to get your hands on. harder then cordovan it seems. at least the CXL Horse ass is not in high demand :)

You may want to give Ken a call at Booth

http://www.boothandco.com/

He's got some hair sheep and buffalo kip that is pretty bitching.

I forgot to mention how rad your pickguard and tattoo case are. I want to do a pedal, cord, and strap case. Right now I use an old suitcase, and it sucks.

Here's a smaller (12 X11) postal I just finished.

P6090804.jpg

P6090805_2.jpg

Holy CRAP!! That's f'ing fantastic.

Is that natural veg-tan or dyed? Either way, it's really fantastic. I need a portfolio that can carry a handful of file folders. This color would be perfect! Gorgeous work.